CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Default My weight loss journey

I figured I would make a journal to keep track of my progress, get tips, help others, and be accountable for any of my screw ups.

Height: 5'8
    Starting weight: 228lbs
    Starting body fat: 35%

I started with a personal trainer around Oct 2012, a few times a week when I was home but took 2 months off for vacation, xmas etc. when I got back I decided it was time to smash this weight, I spent the next 2 weeks online learning about nutrition, diets etc and figured I dont wanna learn from anyone who hasnt lost weight themselves so I turned to Canadabodybuilding.com and some bodybuilding friends from home. I have learned alot but still have alot to go. I have worked out in gyms before, when I was 21 I did a juice cycle and went from 160lbs to 200lbs. the problem I had was I pumped anything and everything into my body unaware of what it was or what it did, then I just stopped, quit working out and kept carbing.... I got gyno and had surgery for it.

I have decided to use the Dave Palumbo diet as my base, I am taking suppliment and going to the gym often when I can. I drive a semi and work 7 days living in the semi then 7 days im home. I go to the gym everyday Im home for cardio as well as weights with my trainer 4-5 days on my days off.

I got down to 218lbs 33%bf between Oct 2012 and Feb 2012, on Febuary 12/2012 I started my diet and suppliments. I have been advised against some of these suppliments by some and told its fine by others, Im letting my results dictate and may change at a later date. here is how I looked on Feb,12/2012

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2050169.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	34231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2050170.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	34232

I will write out what a typical days meals look like:

meal 1: 2 omega 3 eggs, 3 egg whites

meal 2: 2 scoop whey shake, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

meal 3: 5 oz chicken, 1/2 cup almonds

meal 4: 2 scoop whey shake, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

meal 5: 5 oz salmon, 1 cup asparagus

meal 6 : 2 scoop whey, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

*chicken,turkey,sirloin tip traded off but usually chicken*
    *salmon,tuna,scallops traded but usually salmon*

I take my suppliments first thing in the morning and once at noon, they are:

8mg ephedrine: 2 a day
    200mg caffeine: 2 a day
    500mg l-carnitine: 4 a day
    400mg green coffee bean extract: 2 a day

when I am home I do a half hour of cardio a day then weight training with my personal trainer to try and maintain my muscle mass. when I am at work every morning I walk around the camp for about 15 minutes so I at least get something in for cardio. works good with steel toe boots on.

Today is Febuary,24/2012 and I weigh 209lbs 30%bf. here Is what I look like today:

Name:	2013-02-24 17.07.56.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	34233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24 17.08.27.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	34234

I have a long way to go. I have learned everything from the guys on this site and welcome any suggestions as I am still very green at this. everyone here is very helpful and I am hoping my journal can maybe help motivate someone else down the line. I will keep this regularly updated.

Thank you.

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

I know bf % can be very subjective, and i'm no expert, but in your last 2 pics there's no way you are at 30%. If i was to go the mile i'd guess around 18% tops. I'd be interested in seeing what the more experienced guys on here think..
    Exploit the earth or die..

Twirp

i am using one of those scales that send a electric shock through you to determin your bf%. if i dont flex my stomach i still have alot of fat, it just flexes well i guess.

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Throw that scale out, seriously, they're designed to mess with your head. Now i'm more convinced than ever that your bf% is way lower than you think.
    Exploit the earth or die..

Twirp

Its not mine, its the one the trainers use at the gym I go to. I figured by my first pic that it seemed about right, but wasnt sure of another way to figure out my bf%

Twirp

the scales are USELESS esp. when used for determining bodyfat . Prime example i used it with my coach it said i was 25% bodyfat then right after we used calipers and my pinches put me at 8% bodyfat....... THROW IT OUT....go my pictures, clothing if you really want to know bodyfat id say go calipers over scale!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.Brock View Post
    Its not mine, its the one the trainers use at the gym I go to. I figured by my first pic that it seemed about right, but wasnt sure of another way to figure out my bf%
    I think those scales are supposed to measure body mass index which is something totally different than body fat. I wouldn't put you at over 20%, at the most. Make sure your trainer isn't putting that 30% in your head to keep you buying more sessions.

Twirp

the scale they use asks for age and height, then displays my weight on a digital screen then it says body fat% 30.3 ( I have paid for a full year of sessions already so he has nothing to gain by getting in my head).... I am going to try the calipers to compare, as I said flexing it makes a big difference so here is a pic of me letting my belly loose. lol. to give a more accurate depiction on the body fat left to lose.

Name:	2013-02-24 22.18.36.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	34238

Thanks for all your input!

Amateur

Just the fact that you can see your abs, (when you flex), would tell me that you are more around 20% or less? I think if you're over 30% there would be no sign of abs no matter how hard you flex.

Wannabe

I'd say you're still in the low-mid 20's %...either way, you've made good progress, and you have a really decent base to work with! Nice job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast