CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Smile Want to do the IDFA Transformation and Novice Figure Challenge But...

Hi y'all!

As in the title I really want to do the IDFA transformation challenge and also the novice figure at the same show in summer 2013.

I want to do this even though I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, I feel it may help with my anxiety. Now upon reading about all the terms and conditions of the IDFA being a natural show, i have a few concerns.

I read there may be a polygraph, and I am already a very nervous person, I sweat when I'm under pressure, my anxiety can effect my speech at times, and many other things. The thought of having a polygraph is just as frightening and getting onstage, even though I have nothing to hide. Now is the polygraph for everybody?

Also how do I ensure i am competing against all drug free contestants? Do they urine test everyone? Also, if they do poly everybody, i this something I have to book and pay for on my own or do they take care of the costs?

Thank you in advance!

National Level Bodybuilder

Polygraphs are not very reliable and its result are not admissible as evidence in Canada's criminal justice system. Which is why it is not used in sports such as the Olympics. They would have no grounds to discipline an athlete based on the poly....they would require a urine or blood sample to corroborate the poly result. If you are clan then you have nothing to worry about. The other issue is that just because its a tested show doesnt mean all athletes are clean...there will be athletes that are using trust me. Generally if they test the athlete ends up paying...or its hidden in the fees....not 100% sure how IDFA works.

You have to look at it as a personal challenge and compete against yourself....don't worry about anyone else.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

I've coached a few competitors for IDFA shows and none actually took the lie detector test. they did fill out a questionaire though. more than a few were pulled aside right after they went on stage and had to do a urine test. they weren't allowed to eat or drink till they pee'd. if they couldn't go then they had the testing officials following them around watching their every move till they did go...in front of them.
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

Super Moderator

I read there may be a polygraph, and I am already a very nervous person, I sweat when I'm under pressure, my anxiety can effect my speech at times, and many other things. The thought of having a polygraph is just as frightening and getting onstage, even though I have nothing to hide. Now is the polygraph for everybody?
    Baseline questions are set. If you are already nervous and you reply with a truthful answer then that will be the baseline. If you lie then the test will show above baseline. At least that's how it works in theory....

Do a Google search. You have nothing to worry about if you are truthful.

I think IDFA may have removed the lie detector portion and moved to urinalysis testing. Anxiety isn't going to affect that - unless you can't pee while being watched.
    OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Russell Warren

Its called hard training. I mean f*cking hard training. Something people don't do a lot of these days.
    Chris Aceto

Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation.
    Unknown

Every time you stay out late...every time you sleep in ....every time you miss a workout...every time you don't give 100%...you make it that much easier for me to beat you.
    Unknown

Super Moderator

I have a similar problem with public speaking, being interrogated, etc. And I too had to take one of these lie detector / voice analysis stress tests back in 2004 for a fame show. Sitting in a room with a microphone with another person analyzing if my voice displays patterns of stress. For me, I've had this happen almost everytime without fail doing say: a round table introduction, or getting in front of a classroom, or giving a presentation. What happens is I get an influx of adrenaline, my voice cracks (sometimes to the point where I can't get words out) and after that initial surge, or after the first couple of sentences, it returns completely to normal.

So, in my interrogation, this exact thing happened. Asking what I did for a living (or something)... my voice was all over the place - completely nervous. Then the next question (about drugs I think), completely free of nerves. As curious as I was about my results, he said: "I could tell you were nervous with the first set of questions, but then you were more relaxed when we got to the important questions".

I suppose if I stayed stressed I would have failed.

Then for the fun part of the story... I asked if anyone failed (I was the last person to take the test). He answered no one failed. But the test is only 80% reliable..... Did that mean 20% who passed were false negatives? lol. Anyway, moral of the story is - I don't think anyone fails from these tests. They act as a deterrent, and in general this actually does work. However, to answer your question about knowing whether your competitors will be drug free... Well, only the competitors themselves know the answer to that. Drug testing is expensive, and even if they do legit tests, it will be random or targetted (but not to everyone). I've never bothered caring what others do - compete against yourself, not for a trophy.