CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amateur

Yeah, I think its impossible to say. Comes down to personal preference. Both look amazing....period.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

The reason it's impossible to say is that the judging standards for figure are pretty much a secret. Not even the judges know what they are. Even figure skating has better scoring criteria.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by tiramisu View Post
    The reason it's impossible to say is that the judging standards for figure are pretty much a secret. Not even the judges know what they are. Even figure skating has better scoring criteria.
    they have standards - they are just up for interpretation by the judges. what 1 judge might consider too "hard" another might think this is the ideal. They do however tell the judges things like "excessive muscularity" or "striations"...but again, up for interpretation. 1 judge might view dry looking abs as excessive - yet another might only think striated glutes is excessive.

What needs to be emphasized in my mind is having 1 flaw is only 1 flaw. A girl with perfect symmetry, shape, size, precence, however just slightly too lean SHOULD do better than someone who has just ok of all of the above. But what I find it that the winners tend to be the one with the least amount of "flaws" - yet sometimes this also means they have no strengths. This is equivalent to if they said a bodybuilder simply would place out of the first call out if they had smallish calfs (yet perfect everything else). In my mind, if you look like a national heavyweight champion, with calfs of a welter weight, sure, knock down a couple points for symmetry - but you should still be placing. Same idea with figure. I've seens judges completely eliminate girls from the equation based on the "too hard principle" or the "too much muscle"...Sure, they might not deserve the win - but when you see what beats them, you sometimes scratch your head.

Thats why I've always said, with figure, shoot for the top of the pack. Don't have expectations for 1st place. If you can come consistently in a top 3 position at high level shows you definitely have something about you that appeals to the judges.

Administrator

Monica Brant won it this past weekend.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Thanks for the update MP

Twirp

Here are some pics I took at the 2010 WBFF World Championships.

I posted a small gallery. Feedback is welcome
    http://www.m2c.ca/blog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2C_5033.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	23227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2C_6114.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	23228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2C_5690.jpg 
Views:	2179 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	23229  

Amateur

Why is there a picture of dillett there lol he looks like he's creepin on the ladies, thats what the sunglasses are for i guess :P

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

thats cause he was

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by MuSuLPhReAk View Post
    I agree with 69C. Tough call on this. Monica has incredible definition, especially in the thigh, hip, buttock area. Hard not to notice though. Emily has a perfect quad sweep. Not overly big like a bodybuilder but very noticeable and still remains very toned vs muscular.

Personally I find it very difficult to judge women figure as I find something good about all of them. If anyone knows, what is the criteria for points in a figure competition?
    The judging criteria depend on division, IDFA figure : mascular, toned feminine physique, no excessive mascularity or separation between muscle groups it is not a bodybuilding contest, harmony and symetry no body part should stand out from the rest,even flow, equal development and so on. Then of course stage presence, skin tone, walk,posing suit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12