CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Administrator

Default Promo Vid for the 2011 OPA Ottawa Championships

Wannabe

Good video. Nice to see Chris Hebert, Alex Audi, Iain Valliere and Stephanie Meunier in the video clip. Iain looked way better at the Ottawa Championships than he looked at the Canadian Championship. Stephanie looked awesome and is the favourite to win Figure again at the Nov. 5th 2011 Ottawa Championship.

Wannabe

Some big dudes in Ottawa... and some intense faces.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by freaky abs View Post
    Good video. Nice to see Chris Hebert, Alex Audi, Iain Valliere and Stephanie Meunier in the video clip. Iain looked way better at the Ottawa Championships than he looked at the Canadian Championship. Stephanie looked awesome and is the favourite to win Figure again at the Nov. 5th 2011 Ottawa Championship.
    Are you sure she's competing again? Usually overall winners tend to not compete again at the same level. Although not sure on what (if any) byes a regional overall winner gets at provincial level. I judges the show last year, and stephanie looked great, however I've seen her pictures in a couple shows since and she's never brought the ripped physique she had last year. She'd do much better leaner...(I know its confusing with figure saying they might be looking for softer, but her shape is not suited to be soft) she needs to come in the way she did last year.

I have a hard time believing Ian didn't improve since the ottawa show. Perhaps lighting on the stage + standing next to national level athletes makes you not stand out as much. I think Hassan Jama trained him, and I would have my doubts on him not bringing him in a little better in a year (especially at such a young age).

Ottawa definitely has some good guys. There should have been a 'most potential' award given at that show. Alex Audi would have easily got that. I knew it then, and then less than a year later placing 6th in the hardest lineup at nationals.

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    Are you sure she's competing again? Usually overall winners tend to not compete again at the same level. Although not sure on what (if any) byes a regional overall winner gets at provincial level. I judges the show last year, and stephanie looked great, however I've seen her pictures in a couple shows since and she's never brought the ripped physique she had last year. She'd do much better leaner...(I know its confusing with figure saying they might be looking for softer, but her shape is not suited to be soft) she needs to come in the way she did last year.

I have a hard time believing Ian didn't improve since the ottawa show. Perhaps lighting on the stage + standing next to national level athletes makes you not stand out as much. I think Hassan Jama trained him, and I would have my doubts on him not bringing him in a little better in a year (especially at such a young age).

Ottawa definitely has some good guys. There should have been a 'most potential' award given at that show. Alex Audi would have easily got that. I knew it then, and then less than a year later placing 6th in the hardest lineup at nationals.
    Stephanie said she will be there again in November. Everyone I spoke to that was at the Canadian Championship said that Iain did not look good. Good enough to win the Junoirs class, but that he looked much better at the Ottawa Championship. A lot of people said that his posing was very weak. Iain has a lot of potential, if he uses the right help in his contest preparation. You can check out Iain's pics on the Muscular Development website. I have to agree with what people that saw the show in person had to say. Chris Hebert was dry and ripped at the 2010 Ottawa championship and killed the competition. He deserved the overall.

Wannabe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iain 1.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	28195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iain 2.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	28196

Wannabe

Name:	iain 3.jpg 
Views:	1596 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	28197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iain 4.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	28198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iain 5.jpg 
Views:	1619 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	28199

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

his color looks a little off...his posing still needs work. I would say he looks about the same as what I remember in Ottawa aside from the color. He does look a little leaner though. Overall quite close to what I remember. That said, I am quite sure everyone said he looked great at provincials (better than ottawa) so maybe he lost a bit from then? That's a lot of dieting in 1 year.

Kid should take a couple years off (at least), get his posing to perfection, work on weak spots (chest/quads) and come back when he's ready.

Wannabe

This is Iain at the 2010 Ottawa Championship. Got this picture from Muscle Insider

Name:	Iain 2.jpg 
Views:	1530 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	28200