CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

This is too funny. I had to really think what my first supp. was. Do you remember Weider's protein pills? That would have been around 1976 or there abouts. They used to come in these huge tubs, there had to have been 1,000 pills in each tub. I can't remember how much protein was in each pill but we used to eat them by the handfull. I guess the next most popular supp. would have been desicated liver pills.

Thanks for the compliments O-Train and GYBRAT
    Exploit the earth or die..

Wannabe

Yea I remember the tubs of protien pills and desicated liver pills I use to take by the dozen.OOooHHH so tasty.Wieder ruled in the 70,s,well at least in my mind at the time.His Musle and Fitness magazine was the only way to get any info in those days.How far we have come since then with the internet now.

People say all kinds of shit about Weider, but they were pioneer's in the industry. In the 70's anything relateing to bodybuilding you seen Weiders name on it... But those protein pills were like haveing a mouth full of chalk, i can honestly say i do not miss them, lol.

Wannabe

Well its nice to see a few Gurus posting in this thread.I do not expect you all to post on a daily basis but would it not be nice if the administrator of this web site were to deicate a section to the OVER 50 Crowd.You would think for those who have hung in there for 20 to 30 years of training would deserve thier own section.
    So if you know of any other bodybuilders on this site or others,get them to chime in,because if we got enough of us to ask,we just might get our own Section.

Wannabe

On another note I had a hell of a workut today.Two hours later i still feel naushes from it.Escuse my spelling.LOL Did some high rep(20) shoulder presses and rows to day.Geeze I am sore.Can hardly type.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Good stuff guys.....I honestly hope im in as good of condition as you fellas are....Impressive numbers there guys......I think this will be an informative thread, i enjoy talking about the old days, i am just entering into my 40th yr.....wow, feels weird to type that....Feel like im 20 or so....Always read the old mags and took in all i could back in the 80s.....
    Get your supplements where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements......... www.Trueprotein.com (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    Trueprotein sponsored athlete Enter CANADABB for 5% discount

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
    Good stuff guys.....I honestly hope im in as good of condition as you fellas are....Impressive numbers there guys......I think this will be an informative thread, i enjoy talking about the old days, i am just entering into my 40th yr.....wow, feels weird to type that....Feel like im 20 or so....Always read the old mags and took in all i could back in the 80s.....
    Hey you are just in your prime.I had my best lifting in my late 30,s and early 40,s for strength and size.The best is yet to come.

Hey IW the weird thing is i know i'm 51 but honestly do not feel like i am, i have no idea what 51 is supposed to feel like... I train hard , work hard and i'll take the kayak out on the ocean in some of the most brutal weather you can imagine.. Not because i have to prove anything, its just what i love to do and i do it.

ta-kid is right, the 40's are without a doubt THE best years! Shit really come's together at that age and you're still young enough and pain free enough to really make it happen... Course you won't realize that untill you hit 50 and look back, lol.. Hell, maybe when i turn 60 i'll look at the 50's as the best years.. All i know for sure is the 20's were far from the best years.

Wannabe

Good to know that there is a lot of experience to draw on here. I'd guess I am the oldest beginner here with my 5 months of lifting.

I remember eating up "Muscle and Fitness" back in my 20's and if I recall correctly egg protein was the big thing back then. I wish I new then what I know now.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

I hear ya fellas....I am looking forward to these next yrs, as you stated, the 20s werent so good, learned lots through many mistakes, and guesses...lol...
    Thank-you for the encouragement, i say keep doing what you guys are doing.....
    Get your supplements where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements......... www.Trueprotein.com (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    Trueprotein sponsored athlete Enter CANADABB for 5% discount

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast