CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Wannabe

Wow Tophat,
    Those are some huge obstacles you had to overcome.

Glad things are working out for you and your on your way to your physical goals.

Like #8 said, post up exactly what your eating in a day and quantities.. 500 cals is extremely low.

Amateur

Obviously naive about cals etc...he's obviously doing more than 500 cals day. Just a mistake ...once he posts food intake it'll be way clearer..

Amateur

umm well a typical day

breakfast - non existent

lunch - 3 buns with some pizza sauce and cheese (each bun smaller then my fist, with only a little bit of cheese)

dinner 2x protein shake on training days or on non training days a plate of pasta or something similar.

my family as a whole eats Extremely unhealthy, like manderin take out once a week, wendys once a week and tons of garbage so i either take a protein shake and go to the gym or i skip dinner, and i make very little money so i try to keep consumption practical.

i would be game for having a well balanced diet but i don't have the money or the time >_<
    Last edited by TopHatPlus; 05-01-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

your gonna have to figure out a way to consume more food, Tunas cheap. and breakfast is a MUST!..

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatPlus View Post
    umm well a typical day

breakfast - non existent

lunch - 3 buns with some pizza sauce and cheese (each bun smaller then my fist, with only a little bit of cheese)

dinner 2x protein shake on training days or on non training days a plate of pasta or something similar.

my family as a whole eats Extremely unhealthy, like manderin take out once a week, wendys once a week and tons of garbage so i either take a protein shake and go to the gym or i skip dinner, and i make very little money so i try to keep consumption practical.

i would be game for having a well balanced diet but i don't have the money or the time >_<
    Sweetie, time for some tough love. That BS above ain't gonna cut it. Nutrition is a HUGE component of building a physique. You've got to eat more, and more importantly you have to eat more REAL, healthy food (not supplements and shakes).

Do what anyone who is serious about this does: get a crockpot, buy in bulk (it's much cheaper), and COOK in bulk. Make a week's worth of lean protein at once (if you can't afford chicken breasts, eat lean ground beef. It works for my hulk of a boyfriend off-season just fine). Cook up quinoa, rice, whole wheat pasta, whatever in large quantities and dump your meat on top of it. Spaghetti sauce is tasty and not too bad for you, but learn to eat vegetables and fruit as well. Invest in meal-size containers and learn to love your food no matter the temperature it is.

Skip the following or restrict consumption to Sundays only: white flour anything (bread, buns, etc.), sugar, sweetened pop, booze, processed boxed foods, chips and other convenience junk.

Protein powder isn't a "healthy" choice, just a convenient way to get more protein or bulk up the protein of the occasional meal when you're rushed.

Learn to get your nutrients and calories from real food. Eating this way will make some miraculous changes in your health, strength, sleep patterns, wellbeing, all of it.

It's challenging, I know, but you obviously know how to rise to a challenge.

End of motherly rant...

Amateur

^What she said! Gotta eat to grow, lean cuts of meat also work, cheap cuts like inside round(i eat this every day) since 100g = approx 25g protein.
    Oats are cheap and good for calories.. There's a list in one of the forums, probably nutrition that has a bodybuilder grocery list, so to speak. I'd advise you to take a look at it. Good luck!

Amateur

I have been spending a lot of time reading through the forums and i know i have terrible eating habits, i am making plans for the future, i still live at home and i don't live in a "comfortable setting" where i can keep food in the fridge or cupboards without it getting devoured while i'm not home. My dad got super pissed cause i used milk in my protein shakes, and maybe consumed 4 liters a month so he demanded i buy my own, so i did but he got pissed again because i also bought 4 liter bags and he though i was lying about buying it and was just using his still. (which i was not i legitimently purchased my own) i am moving out in 2 months and am planning on making my staples, stir fries, and pasta, i figured with those i can added and mix it up to the point they wont get old fast and are pretty easy to cook.

Amateur

Had a really good day at the gym, got some pretty awesome tips for my squats, i was experiencing shoulder joint irritation, kind of like a small pain and just irritation, so at the suggestion of a trainer at the gym i tried a REALLY wide grip and it seemed to helped immediately so i will be doing that from now on and see how it goes. I hit 50 lbs doing Arnold's and it felt GOOD.

I would like to thank everyone for there comments and suggestions, the positive vibe on the forum really helped me push this week, and its really the first positive critisism and comments i have EVER recieved. I apologize if i seem slightly dismissive to some comments my head has been all over the place lately, moving out has me in panic mode at the moment but i am considering all of your suggestion and will be working towards a healthier life out of the gym. But on the up side I am moving within walking distance of the gym and downtown Waterdown so i can spend even more time there!

I was unsatisfied with the photos i posted for the first post, and i have found it very difficult getting a shot with my DLSR on auto, on a tripod, with a ten second timer. It just erks me >_< So i wanted to post up a with and without flash, i feel like the flash + the lack of tan i have on my body really washes out any definition so i took some comparison photos, and may recruit someone to take the photos.

I have kind of a big day coming, january 10th is the 1 year anniversary of joining the gym and that has me pretty excited!

let me know what you prefer, with or without flash? maybe in focus next time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0038.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	24836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0039.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	24837  

Wannabe

With the flash, I think.

Great choice on moving, BTW. Sounds like a pretty negative environment at home. Betcha everything will improve, even the relationship with your family, once you're on your own.

hang in there!

Amateur

Had a pretty decent work out today, wanted to push my flat bench up a bit but i really needed a spotter and didn't have one. I hit 55 lbs doing Arnold's, and i trimmed 3 lbs this week.

One another note, i had a pretty sick day snowboarding on saturday. Theres a link to the photos -

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...50090452380377

I am going to be going to the gym with my cousin Ashlee, she has been body building for 4 years i think, and she is going to give me a bit of a critique and show me some stuff to help build some of my more lacking areas. Monday Jan 10th is my 1 year mark at the gym, i have posted a shirtless photo of myself on Facebook as you will see if you look at the snowboarding pics, it was kind of nerve racking but so far all good comments.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast