CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns21 View Post
    You are correct with the Arom or Arim suggestion in "the perfect world" as I like to say. I prefer the nolv (20mg ed) & Clomid (50mg ed) combo only because of the negative effects Arim/Arom have on your lipid profile, especially considering it is already going to be a bit out of whack with your current hormone inbalance during PCT as it is. I generally only run Arim/Arom through my dieting cycle pre-contest, when my diet is bang on and the effects on my lipid profile are significantly minimized with low cholesterol intake. Lol, I don't know about you guys but when I come off, which is shortly after contest, I'm definitely not eating a contest diet anymore. This isn't so much a concern with all you young kids out there but when you hit your mid 30's your a fool not to be monitoring, well, everything going on inside your body. My blood is done every 8 weeks and I will make diet/cycle adjustments accordingly as per the results. The reality is no matter what level of bodybuilder you are, until the IFBB give you a check for placing in a show or Muscletech sends you one for sponsorship, this is a hobby for 99% of us and it's not worth any long term damage, lol, although we'd be fools to think there isn't some ramifications with our little hobby down the road regardless.
    Arimidex will negatively affect blood lipid profiles yes....mainly HDL levels which is your good cholesterol and it drops it significantly. That is why I NEVER recommend Arimidex. On the other hand Aromasin or Femara do not negatively effect HDL levels to any significant degree...hence my suggest to utilize these compound during PCT. Another suggestion is to run Nolvadex during the cycle and concurrently with Aromasin during PCT. Nolvadex will keep HDL levels stable throughout the cycle as well as during PCT. Start at a low dose 10mg daily and let blood work be your guide...no more than 20mg daily is necessary.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

Thank you guys for clarifying things, i will make change accordingly.
    Dare to be powerful beyond mesure...

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Arimidex will negatively affect blood lipid profiles yes....mainly HDL levels which is your good cholesterol and it drops it significantly. That is why I NEVER recommend Arimidex. On the other hand Aromasin or Femara do not negatively effect HDL levels to any significant degree...hence my suggest to utilize these compound during PCT. Another suggestion is to run Nolvadex during the cycle and concurrently with Aromasin during PCT. Nolvadex will keep HDL levels stable throughout the cycle as well as during PCT. Start at a low dose 10mg daily and let blood work be your guide...no more than 20mg daily is necessary.
    P
    Are you sure Arom doesn't have a negative impact? It's supposed to be slightly more potent than arim and the negative impact comes from supressing estrogen production/conversion to basically nill, not from the compound itself, so I would assume anything that supresses estrogen is going to negatively effect HDL...or so I always understood.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns21 View Post
    Are you sure Arom doesn't have a negative impact? It's supposed to be slightly more potent than arim and the negative impact comes from supressing estrogen production/conversion to basically nill, not from the compound itself, so I would assume anything that supresses estrogen is going to negatively effect HDL...or so I always understood.
    The blood work of hundreds of BB;s doesnt lie..take them off arimidex and put them on aromasin and see...ive seen it a smy client is Doc who sees most of the pros and amateurs around here...HDL is a huge concern and making this one change has improved things dramatically.
    P
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*

Twirp

just curious on why you would want to run your hcg along side nolva in your pct and not run your hcg before hand ( during cycle, or after last pin), i have ran hcg successfully many different ways and always had a speedy recovery because of it (versus the pre hcg days) but have never ran it along side a serm in pct

Quote Originally Posted by sixguns View Post
    just curious on why you would want to run your hcg along side nolva in your pct and not run your hcg before hand ( during cycle, or after last pin), i have ran hcg successfully many different ways and always had a speedy recovery because of it (versus the pre hcg days) but have never ran it along side a serm in pct
    The reason I don't do it is because I don't want to be sterile. I've read many clinic reports that reported long term low dosage use of HCG in men caused irreversible damage to the leydig cells. I've never understood the fight some guys go through to try and maintain natural test function during a cycle, especially some of these guys that are on for 6mo or longer just to speed recovery up by at best a few weeks, because whether you maintain natural test function or not, you are still required to commit to some sort of PCT at the end of your cycle anyways.

Twirp

ya that makes sense forsure... so say i do my last pin of a long ester, do u recommend running the hcg during the 2 weeks before pct, or run it along with your pct but extend your pct to 6-8 weeks? or something like that? ive always ran it during cycle or at the end, but never during pct because i thought hcg stimulated your LH? levels, and running it while your trying to recover your natty levels would be counter productive in recovery, unless of course u extended your pct to account for this

Muscle Bound

i still believe running during those 2 weeks are the best way to do it. But you want to run an AI to counter the estrogen conversion
    Dare to be powerful beyond mesure...

Quote Originally Posted by sixguns View Post
    ya that makes sense forsure... so say i do my last pin of a long ester, do u recommend running the hcg during the 2 weeks before pct, or run it along with your pct but extend your pct to 6-8 weeks? or something like that? ive always ran it during cycle or at the end, but never during pct because i thought hcg stimulated your LH? levels, and running it while your trying to recover your natty levels would be counter productive in recovery, unless of course u extended your pct to account for this
    When i'm running a long acting ester like cyp or enanthate at this point in time, i really prefer to stop my cyp for example and run 4 weeks of lower dose prop, 100mg every 3rd day for example, this gives the cyp time to work its way out while i keep some decent test levels going, then I know I can discontinue the prop, wait a week and start PCT with HCG the following week and I should not have any concern about residual AAS in my system when I finish my HCG shots, which would basically counter act everything the HCG just did for me.
    In the past before I did the prop method, I would suspend my cyp shot and not start PCT for at least 5 weeks. Cyp and enanthate take a good 3 weeks to peak in the blood and last another 2/3 weeks before the half life has become so minimal you are running a defecit of test in the body. The timing is perfect for me, but its been a personal experiment thing. It may differ by as much as a week for other people. I've been clean for 2 months now and have also been catching everything going around as you usually do when you come off and I've only sacrficed 13lbs with some days being 1200 calorie days because of the flu. I think that's as good as you can get for maintaining mass all things considered.

I've never seen any proof of Leydig cell issues with running hcg a couple times per week while on cycle. Some HRT docs actually use this method long term. I dont prescribe to using it while on but I know many do...I have just been very successfull with running PCT at the end and using HCG with it. Ive tried both methods and didnt see any difference in recovery time.
    P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast