CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.Brock View Post
    I figured I would make a journal to keep track of my progress, get tips, help others, and be accountable for any of my screw ups.

Height: 5'8
    Starting weight: 228lbs
    Starting body fat: 35%

I started with a personal trainer around Oct 2012, a few times a week when I was home but took 2 months off for vacation, xmas etc. when I got back I decided it was time to smash this weight, I spent the next 2 weeks online learning about nutrition, diets etc and figured I dont wanna learn from anyone who hasnt lost weight themselves so I turned to Canadabodybuilding.com and some bodybuilding friends from home. I have learned alot but still have alot to go. I have worked out in gyms before, when I was 21 I did a juice cycle and went from 160lbs to 200lbs. the problem I had was I pumped anything and everything into my body unaware of what it was or what it did, then I just stopped, quit working out and kept carbing.... I got gyno and had surgery for it.

I have decided to use the Dave Palumbo diet as my base, I am taking suppliment and going to the gym often when I can. I drive a semi and work 7 days living in the semi then 7 days im home. I go to the gym everyday Im home for cardio as well as weights with my trainer 4-5 days on my days off.

I got down to 218lbs 33%bf between Oct 2012 and Feb 2012, on Febuary 12/2012 I started my diet and suppliments. I have been advised against some of these suppliments by some and told its fine by others, Im letting my results dictate and may change at a later date. here is how I looked on Feb,12/2012

Attachment 34231Attachment 34232

I will write out what a typical days meals look like:

meal 1: 2 omega 3 eggs, 3 egg whites

meal 2: 2 scoop whey shake, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

meal 3: 5 oz chicken, 1/2 cup almonds

meal 4: 2 scoop whey shake, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

meal 5: 5 oz salmon, 1 cup asparagus

meal 6 : 2 scoop whey, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

*chicken,turkey,sirloin tip traded off but usually chicken*
    *salmon,tuna,scallops traded but usually salmon*

I take my suppliments first thing in the morning and once at noon, they are:

8mg ephedrine: 2 a day
    200mg caffeine: 2 a day
    500mg l-carnitine: 4 a day
    400mg green coffee bean extract: 2 a day

when I am home I do a half hour of cardio a day then weight training with my personal trainer to try and maintain my muscle mass. when I am at work every morning I walk around the camp for about 15 minutes so I at least get something in for cardio. works good with steel toe boots on.

Today is Febuary,24/2012 and I weigh 209lbs 30%bf. here Is what I look like today:

Attachment 34233Attachment 34234

I have a long way to go. I have learned everything from the guys on this site and welcome any suggestions as I am still very green at this. everyone here is very helpful and I am hoping my journal can maybe help motivate someone else down the line. I will keep this regularly updated.

Thank you.
    nice job bud. I would say for bf you are any where from 15 to 20%. You can go on line a purchase a skin caliper on line for a couple of bucks much better than those scales. What do you think of the green coffee bean exttract?

Twirp

Its hard to say. I changed my whole diet and started taking all the supplements at once. I have heard good things about it and I have also been told not to waste my time. for now everything is working fine so only time will tell.

Muscle Bound

Be careful with ephedrine it raise cortisol and lead to adrenal issues.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Twirp

So I am back from my 7 work days, had a bit of a burp, my girlfriend joined my diet and I split my suppliments up with her, while on the road I ran out of protein powder and L-carnatine and my gcbe, was on my week off of epphy and caffeine.... got some savage cravings and buckled like a pansie, I pulled fat kid and cheated 2 days in a row, 1 meal each day then went for sushi when I got back. I loaded myself up with suppliments so this doesnt happen again and got straight back to the diet when I got home.

On the plus side to this I just weighed in at 206lbs so despite my weak control I have still lost. my original goal had been under 200lbs by may,12/2013 but now I am hoping when I get back from my next set of work days to be there.... fingers crossed. I think after I get under 200lbs I may drop the ephedrine from my suppliment routine.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Be careful with ephedrine it raise cortisol and lead to adrenal issues.

Eric
    Thanks for the heads up eric, Praetorian had also suggested not using it as well but I felt I would throw it in at a lower dose for the first bit. I will not be raising my dose at all like many tend to do, but the opposite.

Twirp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	34298Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	34299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0041.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	34300

Update: I have weighed in at 203lbs, my goal was originally 200lbs by may 12/2013. I have changed my goal to 190lbs by may 12/2013. I have noticed my ab definition has lessened but my overall stomach has shrunken, the side pic shows my waist and how much thinner it is. I am bloody amazed with my results so far and once again would like to thank everyone on this site for support and feedback. I posted the first gross pic to show the waist size difference, looking at old pics I cant believe I ever let myself get there.

I still have alot of work to do, keeping up with the diet although I have wandered from it a few times and if I hadnt I would be under 200lbs already.

Side note: God do I hate leg day!!!!!

Bodybuilder

great job!

Twirp

I made a decision to try something out, I decided to go off my diet and suppliments for a 2 week period to give my body a rest as well as to see how it would react. I noticed I seemed more tired the whole time but the plus side is I only gained 2 pounds so I didnt balloon out. I am back on the diet and have gotten to 200lbs, I have through this put on 5lbs of muscle as well. Happy to know when I hit my target weight I will be able to maintain it.

I did keep up with my workout routine while I was taking the break from the diet. less than a month to be down to my goal so its go time.

Twirp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	34368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0023.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	34369

April 21/2013 200lbs.

Twirp

OK, its been a year since I updated my journal because there hasn't really been anything to update. At 200lbs I was feeling pretty good abouthow I looked (compared to what I was used to) so I slipped out of routine. Football BBQ beer season kicked in and I threw my diet into the wind.

Over the last year I have hovered around 205-210, doing a week of diet followed by weeks of not doing it, at one point I actually jumped backed up to 223 (ouch!!!) And that was my aha moment. So after a year of excuses and b.s. I am giving it another go.

Right now I sit at 205lbs and am having absolutely no issues with the diet as I have been on/off it for so long that its just the norm for me now. I have upped the supplements I take adding magnesium oxide, cla, raspberry ketones, b-12 and green tea extract. I am also not as strict with my diet as many days I don't eat all of my meals..... OK most days, but as I am not prepping for a contest I am not all that worried about losing a bit of muscle.

I will update my progress as it comes along.

Side note: when I first started I thought 200lbs I would be shredded....... Wow was I wrong, I bet I need to be 180lbs to be cut like I want..... Game face on!
    Last edited by D.J.Brock; 20-04-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12