CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

2nd Heavyweight

Administrator

Official results up.

Twirp

Muscle Bound

Can someone in the know clear this up for me. How exactly is this show drug tested? After speaking to a competitor in the show this week he said that they send out information to the competitors that have been selected to do a drug test? They tell them like weeks before hand? I asked him who they tested at the show and he had no idea, went as far as to say he didnt think anyone actually AT the show was tested.
    I was under the impression that the class winners are urine tested after the show is over?
    Any info would be appreciated to clear this up

Twirp

I know that when I competed and won the women's overall Bodybuilding in 2008 I was chaperoned to the drug testing area upstairs. I had to list all supplements, vitamins, etc that I had taken in the last little while (can't exactly remember how far back they wanted me to do back). There were at leas 2 long pages to fill out. I then had to pick the two cylinders I was to pee in, record the numbers on them and verify that the vials were sterile and not used. I was then brought to the washroom were a woman watched me from 2 feet away pee in the vial. Then back to the table where they watched me seal it and initial it and so on and so forth. Quite the process. Back then it was the same or VERY similar system to that used for Olympic standards. I then had to wait several weeks for the results.
    That's how it was back then. I am happy to say that I am glad they tested that way. I had NOTHING to hide. Though many people thought that I wasn't, am still not, natural... Well F@ck you all!!
    It's too bad that there was no bodybuilding this year. The year I competed, 2008 was the best showing I have seen. (www.twixpix.com) and you can see the photos .

So, UBC POWER , i don't know what they are up to now. They never told me anything prior to the show. It was up to me to find out what was allowed and not. Even many OTC fatburners could have gotten me disqualified. Hence, I keep it CLEAN AND MEAN!

Muscle Bound

thanks for that. Is there a list somewhere on the BCABBA website of exact banned substances....for example I know in some natural streams Ephedrine is not allowed and some do allow it.

Amateur

By the looks of some of the competitors, I think they must just ask them...lol. There was some controversy around this show in the last couple years (09-10) about the testing etc...and like stated above, OTC ephedrine could and I think did result in a DTF in the past...there was never any clarity with respect to exactly what they were testing for. I asked in 09 and got the response elevated test levels..and later determined lots of fat burners etc were also subject to a fail...confusing to say the least.

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

they tested the winners of each class. and a few randoms.
    they did not test anyone weeks before the show as your friends says UBC. I know all the competitors at my gym never received the letter said above nor have i ever seen or heard of such a letter before. even when i was in good standing with the BCABBA. (ya call me a shit disturber, long story that who knows i may get into again someday)

as for what they test for everything under the CCES. here's a link to the prohibited list http://www.cces.ca/en/prohibitedlist

Stuff like ephedrine. if you choose to use it, u need to educate yourself on when to stop taking it so u don't fail.

Muscle Bound

so after reading that list basically all stimulants....i guess you couldnt even risk any OTC fat burners who knows what they actually have traces of

Twirp

I know when I competed in '08 I read all the ingredients, and if I wasn't sure, I didn't take it. And I just used plain dandelion root. Nothing fancy. Kept it simple and I won the whole deal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast