CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ropinirole

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Body By Balco View Post
    In my opinion Ropinirole, especially for me, is a much better choice than Dostinex. Ropinirole is a non-ergot dopamine agonist. There has been much debate and speculation as to the role of ergot derived dopamine agonists like cabergoline and a role in valvular heart disease. I say why take the chance if alternatives are available.

As well is the broader spectrum dopamine agonism. D4 agonism is of interest as that receptor may play a role in cognitive improvement. As of right now I have no brain fog and I am very clear minded. The adjustment period was not fun, however as I stated, I rushed the dosages a bit before reducing the dose to a tolerable level for my physiology. I am keeping an eye on any tolerance that may build. I fully expect that at some point I may have to increase the dosage a bit.

There may be distinct roles for this drug as it applies to the body builder. Prolactin suppression MAY occur at a dosage that does not elucidate much of a libido response for some individuals. That is fine if all they want to accomplish is to keep prolactin in check. If a strong libido is required, then a higher dosage may be necessary.

Expense is a non issue if the other dopamine agonists are difficult to easily procure. I honestly don't know how it stacks up price wise and I don't think this is an area of conversation that should be discussed on the board. So let's have none of us go there resulting in an informative thread being locked up.

Cabergoline has a silly long half life. I am really dead set against drugs that have long half lives (drugs like Clen as well). Ropinirole has an effective half life of approx. 6 hours. Multiple daily dosing is necessary, and it is a trade off I'd gladly take any day over a long half life'd compound. Twice per day dosing of Ropinirole seems to be working for me.
    bongd, i think you got your answer..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    bongd, i think you got your answer..
    Right, you are. It was leg day so I was a bit inebriated.

If I can find this I might give it a run. I've been dying to run some tren but hate the skyrocketing prolactin. Doctor looked at me like "WTF" and is always so reluctant to provide blood work. Although I know that blasting AIs and Cabergoline will bring it down, I don't like that type of brute force action on my body.

Muscle Bound

quick q

Do you get a noticeable change in BP? How about any other sides like the shakes or vision issues?

Twirp

Just curious about ropinirole and what benefits you see in taking it for bodybuilding. I'm not up on all the technical jargon, so would appreciate a little info in layman's terms. My doctor put me on a .5 mg per day dose of ropinirole for restless leg syndrome. I'm guessing that dose it probably too low to notice any difference in my weight training, but I'm still curious what benefits/disadvantages it might have other than for RLS. I am to take them before bedtime, btw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12