CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mrapril05's Log

Muscle Bound

No need to buy books anymore. Anything and everything can be found on the internet for free.

Yea, anyone can look they way they want doesnt mean that they are forced to compete...
    CanadianProtein.com

Proud Member of CanadianMuscleTeam

Twirp

I know but Im a book worm.....

Twirp

OK today went good in my opinion, My diet was on key....then only down fall is I didn't get a work out in.... but I did 2 rounds a Wal-mart and 4 hours of gift wrapping, house decorating and house cleaning. Now its family time

Twirp

Sunday day 5, okay I gotta admit I've been curious if all this peeing has made me a little lighter so I got my scale out and stepped on it this morning...and I was very shocked to see number.........169.3!!!

So I had some mixed emotions going on ....is that 5lbs of fat or am i losing muscle too?? sometime I wish I could just leave well enough alone.....now I've caused myself stress!!

As for today my diet had been a little crazy....

slept in until 8pm then had to get ready for a christmas brunch...so

meal 1 @ 10:30am---eggs, ham,roast beef, raw veggies

meal 2 @ 2:00pm----6oz chicken, 1/4 cup mixed nuts( almonds,cashews,walnuts)

Meal 3 @ 5:30pm---green salad and 5oz red meat + 1tbps olive oil and vinegar.

Meal 4 @ 8:30pm--- whey isolate protein shake 30g + 1 tbsp natty peanut butter.

Amateur

its mostly water and fat since you are in a calorie deficit, muscle is very hard to lose. No need to worry about it. Good progress so far!

Twirp

Day 6....

Up at 445am

Did chest today...chest presses....push ups...

Diet same as every other day..lol

Been drinking a ton of water everyday.... like almost 120oz=15 cups of water.....and then there is the tea I drink too... I'm just soooooo thirsty ALL the time!!!!

Have a great day everyone

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

It's a good goal to have, although probably harder to achieve then actually doing a show. I would have to guess that at least 90% of figure fitness competitors look no where near what you might expect them to look in the offseason. Doing a show is actually motivation to get in the shape that is required. However, a goal of looking like a figure/fitness competitor who has 6-7 weeks left of dieting to be 'stage ready' might be a very reasonable goal. Actually for most people, it's probably healthier to be in that kind of shape year round, than to go through the fluctations that come with doing yearly competitions.

My advice is take this slow and steady. As I've said a few times on other threads, I don't really agree with a keto diet unless you are trying to achieve a look on a certain date. In fact, I don't really agree with any 'diet' unless you are trying to look a certain way on a certain date... My rationale for "dieting" is to get to a certain look for a short period of time (whether thats a trip down south, summer bikini season, bodybuilding competitions, etc). Any longer term should be thought of as a lifestyle.

Otherwise, yes, you will lose weight, fast, but once you get there you will then have to decide, can I sustain this diet forever? If the answer is no, then you will likely gain back some weight (depending on the diet at the time). I always like to simplify it this way: If you want to look like person X permanently, you have to eat like person X permanently. Making smart choices should be enough to get your body into a healthy weight. I am not sure how sustainable keto is in the long run. Many people do it, however, at some point in your diet things will actually get hard, real hard. At that point you have to hope you look the way you want to look, otherwise, it will be very difficult to sustain lower levels of bodyfat long term!

Twirp

Fair enough, I don't have any troubles with this diet as I have trouble eating starchy carbs and fruits make me sleepy so even before I started this keto "diet" I was kinda eating this way. I'm never hungry and I do struggle to finish the amount I list... My poor pouch is only so big... I've been trying to eat every 3-4 hours cause it takes me 30-45min to eat one meal If I eat to fast it comes back up soslow and stead wins the race....

I don't have any real set goals except to go as far as my body will take me. once I can't go further or I'm happy I'll probably add some veggies into the diet until my weight stabalizes.

This is what my diet looked like before I started on here.
    (never hungry in am--usually coffee and tea until lunch)
    meal 1= lunch 1/2 can of tuna/salmon and ff mayo, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, steamed veggies or a salad, or soup

meal 2 = 1 cup of what ever was made for dinner--with out the pasta/rice/potatoes or bread.

Twirp

Actually i like this diet.. I'm even worried I won't be able to cheat during my cheat meal...lol I can't do pasta, pancakes, or starchy carbs... can one have a cheat meal made of veggies???

National Level Bodybuilder

Most people once they let go of the fact that they need to eat carbs soon find out that keto is a much easier form of diet to follow when compared to low fat low carb or carb cycling. There is a reason for this...its called insulin resistance. The keto diet also is a tool that will allow you to get to a desired weight or BF level. It does not have to be used indefinitely even though it could be. Most people find once they reach their goal weight they can switch to a diet higher in specific carbs and maintain their BF level. For 90% of women starchy carbs are really unnecessary...they can stick to specific fruits, veggies, nuts etc.
    Also for a refeed meal women should not go over 150g of carbs....you can use white rice, sweet potato, white potato etc...pasta and pancakes are ok for men not for women.

You are also not losing muscle. To lose muscle you would need to convert muscle(amino acids) into glycogen via gluconeogenesis to provide fuel to the brain. However on a keto diet the brain uses ketone bodies for fuel so excess glycogen is no longer necessary hence a built in safety net for muscle maintenance. The 5lb loss is due to mostly water. On a keto diet as discussed previously glycogen stores will drop significantly because they are no longer necessary. Glycogen attracts water and the body will retain this water with glycogen. When glycogen is depleted water drops as well. Because the body doesnt retain the water from the missing glycogen it will also pass through the body much quicker...hence the frequent peeing. This is why sodium should be increased as well as water intake.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast