CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Twirp
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Not following Natenator. If you contact the wnso directly they can probably answer your questions best.

    As you see from steve_d out of competition tests are done as are 100s of urine tests.

    Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    FYI , greg passed a 100 of FAMES tests. they decided to do an out of contest test for greg
    Last edited by lovetotrain; 07-06-2010 at 04:01 PM.

  2. #22
    Canada Bodybuilding VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,218
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetotrain View Post
    Not following Natenator. If you contact the wnso directly they can probably answer your questions best.

    As you see from steve_d out of competition tests are done as are 100s of urine tests.
    So then, which one of these did he fail?

    And failing to show up for a test is not the same as testing positive for a test.

    I suspect most "testing" done in these types of shows are visual tests only.
    I lost 20 pounds...How? I drank bear piss and took up fencing. How the **** you think, son? I exercised.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetotrain View Post
    Not following Natenator. If you contact the wnso directly they can probably answer your questions best.

    As you see from steve_d out of competition tests are done as are 100s of urine tests.
    I didn't say they were 100s of urine tests. In fact, the first fame show we ever did, in which greg won the overall, we were waiting and waiting to get drug tested. We were used to the standards of the cbbf, which at the time tested the top 3 in each class at the world qualifier. So, after hours and hours, and everyone gone, it looked like we weren't needing to be tested.

    In another show, you pee'd in a little cup, and they asked you your number. how strict is that? I could have given them a female competitors number.

    There was only 1 fame show I did, where they actually escorted you out to pee somewhere. So, all and all, I can never be sure how good fame tests were. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. But I do know greg had been "randomly selected" for just about every fame show he did. Funny how even the shows he lost he would be the one they tested. Probably because he was the one guy up there that they were sure was clean seeing as how he was passing drug test after drug test in powerlifting and bodybuilding shows.

  4. #24
    Twirp
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    steve_d is also spreading rumors that are just that, rumors. if you want to know the truth go to the source. people who got banned for competing based on drug use, and those who did not place where they wanted, often have plenty of fingers to point. So check the source to see what you're assuming is correct is actually factual.

  5. #25
    Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by natenator View Post
    I suspect most "testing" done in these types of shows are visual tests only.
    Yes, that is true too...Although, they weren't that great at visually testing seeing as how the worst gyno acne infested guys were still getting on stage.

    Fame was a good organization in its time, particularly for fitness models and exposure. It has died down considerably. Its just a bodybuilding show either way - so do it if its local, or if you have friends in it.

  6. #26
    Twirp
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    lol. good one steve. it seems you're digging yourself deeper. first you write 100s of tests, then you say that greg is the only one who ever gets tested. and the reason you gave, do you think it makes sense? wouldn't it be more advantageous for an organization that is so adamant against drug use to test those who they suspect.

    Natonator all athletes agree to the WNSO drug testing protocols which includes out-of-competition testing which must be adhered by.


    Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    I didn't say they were 100s of urine tests. In fact, the first fame show we ever did, in which greg won the overall, we were waiting and waiting to get drug tested. We were used to the standards of the cbbf, which at the time tested the top 3 in each class at the world qualifier. So, after hours and hours, and everyone gone, it looked like we weren't needing to be tested.

    In another show, you pee'd in a little cup, and they asked you your number. how strict is that? I could have given them a female competitors number.

    There was only 1 fame show I did, where they actually escorted you out to pee somewhere. So, all and all, I can never be sure how good fame tests were. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. But I do know greg had been "randomly selected" for just about every fame show he did. Funny how even the shows he lost he would be the one they tested. Probably because he was the one guy up there that they were sure was clean seeing as how he was passing drug test after drug test in powerlifting and bodybuilding shows.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetotrain View Post
    steve_d is also spreading rumors that are just that, rumors. if you want to know the truth go to the source. people who got banned for competing based on drug use, and those who did not place where they wanted, often have plenty of fingers to point. So check the source to see what you're assuming is correct is actually factual.
    I am not banned from Fame. And I placed quite well with Fame. Rumors can be true. I am not pointing fingers, I am just stating facts. I have nothing against Fame. They are just like every other organization. Its a place to do the sport you enjoy.

    I don't care if Fame tests or if they don't test. It's not like a tested shows winners will always be clean. I am not in this sport to be the next ifbb pro, nor am I in it to be the best "natural pro". I've beaten guys on juice, I've lost to guys on juice. I've beaten guys who were clean, and i've got beaten by guys who are clean.

    Again, for the guys just starting out, compete wherever. It won't matter in the end. If you are good enough to be an ifbb pro, than you likely won't ask "where to compete" you'll already know where, and that's with CBBF.

  8. #28
    Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetotrain View Post
    lol. good one steve. it seems you're digging yourself deeper. first you write 100s of tests, then you say that greg is the only one who ever gets tested.
    Re-read what I wrote. I said greg passed 100 of fame tests. It was an exageration on the fact that he was always tested by fame. I didn't say fame gave out 100 tests each show. OH, unless you count the show we did where 100 voice stress tests (that are "80%" effective - although all 100 people passed). You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the flaw in that.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetotrain View Post
    wouldn't it be more advantageous for an organization that is so adamant against drug use to test those who they suspect.
    You would think.

  9. #29
    IFBB PRO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Don't have to get the facts from others whne u can get it from the source himself. I know what really happened. no matter what rumour uv heard. No doubt some WNSO guy jsut trying to make their shamfull organisation look good. I passed every test done with them. They only randomly pick a few people to test. At my last Pro show with them I was the only one tested and passed. They then asked me to drive to Halifax on easter weekend and show up at a lab to do a Random test in case I was planning to compete at the worlds that year. I said I was not going to compete at WNSO worlds and was not going to drive the distance on my $ on easter weekend for nothing. So them they said I could not compete with them anymore after that. Funny it coincided with them bouncing a 500$ cheque to me. If u look back I won there worlds that year at 170 lbs. Funny how I jsut recently added 15 lbs of muscle now but not them hmm wonder why. Must have been bad juice back then right.

    Sure wish they tested the overall winner the 2 times I lost a motorcycle to that person funny how I was tested and not them. Funny how they said it would look bad for TV if the guy winning the bike failed the test. I know all the facts so stay away from them. Ask the other top competitors why they no longer compete with them (Both male and female).

  10. #30
    guest
    Guest

    Default

    ....but is FAME a good organization to compete in?


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Canadian Natural Physique Championships Pictures
    By sinbad in forum IFBB - Professional Bodybuilding Competitions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:30 AM
  2. 2010 Canadian National BodyBuilding Championships Poster
    By MuSuLPhReAk in forum CBBF - Canadian Bodybuilding Federation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-03-2010, 03:43 PM
  3. 2010 CBBF CANADIAN NATURAL PHYSIQUE CHAMPIONSHIPS
    By MuSuLPhReAk in forum CBBF - Canadian Bodybuilding Federation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-01-2010, 10:26 AM
  4. 2010 Canadian National BodyBuilding Championships
    By Tiamat in forum CBBF - Canadian Bodybuilding Federation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-09-2009, 09:46 AM
  5. Results from FAME World Championships
    By Body Proud in forum WBFF - FAME - IDFA - UFE - INBF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •