CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National Level Bodybuilder

less than 5 weeks...should be a great show!!

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

I just checked on the price of a ticket for the novice night show...
    $35.10. I thought it might be nice for my wife and I to go and have a look but for $70 there is not a frosty snowball's chance in hell that I would consider it.

This is a novice show for christ sake. The only people in the audience will be the significant others of the competitors and at 35 bucks a ticket even that's a bit of a stretch.

Really not impressed.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tiramisu View Post
    I just checked on the price of a ticket for the novice night show...
    $35.10. I thought it might be nice for my wife and I to go and have a look but for $70 there is not a frosty snowball's chance in hell that I would consider it.

This is a novice show for christ sake. The only people in the audience will be the significant others of the competitors and at 35 bucks a ticket even that's a bit of a stretch.

Really not impressed.
    I dont mean to be a stickler for details but the price is $35.50 a ticket.

I agree T, it is a bit steep but the MABBA comps only come twice a year.

National Level Bodybuilding Competitor

A Review of the show...

say what you will about Mabba, but this novice show ran smoother than some of the National shows Ive been to.

ok... womens figures was the largest group of competitors... there were some good physiques up there! maybe it was because I was volunteering, but nobody really stood out to me as a "HOLY CRAP" kinda overall physique star or anything. The look was less muscular than I like, which I think is the way figures is moving more and more. (one point to Prisioner #22)

womens fitness had 3 competitors all together... Yeah THREE.. one in short. the year I compete there was 9, this year... one... go figure (haha PUN... ) the chick was a good little gymnast... not much of a physique... the tall chick looked pretty good, tight routine, She's actually worked out another gymnast... best 90 seconds of the show so far.
    (ok... I'll give another point to Prisioner #22)

Bikini was not only very unimpressive to watch, but sported the biggest BITCH of the evening... ATTN one Bikini bitch... F$#k you. ... ok, got that out of my system! two classes short and tall.. all toger 18 ladies registered... definatley some pretty girls I can't figure out the "look" of bikini... there were a few with curves and that teenager muffin top thing... and a few who were super tight bodies who would look good on any playboy set, and a couple annorexic chicks who would make a killing walking the runway in paris... I don't get it.. not for me. (Point to Prisioner #22)

Womens BB. ONE JUNIOR!! kinda shocking! thick chick, looked like a water polo girl... conditioning was shit... should have dropped about 20 pounds.
    Masters One competitor, dry not too big.
    LW.. One super cute little Mags! (I train with her)... too bad nobody else was LW. she looked good, bang on conditioning!
    HW, 4.. the winner looked good, great conditioning... could do alright at Nationals in middleweight.. one chick had GIANT lats, needed to drop 15 pounds..
    (Im not giving this one to Prisioner #22.. LOL.. we'll call a draw)

Mens... ok, I'm going to forget some of this because it was pretty hectic.
    Jr's was about 9 guys... I was quite impressed with the ammount of muscle on a bunch of them! usually young guys can't get leg seperation... 2 of them stood out for size and conditioning. The level of confidence was very cute! some were very confident, others were shaking like leafs! One of them popped wood and could not control it! I think it was a good first experience for all these kids! They ALL were craving slurpees! LOL damn winnipeggers! (props to my buddy Jesse for getting back up on that stage this year... One more year of growing Kiddo!! next yr Jr's has your name on it!!)

Grand Masters 3 guys, agres 64, 61 and 59... Elite guy Cos took first... good Job Cos!

Masters, again, a big class, I think 9 guys, wide variety of looks and sizes... alot of muscle out there... One fireman guy, owned the show... leg seperation like MAD!! he earned every trophy he ended up with (I believe 4 of them lol) a few guys with more mass winning over better conditioned little guys... mheh... judges preferance.

Classic was cool... I liked it the most. Alot of the guys at the novce few in classic as well as open class ( and a few in masters also) classic has 2 classes, tall and short...
    There's this guy Giuseppe, he trains at my gym, anyway, he was a BALLET dancer!! (not gay though , not that there is anything wrong with that!! lol) he entered classic and placed 2nd... ripped to shit (amazing conditioning) but very much a "swimmers" build. Very interesting to see... I think classic is kinda like the male equivilent to figures... less muscle, differnt look... I really enjoyed this class. (My Ballet buddy won best posing routine... LOL NOBODY held a flame to a former Professional Balerina!)

the weight classes were kinda a blurr for me... sorry I'll do my best here..
    bantam and the other smaller guys kinda mixed together for me... Super Heavyweight, One guy, a flipping GIANT, must have been 6 foot 6 super man tattoo.. posed to super man theme song... I'm sure he is quite humble in real life!!... he looked ok, sheer size, previous years super heavy's and half the dudes on this site (even the assholes like.. oh nevermind) look better.
    Heavy weight 2 guys.. both looked good, I'd say this one was close by looking at them... they had similar size and conditioning... winner had better legs.
    the weight under heavy or the one under that had the fireman from the masters round come back... Domination... he looked REALLY good.

I think there were aprox 30 male athletes registered.
    standouts... some tall kid with tattoos on his chest (two swallows) had great symetry and portioning... amazing balance and confidence.

One ohter kid... kinda blond curly afro, Spot on conditioning.

Any one considering doing a Novice show... SMILE!!

overall would have gone to the masters guy/ fireman dude.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Thanks for the review, I'd have liked to have been there but the price was to high for me.

Hopefully we'll see some bootleg pictures along the way. Yet another personal annoyance, no cameras/video at a novice show. They really do everything they can to jerk the participants out of their dollars.

I can't imagine another amateur sport that is allowed to run this way.

I just want to know about the bantam weight (I think where the 3 young boys competed) and the judges gave the trophy to the smallest kid who had a roll on his waiste. This had to be a mistake and nothing was said about it to correct it!

National Level Bodybuilding Competitor

Was that the class with the kid with all the tattoos (full sleeves?)
    if it was... tattoo guy looked better... but again... Judges aren't "supposed" to mark you down for having them... and Im sure since it's not "supposed" to happen, it never does... right?
    *shakes Head*

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner#22 View Post
    I just want to know about the bantam weight (I think where the 3 young boys competed) and the judges gave the trophy to the smallest kid who had a roll on his waiste. This had to be a mistake and nothing was said about it to correct it!
    I agree with u #22. I was shocked to hear he got 1. The three competitors were pretty evenly match in the sense that all three did not have much mass or conditioning but to give 1 to the kid with a roll was insulting. Politics I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor85 View Post
    I agree with u #22. I was shocked to hear he got 1. The three competitors were pretty evenly match in the sense that all three did not have much mass or conditioning but to give 1 to the kid with a roll was insulting. Politics I say.
    i was sitting right by the judges table and I can definitely say that when it went down a few of them were searching through their papers they had in front of them on the table, as if they were shocked as well. I am just surprised this was let go. But then again this has happened before under Debbie Karpenko's watch!

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

So it's been a couple of weeks since the show. Does MABBA simply skip posting the results and pictures altogether?

It seems wierd that placings and pics aren't on the MABBA site or anywhere else that I can see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast