CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IFBB PRO

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    The key word here is 'ripped!'. No one should need to suffer to get to the point where everyone stops to ask how you are so lean, or if you are competing 'soon'. The only thing is that in order to look good on stage, you have to start looking weird in the gym (some people outside the sport would probably use the word 'disgusting')... haha. 7 weeks to go until show number 1!
    People are still complementing me at the gym so I am not ready! I won't be ready until those looks of disgust are shooting my way once again!
    Can't wait, lol!

Bodybuilder

A little off topic, but did you train at the Y in Kingston years ago ? You look very familiar. Strong ****ing legs , just playing with seven plates on the press !

IFBB PRO

Yep! I did train at that Y, seems like forever ago. That is my favorite gym of all time!

This is the first off season and prep (so far) where I have been able to train my legs consistantly.
    I have gained a lot of strength in my lower body and my legs seem more shapely. Can't wait to strip off some of this fat and see what my hard work has really done to my leg development!

I came home from the gym one day and told Steve I was leg pressing 6 plates, he had no real reaction. Then later he asked me if I meant 6 plates total...I said per side...he said WHAT? NO? So he video'd the proof and made me try 7 plates a side, lol.

Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by ange_d View Post
    Yep! I did train at that Y, seems like forever ago. That is my favorite gym of all time!

This is the first off season and prep (so far) where I have been able to train my legs consistantly.
    I have gained a lot of strength in my lower body and my legs seem more shapely. Can't wait to strip off some of this fat and see what my hard work has really done to my leg development!

I came home from the gym one day and told Steve I was leg pressing 6 plates, he had no real reaction. Then later he asked me if I meant 6 plates total...I said per side...he said WHAT? NO? So he video'd the proof and made me try 7 plates a side, lol.
    My favourite gym too. I've been at Goodlife for over a year and hate it. I'll probably rejoin the Y. The Y produced two pros and some very good amateurs over the years. 7 plates is amazing. I think you are good for eight !

IFBB PRO

Great job on the vids and I look forward to watching both of your preps and the transformation into freak contest shape.
    now accepting contest prep. applications for the 2013 contest season
    Patrick Skailes IFBB pro, CPT
    http://patrickskailes.com/index

IFBB PRO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.5 weeks gym.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	34247

So here's a pic Steve took today in the gym, 8.5 weeks out.
    I am impressed with my legs but I fear they might end up really small when I get really lean.
    Time will tell...

Provincial Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by ange_d View Post

Name:	8.5 weeks gym.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	34247

So here's a pic Steve took today in the gym, 8.5 weeks out.
    I am impressed with my legs but I fear they might end up really small when I get really lean.
    Time will tell...
    Your look'n lean already A 8.5 weeks will go quickly!

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quick update on my off-season. Today was one of the first days I really felt back to 'normal' at the gym. What I mean by that, is I was able to train as hard as I am used to without feeling the aches and pains that I had been plagued with recently. Most of them for me was related to just being sick, and not necessarily being injured from training.

Bench was at 265 x 16. I am trying to keep reps higher for now.

Workouts have been shorter in duration and concentrating more on single bodyparts. This is not really on purpose, but more because of time, work, commitments etc. I still find it very effective - and also because its 'different' I find it always a good thing.

weight is at 195-196 in the morning. Plan is to stay at this weight until perhaps 10-12 weeks, than dropping 1 pound per week.

IFBB PRO

6.5 weeks out from the International qualifier event and 4.5 weeks out from the Atlantic Classic and pigging out today!
    Here are some pic's from this afternoon after a lttle carb up. Steve says I could compete tomorrow, probably not win but look good. Lot's of time to dial it all in!
    I decided to carb up today because kids and Steve have been sick and this morning I was feeling not so good, thought the food might help kick this sick in the butt! Not working though.

All else is good, diet easy, cardio around an hour before bed. No real strength left but I don't need it, lol. I just changed my workouts to be more high intensity training to burn up cal's and fat.

Name:	6 and 4 weeks.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	34286

Twirp

looking TIGHT! love your shoulders! keep up the hard work and stay positive

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast