CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Default new here and have a question about drugs and testing at contests?

I've been training naturally for years going to be 52 years young in November.

I am looking towards a contest in the spring... however I train in a gym where there are drugs, and the girls and guys that do them state that there is no testing at the natural contests. Is that true. I know it is expensive. What's the sense when the guy beside you is juicen it and your not.

Bodybuilding Competitor

There is testing, sometimes it's the top competitors sometimes it's randomized. Some organizations do polygraph only, some do urine and polygraph.

Some guys cheat the tests or try, most probably don't. At non-tested shows the caliber of physiques is always much higher, it really depends on you and what you are looking for.

I think smaller natural guys can compete in non-tested shows and do well but once you get into the middleweights or higher the difference starts to get really big in the look you can attain.
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
    http://www.hyperforce.net/ <---Team Hyperforce
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

Twirp

Thanks for the answer, however I do know one girl is a contest in the summer (yes she was using) they came up to her and ask her is she was, she said no, then their test was to poke her a bit with their fingers... no urine, poly... just finger pokes.

And it was a huge contest, with high caliber competitors.

Bodybuilding Competitor

Wow, which federation? Muscle Mania I bet... lol Some federations are a joke.

Finger poking sounds more like molesting then drug testing. One comment I have heard a lot is that female competitors get tested much less the men.
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
    http://www.hyperforce.net/ <---Team Hyperforce
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by atti2ud View Post
    Thanks for the answer, however I do know one girl is a contest in the summer (yes she was using) they came up to her and ask her is she was, she said no, then their test was to poke her a bit with their fingers... no urine, poly... just finger pokes.

The poke test? haha what the hell is that supposed to tell you. lol did they do that at the Olympics? You feel like someone who uses gear. Where exactly did they poke her...was it a judge? did she win after lmao. Seriously though, IDFA, UFE and OPA Natural use urine tests. (not every competitor mind you...but some for sure)
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

Super Moderator

OPA does in their natural stream. I was a chaperone at the last natural Provincials in Hamilton. It was the people who drug test the Olympic athletes who were conducting them. I talked with the guy and he said just the previous weekend they tested volleyball players in London.
    OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Russell Warren

Its called hard training. I mean f*cking hard training. Something people don't do a lot of these days.
    Chris Aceto

Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation.
    Unknown

Every time you stay out late...every time you sleep in ....every time you miss a workout...every time you don't give 100%...you make it that much easier for me to beat you.
    Unknown

It all depends on the organization...some say they do and dont..others just test the winners..its up to them. OPA(natural stream), IDFA and UFE do test...so stick to those if you are clean.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Twirp

If you have a good physique and are a new face and win or place in the OPA getting tested is almost a forgon conclusion.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by atti2ud View Post

a huge contest with finger poking? That is definitely a new one. I thought the 'written paragraph' test was bad enough...Now finger poking...what next? Armpit smelling?

I don't think there is an organization out there that can honestly say that no one slips by...But I do think every natural organization out there has at least caught a few...Some are better than others, but a natural show is usually filled with natural athletes. For the most part, there isn't enough at stake for someone to honestly think its worth trying to cheat.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

I though maybe checking possible injection sites?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast