CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Muscle Bound

Default how to dose hcg.

Ive been on test for the last 2 months, i am doing my last shot of test e on the 14.

I started to inject HCG as well yesterday, i was thinking doing 1500ui e3d and use a total of 10000ui, start my nolva on the oct 1.

I was wondering if doing it this way is good. Id like input and info about proper protocol.

i found some contradicting info saying that using 2000ui eod after the last dose of test e was the proper way to do it

thank you
    Last edited by Memo; 04-09-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Dare to be powerful beyond mesure...

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

I've had great luck with 1500iu e3d as you mentioned, along with my nolva at 40mgs ed. I also ran 500iu a wk through out my cycles as well

GB

....keep me posted on this memo bro

National Level Bodybuilder

everyones differnt. I just currently finished a very supressive go and i used HCG 10000ius shot 2500ius EOD until was done (4 big shots). Then i started my nolva 40 x 4weeks. Feeling more recovered then ever and managed to keep most if not all my gains.
    CanadianMuscleTeam.com Contest Prep/Diet Coach

Preparing for the 2011 Canadian Bodybuilding Nationals!

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

thats great to hear bigtav

Muscle Bound

i will stick to 1500 e3d and see how it goes, i might readjust next cycle is not with my recovery.

How many days I should have between last hcg shot and first nolvadex?
    Last edited by Memo; 04-09-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Dare to be powerful beyond mesure...

Quote Originally Posted by Memo View Post
    i will stick to 1500 e3d and see how it goes, i might readjust next cycle is not with my recovery.

How many days I should have between last hcg shot and first nolvadex?
    You should be on nolv before you start your HCG and it should be continued 30 days post final HCG shot to ensure free estrogen is blocked while your natural test levels are still rising.

Depending how long I'm on and how bad I'm shut down will be the deciding factor on how many total IU's I run, but the norm for me is 20,000. Three big 5000IU shots spaced 3 days apart followed by 2 2500 shots three days apart. This was decided after reading several different peer reviewed medical journals showing this as the optimum way of use. I wish the GF was still in University for her Biology degree. She had free access to this password protected site that had 1000's of legitimate peer reivewed medical studies/reports. You could do a search on anything and find some study information. The end result is I've done this HCG method 4x now and I recover fast and get my boys back in record time.
    I'm also a firm believer in Tribulus use for PCT, but in quantaties 4x what the recommended daily is.

Bigguns is correct the recommended dosage by the Canadian manufacturers is actually 4000-6000iu three times weekly for 6 weeks. Now this again is dependent on the severity of down regulation, the amount of testicular mass lost, and the duration of the previous cycle including types of compounds used. Generally 2500iu ETD or EOD for a total of 5-10 shots is sufficient for most. Younger guys will be able to use less with quicker recovery...older guys..ie over 35 will need more and recovery takes longer.
    While taking HCG you should also be using an AI...such as Aromasin or Femara...Nolvadex will work but will lead to issues when you stop it.... again slowing recovery. An AI used concurrently will prevent the formation of estrogen to begin with and thus excess estrogen in the system does not occur. (excess estrogen hampers recovery via the negative feedback loop) With Nolvadex used concurrently you will block the estrogen formed from the HCG usage but this does not prevent the estrogen from being created in the first place. If you are not using an AI and just nolva you will have an large amount of estrogen in your system by the end of the HCG cycle and when the nolva is stopped this estrogen will again supress LH production causing delayed recovery.

The best method for the quickest recovery is to run HCG along with an AI, once the HCG is completed (2-3 weeks) the AI can be stopped or the dosage cut in half and nolva or clomid or both can be used for 3 weeks...then wait two weeks and get full blood work done.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by NeverDieEasy View Post
    how much aromasin would you run while using the hcg? 25mg ED?
    I'd suggest 25mg EOD. I have always run Adex (0.5 mg ED) with large HCG doses with no problem.

Is running HCG at, say, 500 iu/wk over long periods (like a 16 week cycle) considered dangerous? I imagine it will shut down LH & FSH production entirely. On my last BW, I showed next to none (to the concern of my doc).

Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Bigguns is correct the recommended dosage by the Canadian manufacturers is actually 4000-6000iu three times weekly for 6 weeks. Now this again is dependent on the severity of down regulation, the amount of testicular mass lost, and the duration of the previous cycle including types of compounds used. Generally 2500iu ETD or EOD for a total of 5-10 shots is sufficient for most. Younger guys will be able to use less with quicker recovery...older guys..ie over 35 will need more and recovery takes longer.
    While taking HCG you should also be using an AI...such as Aromasin or Femara...Nolvadex will work but will lead to issues when you stop it.... again slowing recovery. An AI used concurrently will prevent the formation of estrogen to begin with and thus excess estrogen in the system does not occur. (excess estrogen hampers recovery via the negative feedback loop) With Nolvadex used concurrently you will block the estrogen formed from the HCG usage but this does not prevent the estrogen from being created in the first place. If you are not using an AI and just nolva you will have an large amount of estrogen in your system by the end of the HCG cycle and when the nolva is stopped this estrogen will again supress LH production causing delayed recovery.

The best method for the quickest recovery is to run HCG along with an AI, once the HCG is completed (2-3 weeks) the AI can be stopped or the dosage cut in half and nolva or clomid or both can be used for 3 weeks...then wait two weeks and get full blood work done.
    P
    You are correct with the Arom or Arim suggestion in "the perfect world" as I like to say. I prefer the nolv (20mg ed) & Clomid (50mg ed) combo only because of the negative effects Arim/Arom have on your lipid profile, especially considering it is already going to be a bit out of whack with your current hormone inbalance during PCT as it is. I generally only run Arim/Arom through my dieting cycle pre-contest, when my diet is bang on and the effects on my lipid profile are significantly minimized with low cholesterol intake. Lol, I don't know about you guys but when I come off, which is shortly after contest, I'm definitely not eating a contest diet anymore. This isn't so much a concern with all you young kids out there but when you hit your mid 30's your a fool not to be monitoring, well, everything going on inside your body. My blood is done every 8 weeks and I will make diet/cycle adjustments accordingly as per the results. The reality is no matter what level of bodybuilder you are, until the IFBB give you a check for placing in a show or Muscletech sends you one for sponsorship, this is a hobby for 99% of us and it's not worth any long term damage, lol, although we'd be fools to think there isn't some ramifications with our little hobby down the road regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverDieEasy View Post
    how much aromasin would you run while using the hcg? 25mg ED?
    Yes that is fine...fyi aromasin should be taken ED.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast