CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bodybuilder

Legs have come a long way DK , you have a great shape to them. Detailed and looks like deep cuts. I am the opposite of you. When I used to go to parallel or past it with heavier loads - 405 x10-12 I had shit glutes. Now , because of two meniscus tears, I use no more than 315 with the same reps and don't go quite to parallel. My glutes have gotten better and my quads haven't really suffered that much. I find if I use a lighter weight and sit back more on my heels I can't go deeper but I find a greater emphasis on my upper quads and glutes. Goes against logic but it seems to work. Once I have surgery I'll squat the same and simply up the weight without changing my current form. But enough about me ! , looking good and I hope to see that diet posted sson. Good luck dude.

Muscle Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    Legs have come a long way DK , you have a great shape to them. Detailed and looks like deep cuts. I am the opposite of you. When I used to go to parallel or past it with heavier loads - 405 x10-12 I had shit glutes. Now , because of two meniscus tears, I use no more than 315 with the same reps and don't go quite to parallel. My glutes have gotten better and my quads haven't really suffered that much. I find if I use a lighter weight and sit back more on my heels I can't go deeper but I find a greater emphasis on my upper quads and glutes. Goes against logic but it seems to work. Once I have surgery I'll squat the same and simply up the weight without changing my current form. But enough about me ! , looking good and I hope to see that diet posted sson. Good luck dude.
    Seems like me, I used to go parallel and had disproportionate legs (26.5'' legs with 16.5', arms), then when I've hurt my back I could not do squats for a very long time, now I've fought for the last year to get back at squatting, I've concentrate on going ass to the grass. I've hurt myself a few times in the process and even with a lot of effort I did not get the results I was seeking for, legs stayed small (they are at 23'' now), they just do not want to grow back.

One weird thing is that I use to have more glutes/quads then hams and since a year, the only thing that seems to have progressed a little were the hams.

So I just remembered that I've built good legs in the past going not much deeper then parallel, so I re-started to squat parallel and now I'm all sore quads/glutes, but barely sore in the hams. I would have expected the contrary.

Anyway, nice lower quads development DK, very large compare to the upper quads wideness.

Erc
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Delt King View Post
    Leg progression. First pic was 2010 Nationals, Second Pic was 2011 Nationals, third pic was start of 2012.
    I think what's making it tough for you, DK, is that (it looks like) you have very long quads, which obviously makes it that much harder to look big. They still look better than 99% of the guys at my gym, keep up the hard work.

Wannabe

Can't wait to see you as a heavyweight DK! Just a question, how come you've decided to add carbs back into every meal? I thought you were a low-carb'er/high dietary fat kinda guy?

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by FitnessModel45 View Post
    Can't wait to see you as a heavyweight DK! Just a question, how come you've decided to add carbs back into every meal? I thought you were a low-carb'er/high dietary fat kinda guy?
    Yes i was a very low carb guy for nearly 2 years. What this allowed my body to do is become more efficient at utilizing carbs and storing glycogen as it was originally designed to. Now i still cycle keto during my bulk for 2 week periods to help keep fat gain at bay and more importantly to prime my bodys insulin response.
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

National Level Powerlifter

Quote Originally Posted by Delt King View Post
    currently 295 for 8-10. upped it to 315 the last few workouts but reps dropped to around 5-6. So in order to keep increasing weight i do decrease reps then work on increasing reps with it. It's amazing how much harder an exercise is, if done in the fullest range...those last 4 inches in the pocket are amazing for growth
    Yeah , going from 295-315 is a big jump if you still want the same rep range. Maybe smaller increases (by 5lbs) a week and keep the 8-10 range. Maybe in 4 weeks you will hit 315 for 8-10.

I would avoid hitting your heavy sets ie 295-315 for reps every leg workout. I made the best gains in strength and size by alternating workouts. Week one go for your heavy sets ie 295-315 for 8-10 then week two use 225lbs and do 4-5 sets of 8-10...week three go for your heavy sets again and youll find 315 feels easier. Many people have trouble doing this because they think they will lose size and or strength on the "moderate" day...this couldnt be further from the truth. I went from squatting 315 for reps to 660 for reps in two years using this method...and my legs went from 23" to 30".
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Willing to give that a try. Thanks P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    I would avoid hitting your heavy sets ie 295-315 for reps every leg workout. I made the best gains in strength and size by alternating workouts. Week one go for your heavy sets ie 295-315 for 8-10 then week two use 225lbs and do 4-5 sets of 8-10...week three go for your heavy sets again and youll find 315 feels easier. Many people have trouble doing this because they think they will lose size and or strength on the "moderate" day...this couldnt be further from the truth. I went from squatting 315 for reps to 660 for reps in two years using this method...and my legs went from 23" to 30".
    P

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    P
    Interesting Prae....people are afraid to let go of the poundages they have attained.

DK,just curious if you monitor BP on a regular basis and if you expect to see any average increase with another 30-50 pounds?

i haven't checked bp lately but i know it has climbed up for sure. I'll need to pull out the monitor.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast