CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Default 2011 BC Provincials poster = LAME

The poster for this years BC Provincial Championships has pictures of some of last year's OVER ALL winners as well as the 2nd place winner of the light-heavies. You would think the mens OVERALL winner (Ram Gill) would have the honor of being on that poster, I mean it would only make sense wouldnt it? But instead they have Ricky Chan who lost to Ram Gill who took the class and the whole show quite easily and went on to his first Nationals and took 6th place. Ram is hovering close to 240 now and headed towards the Heavies at the Nationals. But anyways, I thought that was a blow in the face for someone who deserved it and was screwed out of a magazine photoshoot as well because the promoter apparently didnt have his phone number and didnt receive photos David Ford sent to him as well, lol.

Anyways best of luck to all competing in that show and make sure if you win that you get what you deserve and worked so hard for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011bcabba.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	24998
    Last edited by JonnyO; 23-02-2011 at 04:35 AM.
    Truenutrition.com ---> where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    5% discount code for Canadians---> CANADABB

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

I really like the look of the poster. Great design. I also like how they use actual competitors (something I mentioned to Ontario promoters years ago but was never done). However, if what you mentioned is true then that's not good. It may be a case of not having a good pic....
    OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Russell Warren

Its called hard training. I mean f*cking hard training. Something people don't do a lot of these days.
    Chris Aceto

Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation.
    Unknown

Every time you stay out late...every time you sleep in ....every time you miss a workout...every time you don't give 100%...you make it that much easier for me to beat you.
    Unknown

Amateur

I'm with you there JO.. BS again in BC.

If you don't run with the "in crowd", you're on the outside looking thru the glass. These are barriers that you learn as you become more involved. I'm surprised the 3rd place guy is not on the poster as he used to promote the show..

SS, I agree the poster does look good other than what I addressed.
    Truenutrition.com ---> where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    5% discount code for Canadians---> CANADABB

Twirp

Angry Mr B.C is not on this poster!

I agree with Johnny O. It is mind boggling how all these individuals worked so hard to compete for the same title however the overall men's bodybuilding champion (RAM GILL) is not on this poster and the runner up is. This poster should definitely be redone and the deserving individual (Ram Gill) should be present. I just don't understand how this even makes sense!! Once again the Canadian bodybuilding industry has failed us miserably! What a fabricated poster!

Wannabe

I agree, Ram Gill should have graced the poster. He did an amazing job at last year's BC's looked great and won the deserving title, so it makes sense for him to appear on the poster. It's a little frustrating and unfortunate when the industry works this way, it doesn't make sense.

My comment is not to take away at all from the great overall design of the poster, the theme and any of the athletes feautured on it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry88 View Post
    I agree with Johnny O. It is mind boggling how all these individuals worked so hard to compete for the same title however the overall men's bodybuilding champion (RAM GILL) is not on this poster and the runner up is. This poster should definitely be redone and the deserving individual (Ram Gill) should be present. I just don't understand how this even makes sense!! Once again the Canadian bodybuilding industry has failed us miserably! What a fabricated poster!
    Tip of the iceberg...get used to it!!

Twirp

For the organizers to promote the 2011 BC's with the guy who came in 2nd place is INSANE!!!

I went to last years show, and Ram Gill was by far and away the best competitor, and deserved the overall win. I congratulated him after the show and he come off as a genuinely nice guy.

From what I understand Richard Chan is very chummy with the organizers, and Ram Gill is still a newbie to the bodybuilding game, and doesn't have the political pull to get the recognition he deserves.

By promoting the 2nd place winner, the organizers are showing that the BC's are just a 2nd rate show.

I don't think they should put any competitors on advertisement posters. I competed against a guy who was on the posters before and I felt like the judges were biased to place him better. Get a decent guest poser and put them on the cover. Unless a past overall winner has an impressive physique and has moved on to bigger and better things. In that case it makes sense but that isn't the case here.

I also don't like this poster in general. The backdrop reminds me of a rustic old cabin and the layout looks cheap and cluttered.
    Last edited by O-Train; 27-02-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

thats a really good point o-train...and even if there is no bias, they should do it as a form of protection from possible complaints from athletes. You will always get a 2nd place finisher say 'oh, well that girl/guy was on the poster, how could I compete with that'...even if its not true, it seems better to try and keep the peace when you're trying to run a show people want to come back to.

it sometimes comes down to marketability - popularity. I don't know the overall winner, but I have heard of the guy who is on the poster...

it's fun as an athlete to be on a poster, but you're right - if you are going to be competing in the show, you probably shouldn't be on the poster...just seems wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast