CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amateur

Default Adenhart Impaired Killer gets 51 yrs

I am neither a supporter or non-supporter of any public protest group but you have to look at this case and wonder...WTF are we (Canadians) doing in these cases...

The Adenhart case (he was a promising starting pitcher in MLB) has an accused male driver who was 22 at the time of the incident..he was on parole ?? for a previous impaired driving conviction. He was approx 3 times the legal limit and blew a light at 65 MH and hit a car with 4 in it...killing 3 and severely injurying the fourth. Driver gets convicted and gets 3 consecutive 15 yr to life sentences plus 6 yrs on additional charges....so 51 yrs to life... similar case in canada has the cop in Vancouver who was impaired hitting and killing a motorcyclist and he takes off and returns to scene later...same cop was the main culprit in the YVR taser death...he gets nothing...

Danny Heatley, a hockey player, was impaired several years ago flying down the road and wrexks his Lambroghini and kills his passenger and team mate...he got nothing..

Maybe its the case of the star athlete being the accused...he gets off and the star athlete being killed with others..ur getting life.

In Canada, in the Adenhart case...would there be jail...maybe...what would the sentence be...similar cases usually are in the house arrest to 2 yr range..who should be accountable, other than the accused, in these cases...the judges, the prosecutors, the police or the overall justice system..do we start electing judges like USA to ensure they do their job so they get re-elected but doesn't that breed corruption...this is all so ****ed up. It makes me laugh when there is this big announcement when there is a bill passed to "increase maximum sentences" whenthe trend here is that there isn't even adherance to minimum sentences...this must be so frustrating for the families involved on the "victim" end of these cases....I'm at a loss to understand the logic and criteria followed that leads to such desparity in how cases are handled within our country and also in the USA compared to here...

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Seems to be the way it goes...lots of understanding from judges and prosecutors concerning drinking and driving,white collar crime...and paedophilia...

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Any person found at fault in a traffic accident leading to the death of a person regardless of whether they are impaired or not should face manslaughter charges.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

It is my understanding that Dany Heatley was not under the influence when he killed his best friend Dan Snyder. It was simply a case of a young guy driving his ferrari too fast on a narrow road.
    Never give up a cabinet!!

National Level Bodybuilder

Look closer.... gang members are getting out of jail on real manslaugther charges only after serving a couple years or less but drug dealers will get more time.... Drivers with impaired charges are still aloud to drink alcohol whenever they like, but bodybuilders may be without their creatine soon lol!

The legal system and laws is not perfect in anyway shape or form.

Amateur

Two extreme ends of the spectrum which are both ridiculous. Somewhere along the line common sense was thrown out the window with regards to either legal system and the laws/sentences it enforces/handouts. People with power that have their heads up their asses.

Marijauna is illegal and alchohol is not. Check out any treatment centre and see how many are in there for marijauna versus alchohol. It makes no sense.

Tylenol is over the counter and kills more people than anabolics ever could. Maybe the police should start arresting old ladys for possession of tylenol for their arthritis. That makes more sense than arresting me for testosterone.

The war on drugs in the states is a war on their own citizens. Prison is big business down there. They have jails with 5000 thousand plus most of whom are in there for drug related offenses. Terrorist attack the world trade centre and Bush starts a war over it killing more young american soldiers than the initial attack ever did and also creating more terrorist than ever in the process for our generation to deal with. Mean while heroin and cocaine are coming in from afghanistan and colombia killing countless more north americans than the world trade centre by far. Terrorists would have to crash a lane a week to copete. Yet the american government does not declare actual war on these coutries where this stuff is coming from and doing way more damage. I'd love to be president. I'd invade columbia and declare war on every cartel. The navy seals would love me.

All that money and lives spent on a war in Iraq predicated on a lie because saddam was defiant and george didn't like it. He claims to be a good Christian. Gimme a break.

Republican alchoholics calling marijauna users druggies. lol The shit that goes on by people of intellect is beyond me.

Cuba???? They are no threat yet anymore yet America still impose sanctions after all these years....why? They don't agree with their politics I understand but they are no longer any threat. Hurting thousands of innocent civilians and forcing them to live in poverty is not exactly a correct political response. I definately do not agree with those politics. Their BARBARIC.

People with their heads up their asses in positions of power. Thats all it is.

I got off topic....sorry

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by japh View Post
    Two extreme ends of the spectrum which are both ridiculous. Somewhere along the line common sense was thrown out the window with regards to either legal system and the laws/sentences it enforces/handouts. People with power that have their heads up their asses.

Marijauna is illegal and alchohol is not. Check out any treatment centre and see how many are in there for marijauna versus alchohol. It makes no sense.

Tylenol is over the counter and kills more people than anabolics ever could. Maybe the police should start arresting old ladys for possession of tylenol for their arthritis. That makes more sense than arresting me for testosterone.

The war on drugs in the states is a war on their own citizens. Prison is big business down there. They have jails with 5000 thousand plus most of whom are in there for drug related offenses. Terrorist attack the world trade centre and Bush starts a war over it killing more young american soldiers than the initial attack ever did and also creating more terrorist than ever in the process for our generation to deal with. Mean while heroin and cocaine are coming in from afghanistan and colombia killing countless more north americans than the world trade centre by far. Terrorists would have to crash a lane a week to copete. Yet the american government does not declare actual war on these coutries where this stuff is coming from and doing way more damage. I'd love to be president. I'd invade columbia and declare war on every cartel. The navy seals would love me.

All that money and lives spent on a war in Iraq predicated on a lie because saddam was defiant and george didn't like it. He claims to be a good Christian. Gimme a break.

Republican alchoholics calling marijauna users druggies. lol The shit that goes on by people of intellect is beyond me.

Cuba???? They are no threat yet anymore yet America still impose sanctions after all these years....why? They don't agree with their politics I understand but they are no longer any threat. Hurting thousands of innocent civilians and forcing them to live in poverty is not exactly a correct political response. I definately do not agree with those politics. Their BARBARIC.

People with their heads up their asses in positions of power. Thats all it is.

I got off topic....sorry
    But what does free trade actually mean?

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Don't we have a new law, that is one of the toughest in Canada, dealing with this issue?
    Exploit the earth or die..

Amateur

Free trade doesn't mean anything. Its not a level playing field. China is invading North America one dollar store at a time. There are 1.2 billion people with zero expectations working for a communist regime. Imagine if China had unions? Wouldn't happen. Richest and poorest at the same time. Thats a recpie for success as far as the country itself goes but not the people in it. How does that even make sense?!lol

They can ship heavy as industrial steel over here for cheaper. Thats ridicolous. I cut and grind steel shipped from China.lol

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by japh View Post
    Free trade doesn't mean anything. Its not a level playing field. China is invading North America one dollar store at a time. There are 1.2 billion people with zero expectations working for a communist regime. Imagine if China had unions? Wouldn't happen. Richest and poorest at the same time. Thats a recpie for success as far as the country itself goes but not the people in it. How does that even make sense?!lol

They can ship heavy as industrial steel over here for cheaper. Thats ridicolous. I cut and grind steel shipped from China.lol
    Chavez believes free trade should include cocaine.IMHO alcohol should be less accessible outside of a bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast