CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by jshort View Post
    Based on what this beginner has read, their doesn't appear to any special diet needed except to eat lots of protein since many AAS work by increasing protein synthesis.
    I think the diet part of the info is required along with body stats. Higher levels of body fat increase the likelihood of estrogenic side effects, because there are more receptors present. I believe that's why people ask for diet and body info - because overweight people are trying to use the AAS to cut from 20+ BF down to 9% and might get difficult to deal with sides like gyno.

The skinny bugger who doesn't know how much he's really eating, might not maximize their initial cycle gains. I'm under the impression, from what I've read, that the first cycle can produce great results if all your ducks are in a row, and that these results might not be as easily reproduced in subsequent cycles.

Granted this is all my personal opinion, based on things I've read, and I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong.

Twirp

Good point.

A quick search on PubMed would seem to suggest that morbidly obese men do appear to have more estrogen.

This is an abstract I read:

Serum estrone (E1) and 17beta-estradiol (E2) were noted to be 2-fold elevated in a group of morbidly obese men. Urinary E1 and E2 production rates were elevated in proportion to the degree of obesity, with values as high as 127 and 157 micrograms/day, respectively. Although serum testosterone (T) concentrations were reduced in obese men, averaging 348 +/- 35 vs. 519 +/- 42 ng/dl in lean controls, the dialyzable T fractions were elevated and, hence, the calculated free T concentrations were normal in obese men. Further, the obese men exhibited normal serum LH, FSH, and T responses to clomiphene citrate, indicating intact hypothalamic-pituitary-Leydig cell axes. MCRs of T and peripheral conversion of T to E2 and androstenedione (delta) to E1 were all increased in obese men in proportion to the percentage above ideal weight. Although the obese mean exhibited increased blood levels and production rates of estrogens, there were no signs of feminization, increased T-estrogen-binding, globulin levels, or suppressed basal gonadotropin levels, suggesting a lack of biological effect. We postulate that obese men exhibit defective estrogen receptors, leading to decreased T-estrogen-binding globulin, increased clearance of androgenic hormones, and elevated estrogen production rates.

Twirp

Great info! Anyone from Ontario here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12