CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Amateur

WTF ya have a cell phone in the gym for .....lol but yup have seen it , suppose its to chat with the Nash trainers actually drinking Starbucks while training someone ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    How about the "texter" or guy answering / talking on cell phone despite clear signs / rules prohibiting cell phones and staff refuse to deal with it...the texter just ****in drives me and their "have to check every 30 seconds for texts" behaviour. What is so important...are these guys running NASA or something...
    Energy & Persistance alter all things - Ben Franklin

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Dont forget the squat rack curlers. A guy actually kicked me out of the squat rack he wasnt using yet so he could get his curls on. I proceeded to give it up and squat 420 next to him while he curled 90lbs with horrific form. He didnt have the balls to say anything after that. I did though.....lol
    Never give up a cabinet!!

Bodybuilder

people who practice karate kicks, tae kwon do, shadow boxing or kung fu or their basketball shot/tennis swing in the middle of the equipment. i cant believe how common this is

Muscle Bound

4-6 guys working out together taking up 15 mins a set mostly chatter, desk staff who just sit there the whole ****ing day when weights in the gym could use some tightening and machines need greasing, enjoy that magazine ****face
    ---Jack at Ya!

Wannabe

I'm with you guys with the cellphones.

It makes me crack up inside and want to throw a bipolar episode. i would love to crack that f*cking Iphone on their noses. Can you talk now motherfu*ker?
    What do people have to say????

Twirp

Default Crop Dusters

Don't come over to where I am training and drop your ass next to me. Keep that shit to yourself.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

My IPhone is with me 24/7.If I reply to a text or email between sets it's nobody's business.Sometimes the wife calls as well.
    Last edited by cog; 14-10-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

I have no problem with people on cell phones. Just like cog said, there are reasons. What is unacceptable is talking on your phone during a set. I've seen it - 1 arm dumbell curls with the cell phone in the other hand. Another unacceptable use of cell phones, is being really loud, enough that you know what they are talking about - and going on for more than a few minutes.

Sure, if you're loud on the phone in the effect of 'oh my god, my son just cut his hand off I will be home in a minute' , sure....But no one wants to hear about the girl you nailed last night, or where you are going to smoke pot tomorrow night...That stuff doesn't need to be broadcasted in the gym while I am grunting out my last rep on a 500 pound squat. Thankfully, my in ear noise cancelling headphones block everything out. I hear nothing but my own music. Of course a few times people talk to me while I appear the stuck up bodybuilder - but essentially, thats what I am while I am training!

Amateur

Mainly when people use the power or squat rack for stupid shit like barbell curls. Or ask for a spot benching a weight they can not handle and I end up having to assist every rep. If they want to delude themselves great but don't get me involved.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
    Mainly when people use the power or squat rack for stupid shit like barbell curls. Or ask for a spot benching a weight they can not handle and I end up having to assist every rep. If they want to delude themselves great but don't get me involved.
    I simply tell them no. If I have to exert effort for their workout in a way which may impair my workout then that person is SOL
    I lost 20 pounds...How? I drank bear piss and took up fencing. How the **** you think, son? I exercised.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast