CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by clemenst View Post
    i'm 24 yrs old and i'm on TRT now and i know its from the accutane. felt total normal before accutane and within 3 months of taking it, never been the same. but my face looks f*****g great!!!!. Don't waste your time with endos, been there done that, there useless........pm for a good doc.
    Thanks. I PM'd you. How old were you when you took the Accutane?

Twirp

Thanks everyone else. I'm probably going to go across the border to Michigan (there's an OD there who is particularly good with TRT and man stuff).

Twirp

I also took Accutane before my woes started. I'm not 100% convinced that was it, but I'm hypopituitary. It was frustrating as hell getting this diagnosis here. I have stories that would make anyone cringe. I even saw a guy in Burlington that was supposed to be the best Canada has to offer in the field. He was horrible, very uneducated. It's sad when I know 10X more than him...

Anyways the doctor in Michigan is your answer. I travel across the border to see him. I have a long way to go but I'm on many of the replacement meds I need to be on now. And feeling so much better.
    Last edited by beanball; 02-01-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Twirp

I'm pretty sure the accutane does mess up something . otherwise its quite the timey for my body to take a shit dive well on it for me. Did the doc in michigan figure out if the accutane causes anything?

Twirp

I'm pretty sure the accutane does mess up something . otherwise its quite the timey for my body to take a shit dive well on it for me. Did the doc in michigan figure out if the accutane causes anything?
    No man. Rarely will you find a doctor that is interested in knowing 'how' you got into this condition. That's not a knock against this doctor. In fact it took me years to realize that I may never find out what happened to me. I can sit here and blame it on Accutane, and I have reason to believe it could be hereditary too. I know Accutane f'd me up in so many other ways and I "collapsed" right after my course, but all I care about today is feeling better. I was wasting too much time looking back on what could have been. I can tell you if you are interested - there's a site out there, very scientific - that basically pinpoints all of the different hormonal pathways accutane touches and subsequently buggers up. Not sure the policy on linking for this site, so try to find it or PM me.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by beanball View Post
    I also took Accutane before my woes started. I'm not 100% convinced that was it, but I'm hypopituitary. It was frustrating as hell getting this diagnosis here. I have stories that would make anyone cringe. I even saw a guy in Burlington that was supposed to be the best Canada has to offer in the field. He was horrible, very uneducated. It's sad when I know 10X more than him...

Anyways the doctor in Michigan is your answer. I travel across the border to see him. I have a long way to go but I'm on many of the replacement meds I need to be on now. And feeling so much better.
    Is it just gonadotropins or other hormones as well (thyroid, etc.)? Several factors can cause central hypogonadism (what I have as well). What are your prolactin and estradiol like?

I don't want to rush to TRT, which is pretty much a life long thing, if I can fix the source of the problem. Not sure if that's possible, though. And I feel pulled in the other direction too - I worry that I'll miss my window to see the Dr. from Michigan (who knows - he may retire) and most doctors, even endos, suck pretty hard when it comes to this issue.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the doctor from Michigan say when you asked him WHY it has happened to you (regarding Accutane, etc.)? Or was it just a rush to HRT/TRT?
    Last edited by Testiclops; 04-01-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Twirp

Ya if you could PM me the site thats would be good. I would liek to know if there is a way to restore all the hormone levels some how. i've tried nolvadex but that didn't work either.

Twirp

Ya if you could PM me the site thats would be good. I would liek to know if there is a way to restore all the hormone levels some how. i've tried nolvadex but that didn't work either.
    Not sure if there is any single answer (or if one even exists). It needs to be specific to your medical history. If you've evaulated thyroid/adrenals, maybe check out nutrient deficiencies, etc.
    Last edited by Testiclops; 04-01-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Twirp

How are you lh/fsh levels? Prolactin? Estradiol (specify if sensitive or ultra-sensitive)?

Twirp

estradiol-17 beta, (not sure if its senstive) 119 43-151
    total prolactin , 16 2-18
    LH 3 2-6
    dhea-s 4.1 7.6-17.4
    progesterone 3 less than 4
    testosterone 18 8.4-28.7
    bio t 6.9 2.7-19.2
    sHBG 33 13-71
    b12 320 198-615
    cortisol am 614 170-720
    cortisol pm (4pm) 267 170-720 (pM: up to one-half of patients AM value.)

At what prolactin level does it affect testosterone levels......are you okay as long as its in range or is mine high?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast