CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Default Drive's First Contest Prep

Drive's First Contest Prep

First contest Prep ever!

Going for the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic this year.

I know going into the show that I need more size, however this first year my goal is to come in as lean as possible and spend the next year putting on some quality mass. I have always carried around a bit too much heft, so this competition is giving me the motivation i need to cut down and start from a good base.

10 Weeks out
    174lbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	33578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	33579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	33580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	33581

- Coached by Dawn Allison

Muscle Bound

You striped a lot of clothes ?? lol

It's a good idea, IMO for a first comp it's acceptable to show maybe not as big/ready as you would like, but to get through everything, it's a good experience, you will know on what to work for the next time (conditioning, posing, smiling...). Plus, the diet experience is something everyone should live. Being lean is great, if you control yourself after the show, you can be and stay in great shape year round.

Me I did waited till I was (size) ready, because I was too proud to show not at my best, but ironically 4.5 months before the comp (I was at 195lbs and was aiming to be into the 176lbs category), but got the chicken pox, I almost died, lost 30lbs, so 3.5 months before the comp, all weak, I was ready to pass, but my training partner pushed me to go anyway, to see it as a practice for the next one, so I began my cutting diet at 165lbs instead of 195lbs... so I did not compete at the size I wished and in the category I wanted, heck I was so ashamed I did not invited any friends or family (this was stupid) but still, it was a wonderful experience I'm so glad I did. And when I did my second comp, I knew on what I had to work to be better.

GL

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

IFBB PRO

My first show after only 5 months training and I was asked to give it a shot by the owner of my gym just to get my feet wet. He taught me the madatories and a few other basic poses and I competed and got my ass kicked......HOWEVER this made me hungry so for my next show I knew better what to expect and worked on posing and standing relaxed (this is very hard to do and stay flexed at the same time so practice!), and in a few short months I did my next show and won the jr catagory and for shits and giggles I also did the mens open (no idea how I placed). That was in 79 and I've been at it ever since, so ya diet yourself down and see how you do. No getting all bitchy though as you're the one who wants to do this and it is tough....very very tough so be warned.
    now accepting contest prep. applications for the 2013 contest season
    Patrick Skailes IFBB pro, CPT
    http://patrickskailes.com/index

Twirp

Thanks for the replies.

So far I am enjoying the whole process, the diet, the training, the everything. True, I’d like to stuff my face with some junk food, but that's not an option with my goal in mind. So far the biggest difficulty I have notices is lethargy towards the end of the work week. probably due to heavy workload, little sleep (with morning cardio, weight training, and evening cardio, and low carb). But not a huge deal in the great scheme of things.

I actually just started a 2 week vacation from work. Normally the wife and I would go on a cruise. That's not an option right now given the diet. So instead we are having what I view as a “bodybuilder’s vacation”. Going various places, staying in B&B's located close to grocery stores and gyms. Kind of a gym road trip lol. Luckily my wife is into this as well otherwise I don’t think this would fly!

Anyway I’ll keep the log updated on progress.

Muscle Bound

Good luck with your first show. But I really hope you don't think you're 6.5 percent bodyfat in these 10 week out pics like u posted in the wickham thread. Not that it matters now but I'd say you were more 12-14

Muscle Bound

Quote Originally Posted by ubcpower View Post
    Good luck with your first show. But I really hope you don't think you're 6.5 percent bodyfat in these 10 week out pics like u posted in the wickham thread. Not that it matters now but I'd say you were more 12-14
    Agreed 12-14% seems right on.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Twirp

could very well be. Im going off of the measurements that my trainer has given me when i weigh in with he and stand on some funky scale type thing. however 6.5 or 15, Im just using it as a measure, everytime i see her, the number keeps droppong so ill asssume things are going the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Agreed 12-14% seems right on.

Eric

Twirp

Well I have been doing a crap job at keeping this log up to date. Just has not been high on my priority list.

However for a quick update:
    I have been having the feeling for several weeks that I am falling behind where i need to be in my prep. My coach didn't seem to think so, but i did. to make a long story short I changed prep coaches, so large change to diet, and some change to cardio. Risky this close to competition, but i honestly did not feel confident that i was going to end up on stage in shape.

Oh well, no looking back. only forward. I am doing all that I can do to prep for this show. Completely focused. In addition, I decided to take a weekend of vacation prior to the show. I figure there is no point coming into work If I am drained and am going to make mistakes. That way I can focus on peak week... the downside is it will suck as a week of vacation, I don’t imagine the final week is fun.

I’m not sure if its due to the fact that the end is in sight, or the fact that I know I’m behind where I need to be and don’t have time to waste, but I am focused like you wouldn’t believe, and for a guy who is not competitive, all I can think about is killing it on stage.

Anyway apparently that is my rant for the month.

Wannabe

You are almost there man keep it up. Any recent pics?

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Drive View Post
    Well I have been doing a crap job at keeping this log up to date. Just has not been high on my priority list.

However for a quick update:
    I have been having the feeling for several weeks that I am falling behind where i need to be in my prep. My coach didn't seem to think so, but i did. to make a long story short I changed prep coaches, so large change to diet, and some change to cardio. Risky this close to competition, but i honestly did not feel confident that i was going to end up on stage in shape.

Oh well, no looking back. only forward. I am doing all that I can do to prep for this show. Completely focused. In addition, I decided to take a weekend of vacation prior to the show. I figure there is no point coming into work If I am drained and am going to make mistakes. That way I can focus on peak week... the downside is it will suck as a week of vacation, I don’t imagine the final week is fun.

I’m not sure if its due to the fact that the end is in sight, or the fact that I know I’m behind where I need to be and don’t have time to waste, but I am focused like you wouldn’t believe, and for a guy who is not competitive, all I can think about is killing it on stage.

Anyway apparently that is my rant for the month.
    I think that was a wise choice, when I read at 10 weeks out you were already on low carbs and double cardio sessions I was wondering if you were even going to make it though. I hope your new prep coach gets you onto the right path and your happy with the progress.
    Truenutrition.com ---> where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    5% discount code for Canadians---> CANADABB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast