CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Amateur

Default Addicted much? hope so =P

Hello, so this is my first post, and i have decided to help me reach my goals for summer i would start a log. Please feel free to comment on anything you feel i am doing wrong, i will post my reasoning for some of the things i do.

Medical brief -

i will make this a as brief as possible, i was born with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, basically i have severe arthritis in my entire body and it is kind of a drag >_< I was diagnosed at the age of 1 after spend a year bouncing from McMaster childrens hospital and Sick kids Toronto. I spent the next 7 years going for regular monthly checkups, blood work once a week, and so on. Things got intense when i was 8! I got the chicken px, but not like you'd think it was so severe it filled my lungs and covered my entire body 3 deep, because of the drugs the doctors had me on my amune system was non existent so i also got hepatitis B and pneumonia, and tons of others but those are the main. I spent 8 weeks in a medically induced acoma with less then 10% chance of surviving. I slowly recovered and months later left the hospital. My body was deteriorating at a rate that was unfathomable, i was supposed to have both hips and knees replaced before i was 10, and i would be lucky to see 11. At 12 life got a little sweeter, the doctors basically wrote me off, my personal doctor fired me as a patient because my parents refused to take all the experimental drugs which for the record are now the drugs you see in commercials saying if you took it you are entitled to money. So at 13 my parents met a lady that does eye radology, she reads your eyes and establishes the state of your body and recommend natural herbs and vitamins and cleanses to SLOWLY but naturally restore your body. So tens of thousands of dollars and 6 years later i was kicken butt! Basically i became a pretty average young adult.

Workout -

I am 5' 6" 145 lbs, i do this workout 3-5 days a week.

ALWAYS start with cardio, has fluctuated huge throughout the past year from 30 minutes per gym day to 5 minutes and has recently jumped up to 40 - 130 minutes of spin bike. I only do low impact cardio due to my arthritis and extreme pain issues.

Incline bench - 45 x 5reps, 95 x 8reps, 145 x5reps 165 x5reps 185x3 and work back down

flat bench dumb bells, i start with the dumbbells horizontal and touching my nipples and push straight up with a 1/4 turn. (i do not know the names of most of my workouts). 80 x 10reps, 70 x10reps, 60 x10reps, 50 x10reps

Decline bench sit ups, straight x 10, touch opposite knee x 10, straight with 10 lbs x 10, straight x 10

sometimes i do flat bench dumbbells sometimes i do flat bench and sometimes i do both.

Flat bench - 45 x 5reps, 95 x 10reps, 145 x 5reps, 165 x 5reps and work back down.

Exercise ball sit ups x30, touching opposite knee x20, push ups with feet on exercise ball x 20, x5

Arnolds with 1/4 turn in - 25 x 10, 35 x 10, x5, 45 x 5, x5 and work back down.

Exercise ball sit ups x30, touching opposite knee x20, push ups with feet on exercise ball x 20, x5

Squats - 45 x 20 but only 3/4 rise, 65 x 10, 95 x 10, 115 x 10 work back down ending with the 3/4 rise, i have been doing these for a couple of weeks.

Triceps on pulling machine with rope. 80 x 10, x10, 95 x 10, x10, 110 x10, x10, 125 x5, x5 and work back down

once i get all of that done i am usually pretty tired, i do some chin ups, some curls maybe with a 80 lbs bar, some leg raises with a 10 lbs weight, and just some small stuff to completely exhaust me. My workouts tend to be around 3 hours with all my cool downs between sets, I find if i am there i need to do everything, i cannot just work a couple groups of muscles.

Workout history -

In the winter of 2006/2007 i logged a little over 3000 kms biking to and from work, spent the summer of 2007 working for a landscape company. Jan 10 2010 i joined the ymca, i started with a 20-30 minutes cardio, and using various machines, i was just not getting great results although my weights were greatly increasing. I slowly transitioned into free weights and i now only use free weights. I would say my actual passion for lifting weights and setting goals and watching myself develop into a machine was around august when i actually took a look at my results. I also started taking protein powder around this time.

I currently consume a protein shake before and after the gym with about 50 grams of protein, i use promasil soft serve vanilla. One thing that i am not proud of but i find it night to day difference is i have been using quite a bit of 1MR, i find after 9 hours of work i am SO tired i just cannot go to the gym, but once i get my shake into me and a 1MR i feels like a million bucks! So i take it simply for the consistency it allows me in my workouts. I do not every take 1MR 2 days in a row.

