CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Question Few questions to the members concerning health issues

Hi everybody!
    I've got quite a few health issues I can't find answers in Google, maybe someone could help me with them.
    1. When I do exercises with free weight like dumbbell flies or dumbbell lateral raise at some point (somewhat close to when my hands are in parallel with the floor) I feel a little clicks in my shoulders. It's not bothering me concerning pain or something, because I don't have any pain with it, but I don't think that it is fine when your shoulder clicks every single time you raise your hands to the sides with the weight.
    What is it and how can I avoid it? Because I basically feel these clicks with all exercises for the middle delts.
    2. At some point somewhere along my trainings I probably strained my wrists a bit, so now when I'm trying to do some exercises with weight I feel a bit of pain in the wrists under pressure. They are not aching at all if I don't do anything to them and I don't have any swelling or anything, but they just keep aching in the gym or when I pull something heavy etc. I was on vacation for 2 weeks so I didn't have any workouts that time but it didn't help.
    3. Recently from time to time when I do squats or something similar heavy and then do some abs exercises I have from time to time this sudden pain in the groin, like something is pushing. I keep my hand there, don't move for several seconds and it goes away, I think it could be symptoms of groin hernia. Maybe worth mentioning that I showed this to the doctor several years ago and he basically said that I have laxity of inguinal rings.
    So my question is: is there any exercises I should probably avoid in order to not get groin hernia?

Thanks for the answers in advance.
    Last edited by sheriff_carter; 02-04-2012 at 02:50 AM.

National Level Bodybuilder

1. Happens to many people...as long as there isnt pain it should be fine...you can always go to a chiro who specializes in atheltes and have him check things out
    2.You may have strained your wrists or could have some slight carpal tunnel...try wrapping your wrists when using heavier weights...also after training ice them down 10min on 10min off for about an hour to reduce any possible inflammation
    3.I would definitely see your doc and get it checked out...a hernia needs to be repaired asap...complication can arise if you dont get it fixed
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    1. Happens to many people...as long as there isnt pain it should be fine...you can always go to a chiro who specializes in atheltes and have him check things out
    Thanks for the reply. I don't it's just doesn't sound right when you have some clicks in your shoulder EVERY TIME you lift up your hands. Maybe there are some certain exercises or ways to avoid this.. ?

2.You may have strained your wrists or could have some slight carpal tunnel...try wrapping your wrists when using heavier weights...also after training ice them down 10min on 10min off for about an hour to reduce any possible inflammation
    Wrapping with what? How those things called, what should I buy?

3.I would definitely see your doc and get it checked out...a hernia needs to be repaired asap...complication can arise if you dont get it fixed
    P
    The problem is that I already checked this once about 7-8 years ago and doctor basically said it's 50/50, you either do abs exercises and it would make your groin muscles stronger, but it can provoke groin hernia, or you don't do them and maybe you won't get it but maybe you will cause those muscles should be stronger in theory.
    Well, you know that all family doctors are practically useless in Canada, they know nothing.
    Maybe there are some sport doctors or something like that around?

National Level Bodybuilder

1. Try doing upright rows with a shoulder width grip and use lifting straps to help...see if there is still clicking
    2. Wrap with wrist wraps...they can be purchased online at many sites...ie http://www.houseofpain.com/www.house...ts/wrist-wraps
    3. 7-8 years is a VERY long time ago...it may have developed into a hernia now or even a year ago...get it checked!! There may be many sports medicine places you can go.,..search online...you may need to get referred from your family doc first

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Twirp

1. Try doing upright rows with a shoulder width grip and use lifting straps to help...see if there is still clicking
    Thanks, I will try. I'm doing it now with narrow grip and I like it, no clicking that much. But I thought that this exercises more like half on middle delts half on shrugs. If you do it with wide grip it works for the middle delts more?

2. Wrap with wrist wraps...they can be purchased online at many sites...ie http://www.houseofpain.com/www.house...ts/wrist-wraps
    Thanks!

3. 7-8 years is a VERY long time ago...it may have developed into a hernia now or even a year ago...get it checked!! There may be many sports medicine places you can go.,..search online...you may need to get referred from your family doc first
    P
    Oh, I see... I just have heard that that types of traumas (like hernia or even hemorrhoid) are very common among builders or lifters,so I thought there is no much you can do about it except not doing some certain exercises, like maybe squats. That's why I asked...

Twirp

Yes definitely number 3 is the most concerning. I would agree with Praetorian and get it checked out asap.

Twirp

Thanks guys! I will try to find a sport doctor through the family one... it's not that pleasant, that's for sure. Not sure though if they can do something, but maybe could give some advice.

Twirp

They can for sure.