CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bodybuilding Competitor

[QUOTE=ForrestG;404987]
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.P. View Post
    I have never heard of anyone actaully using the polygraph test. I think it would be interesting to be hooked up to one though instead of doing the piece of paper. I think many organizations to not use the traditional poly because of the price of doing the test itself. The same goes for blood work. It would be nice if everyone had to do a test of some sort but then the fees would go up even more then they are already. QUOTE]

I've done the poly a couple of times and it's a bit un-nerving. Even when you know you're clean it's a stressful thing, always a bit uncomfortable.
    Stress causes cortisol to increase, cortisol causes water retention... Do you think the polygraph can effect your conditioning?
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
    http://www.hyperforce.net/ <---Team Hyperforce
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

Twirp

Possibly, if you were really stressed about it (like to the point where your sleep was affected). I was never stressed about it before the interview just during. After, you feel good cause you can focus on the show, similar to finishing weigh-in's, one more step out of the way. In most INBF shows, the poly is done on the Thursday or Friday before the show so I'm sure your body would be fine by stage time.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestG View Post
    I've done the poly a couple of times and it's a bit un-nerving. Even when you know you're clean it's a stressful thing, always a bit uncomfortable.
    I am competing in the OPA so I am not sure I will get the chance to do the poly. For all you Seinfeld fans.....

All I can think about is when Jerry does the poly for the hot cop he is dating because she doesn't believe that he doesn't watch Melrose place. Classic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123