Goals -

I do no want to compete or be massive, i just want to be fit as can be, i do want to bulk up and look muscular and healthy.

Wieght lifting goals -

250 lbs both flat and incline bench, 190 ish squat, 100 lbs dumb bells flat bench, 65 lbs arnolds, 100 mile bike ride (i have done a 100 km bike ride no biggy)

Reasons for exercising -

One thing i have found very interesting is seeing different people at the gym and some of them are insanely fit and have the most subtle but significant disability or whatever. So i am attending the gym so i don't turn out like my family, i do not want to become a un motivated person who procrastinates about my health and thinks the gym is a waste of time. And the most important reason is i really enjoy how i feel during and after EVERY workout whether its a crazy day or just a simple 45 minutes day stretching and loosening up. I am 21 years old and i hope to be doing this for at least another 50 years.

i also like my sports, snowboarding, street boarding, mountain biking, road biking. Thats a link to my Facebook page with picks and HD video of me doing what i love except lifting weights.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert...50090452380377

So any and all comments, critiques and suggestions are welcome.

(note i do not just start a new workout i ask phil who is a personal trainer at the ymca waterdown who shows and helps me start new workouts)

the photos attached where taken today, i have not been to the gym in over 36 hours so my muscles are pretty relaxed and at cold size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0029.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	24828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	24829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0031.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	24830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0032.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	24831  
    Last edited by TopHatPlus; 02-01-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

that is one thorough and bold ass first post bro. good luck with your plans! youll do fine if your workouts are half as detailed as your posting ability.
    Never give up a cabinet!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by #8 View Post
    that is one thorough and bold ass first post bro. good luck with your plans! youll do fine if your workouts are half as detailed as your posting ability.
    Thanks, i have been trying to build evenly, so i don't end up with back issues >_<

i forgot to add low rows,

70 x 10, 90 x 10, 110 x10, 130 x 10, 150 x 5, 170 x 5 and work back down.

Any tips for lifting more?

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

your lifting tips should be best aimed at Praetorian. He has a whole thread dedicated to his knowledge. I can help you but he is better.

Welcome to the site
    Ontario "Your's To Discover"

Amateur

Thank you MR Ontario, and we have a pretty spectacular province.

#8, i just wanna know tips and small tidbits of info, i seen his threads and it was extremely impressive, and i am sure at some point i will end up asking him stuff, but do i look like i am missing nay major muscles? or anything of that sort?

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

you are WAY overdoing your chest training, and overall amount of training per session also, unless you are eating in excess of 5000kcal a day IMO. Youre obviously motivated and able to spend time in the gym. Do it right.

Check out the beginner training thread. Good routines are posted there

Amateur

I had a pretty great workout today! had a spotter which NEVER happens so i did a solid set 3 of reps at 185. 36 km bike ride in 41 minutes, and almost ca-lapsed doing squats because i was so tired from the cardio.

I am by no means consuming 5000 calories, i would be lucky to hit 500? I have tried doing certain muscle groups more intensely and varying it from day to day, i just don't feel the same, i like to be completely physically exhausted when i leave the gym from head to toe. And doing working 2-3 muscle groups i just feel like i slacked off even though i can barely lift 10 lbs with those groups. I find my chest just is not nearly big enough! i am happy with how it is coming but i feel that my lower peck is to small, and my upper well i am satisfied but i want more. I also like them benches for the arm workout i do work them separately later but its a great warm up. Low food consumption is due to $$$ and time, i really make pitons for money and am moving out of home soon and it will be even tighter so i take a lot of protein in my shakes. I am hoping when i move out to increase my carb intake quite a bit but i don't usually get done at the gym till 10 pm and i just wanna go to bed at that point.

Amateur

Hey there...you've completed quite a journey in life so far and have overcome some big time obstacles.

Treat your training the same way..it's a journey, not a sprint...you will encounter obstacles lifting as well but it looks like from your history you'll adjust and overcome.

Slow and steady....and good luck!! You'll find lots of help here..

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatPlus View Post

I am by no means consuming 5000 calories, i would be lucky to hit 500?
    I really hope this is a grotesque exaggeration based on lack of nutritional knowledge or just horrific guessing ability.

Please for the love of god tell me you eat more than 500 calories a day. You would be sickly emaciated and unable to perform daily tasks and most likely die within a few months if that was your daily intake.

Lets try that again shall we?

Look at the calorie counts on some of the packs of food you eat and do a REALISTIC estimation of what you are taking in.

Also, please start using whey protein 2x daily if you havnt already.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast