CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DAN1977 - Log

Wannabe

By the time kids are in bed, prep my food and clean the house a little I usually go to bed between 10:30 - 11:00. I wake up at 3:30AM to be at the gym for 4:30AM on workout days (Tuesday-Friday). And some nights kids will take turn waking up.

If I'm lucky enough, I can an extra 1-2 hours sleep in the afternoon when the baby is sleeping. Just saying the lack of sleep is probably counter productive.

Bodybuilding Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by dan1977 View Post
    By the time kids are in bed, prep my food and clean the house a little I usually go to bed between 10:30 - 11:00. I wake up at 3:30AM to be at the gym for 4:30AM on workout days (Tuesday-Friday). And some nights kids will take turn waking up.

If I'm lucky enough, I can an extra 1-2 hours sleep in the afternoon when the baby is sleeping. Just saying the lack of sleep is probably counter productive.
    Lack of sleep is definitely counter productive but you got to do what you got to do. Definitely not like when we didn't have kids but your doing great buddy. Keep it up.
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
    http://www.hyperforce.net/ <---Team Hyperforce
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

Wannabe

Sunday, Oct. 30, 2011: 175.2

Plan for this week is 5 lower carbs day. I'm allowed a cheat meal tonight, this will definitely be the highlight of my week!!! Thank you DK!

Strenght is still up, increased about 15-25% on all lifts since the beginning the program. Up to 50 minutes cardio daily for this week. One of my goal was to fill healthier ad have more energy for my kids so I can check that goal out because that was is already achieved.

Totally out of topic but my kid was able to drive is bicycle yesterday without the training wheels, he's 4.5 yo. Life has really blessed me...

Wannabe

Friday, Nove 18, now down to 170.6 this morning. Carbs have been reduced to about ~115gr/day with cardio @ 1 hour day.

Having big trouble controlling my mood swings and starting to affect the family relationship. I am getting ridiculously impatient and hacing a hard time reasoning even though I know I'm being an ass....
    Any advice???? I had set a goal of 16 weeks initially to lose some bodyfat. I'm satisfied with what I've achieved and results are better than what I expected so I really don't want to quit but the wife isn't really happy right now. I only have 6 more weeks to go.

Also on a side note after discussing with my training partner Andre_Gregoire, I ran two accutane cycles (4 months each) in 2002 and am wondering is this might of caused to lower my natural testosterone permenantly. I have an appointment on December 8th with my new doctor and will ask her to run a blood test and see where things stand. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I really have most of the symptoms from low test or again maybe I'm just being hypchondriac as usual...

National Level Bodybuilder

Friday, Nove 18, now down to 170.6 this morning. Carbs have been reduced to about ~115gr/day with cardio @ 1 hour day.

Having big trouble controlling my mood swings and starting to affect the family relationship. I am getting ridiculously impatient and hacing a hard time reasoning even though I know I'm being an ass....
    Any advice???? I had set a goal of 16 weeks initially to lose some bodyfat. I'm satisfied with what I've achieved and results are better than what I expected so I really don't want to quit but the wife isn't really happy right now. I only have 6 more weeks to go.

Also on a side note after discussing with my training partner Andre_Gregoire, I ran two accutane cycles (4 months each) in 2002 and am wondering is this might of caused to lower my natural testosterone permenantly. I have an appointment on December 8th with my new doctor and will ask her to run a blood test and see where things stand. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I really have most of the symptoms from low test or again maybe I'm just being hypchondriac as usual...
    This week may end up better as we hit full on Keto. Stick with it man. Get her some flowers lol. . Oh take her to dinner this weekend...get a sitter for the kids and get yourself a big juicy steak (no potatoes), with a salad and side broccoli.
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

Wannabe

Wed, Dec 28, 2011.

I'm now weighing 158.4 on empty stomach. I haven't been this light in a really long time and it feels awsome. Although diet and cardio (90 minutes daily) is really demanding right now, I feel like I have more energy than ever. Also my first time on low carb dieting without headache and feeling lethargic. DK's gradual transition seems to have worked wonders for me.

I visited work last week and colleagues were in a state of shock when they saw me. Looks like I've changed much..lol Same thing with the family on Christmas day.

Now only 7 days left and I'm done. I will try to maintain after that. Probably do some reverse dieting to increase calories gradually. I will also try to maintain cardio at ~20 minutes daily.

National Level Bodybuilder

Wed, Dec 28, 2011.

I'm now weighing 158.4 on empty stomach. I haven't been this light in a really long time and it feels awsome. Although diet and cardio (90 minutes daily) is really demanding right now, I feel like I have more energy than ever. Also my first time on low carb dieting without headache and feeling lethargic. DK's gradual transition seems to have worked wonders for me.

I visited work last week and colleagues were in a state of shock when they saw me. Looks like I've changed much..lol Same thing with the family on Christmas day.

Now only 7 days left and I'm done. I will try to maintain after that. Probably do some reverse dieting to increase calories gradually. I will also try to maintain cardio at ~20 minutes daily.
    Down a bit over 30lbs in just over 3months time...Another CanadianMuscleTeam.com success story. You did awesome Dan! Eating low carb should be a lifestyle now. The days of gorging on vast amounts of carbs are a thing of the past- except on your refeed meals (even in offseason mode). I'm proud of what you've accomplished and hope you are too. Congrats.
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

National Level Powerlifter

Good job guys !

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Delt King View Post
    Down a bit over 30lbs in just over 3months time...Another CanadianMuscleTeam.com success story. You did awesome Dan! Eating low carb should be a lifestyle now. The days of gorging on vast amounts of carbs are a thing of the past- except on your refeed meals (even in offseason mode). I'm proud of what you've accomplished and hope you are too. Congrats.
    You're right about that. No more binging on carbs. Even on the cheat meals, I don't feel satisfied anymore. I'm always anxious to get back to strict eating. Seems like my bad habits are things of the past. I'll stick to veggies and All Brans, love that stuff.

Wannabe

Nice work man! Any before/after pics?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast