CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by loriann View Post
    Our bidding happens every January, anyone familiar with the OPA knows this. We cannot "wait" for companies who are not progressive to submit bids.
    Anyone familiar with how open bidding works knows there is an RFP process where companies are encouraged to submit their proposals for tender. So, I am curious as to where and who RFP's were submitted?
    I lost 20 pounds...How? I drank bear piss and took up fencing. How the **** you think, son? I exercised.

National Level Figure Competitor
    OPA Judge/Member Relations Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Summers View Post
    Cherry was the official tanner for OPA Naturals and Jan Tana was the exclusive tanner for the OPA Provincials. Maybe you should get your facts straight. As a representative of the OPA you should know this and not have to have a non-member remind you.
    You JUST PROVED my point!!! OMG.. Cherry was "official: for one show LAST YEAR....however with Mark's new rules she will NOT will be working with the CBBF affliates due to her WBFF affliation. And Jan Tana is ABSOLUTELY on board for the SUPERSHOW.. ---one show!! Those were not blanket contracts... so GET YOUR facts straight!!!!!

Twirp

Dan, You clearly are not informed of how things run in the IFBB world when it comes to an "Official" team. Just because you were the first doesn't mean you are the best. We were trained and worked with the guru herself! One of our team mates was THE first Canadian to have the honour of working along side her week after week, doing 40 hours of labour in a 2 day period! Servicing way more clients than you can ever imagine. We thought of following suit here in Canada to bring that professionalism here aswell. Please, let's not talk about "touching up" other companies tans, because trust me, we have as well. There is a reason LSR is not allowed on any premises of the IFBB organizations in the U.S. We would know! So please.....let stop slandering and move on.

Twirp

Also Dan.....I had one show exclusive last year (Sudbury)......fool to everyone else because it was my best show of the year!

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

now we've recruited partnerships to bring us further and give our members THE BEST service which we are confident in
    The best service you could bring your members is to give them more options - see above.
    OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Russell Warren

Its called hard training. I mean f*cking hard training. Something people don't do a lot of these days.
    Chris Aceto

Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation.
    Unknown

Every time you stay out late...every time you sleep in ....every time you miss a workout...every time you don't give 100%...you make it that much easier for me to beat you.
    Unknown

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

I could careless about WHO got what. What I care about is that a fair process was followed, so I would like to ask, again, where the RFP's for an official tanner were made public (as in how did people find out to submit their bid), when the bidding process was opened and when the bidding process was closed and who was part of the big selection committee to select a vendor?
    I lost 20 pounds...How? I drank bear piss and took up fencing. How the **** you think, son? I exercised.

Super Moderator

FYI.....we didn't have any exclusive anything last year
    Once again Jan was the exclusive.
    Russell Warren

Its called hard training. I mean f*cking hard training. Something people don't do a lot of these days.
    Chris Aceto

Unknown

Every time you stay out late...every time you sleep in ....every time you miss a workout...every time you don't give 100%...you make it that much easier for me to beat you.
    Unknown

Super Moderator

LSR is not banned at IFBB shows. Dream Tan is. Funny how you were begging Marilyn of LSR to use her product.
    Last edited by Sean Summers; 09-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Russell Warren

Chris Aceto

Unknown

Unknown

Some people get very confused with certain words, which is fine.......we are very willing to teach. Last year we had some "official" services throughout the OPA and at certain shows..... we did not have any "exclusive" service provides except for our supershow which Jan Tana had and still has the honours. However, for 2012, we have chosen, out of the companies who were willing to serve our membershp without conflict, the best company and TEAM of professional we feel will serve the OPA membership the best.

Quote Originally Posted by natenator View Post
    I could careless about WHO got what. What I care about is that a fair process was followed, so I would like to ask, again, where the RFP's for an official tanner were made public (as in how did people find out to submit their bid), when the bidding process was opened and when the bidding process was closed and who was part of the big selection committee to select a vendor?
    its opened from the end of the previous season to the beginning of January of the new year. If you were familiar with the OPA you would know this. The selection commitee consists of of the Executive council.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast