CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Default Canadian vs USA supplements

Ι am researching about this and the general meaning is that Canadian laws are more strict than USA's. I have heard that canadian products should be approved by CHFA and to provide some human studies on the ingredients they use. Is it real? Also, I see that all of the canadian brands meet cGMP guideness such as Pharmafreak, PVL, Nutrabolics, Interactive ,Magnum Nutraceuticals and others. But, what about the raw materials? They can meet cGMP but they can buy their materials from China, Asia, Eastern Europe and other unreliable sources. Have they real "pharmaceutical grade quality"? Many questions need to be answered...

Twirp

Any opinion? Thought it is a very interesting thread for both trainers and customers.

Twirp

Does nobody of so many experts here interested about it? I am not gonna talk bad for a company, I am many years in other bodybuilding forums and I know how things happened. So, get it the thread, we can open the eyes of many amateurs who start to involved in supplement industry.

National Level Bodybuilder

There is little regulation in the US and a bt more in Canada...but supplements do not get the scrutiny food does and we still see ecoli, mad cow etc in our food....what does that tell you.

Heavy metals, etc can be present and have been tested in supps...buyer beware.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

Prae, have you heard about presence of nitrates and other carcinogens also in cheap protein powder ?

(Which is good reason to take high quality proteins).

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Twirp

Thanks for the answers! Can you take the discussion a step further, answering my questions about CHFA, cGMP, "pharmaceutical grade ingredients"? I prefer canadian brands so I am searching about their quality, raw materials etc. Almost all of the canadian brands promote themselves as quality brand with premium ingredients, but is it real? I try to make the comparison between USA and Canada as far as supplements. I am from Greece so I don't have any reason to support the one or the other side. I just search the truth.

edit: Most label failed tests come from USA. Generally, from Canada I didn't see many tests, I saw only one for Fighters Food. I have seen many from Gaspari, ON, Muscletech, Six Star, BSN etc (with not so good results...)
    Last edited by sobral; 03-03-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Twirp

The one issue in the US, which is were I am now, is that the claim that companies hitch their wagon too is 3rd party testing. The phalacy is that the testing company is only testing for what the manufacter is asking to be tested. Usually this is a steroid type ingredient which the product will be clean of. That does not guarantee the
    purity or the quality of what is actually in there. The John Scotts Nitro company, which is now available in Canada follows WADA (World Anit-Doping Association) which is also guidelines and agency that CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport) uses. www.jsnitro.com . Its worth a look.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by peaksportsnutrition View Post
    The one issue in the US, which is were I am now, is that the claim that companies hitch their wagon too is 3rd party testing. The phalacy is that the testing company is only testing for what the manufacter is asking to be tested. Usually this is a steroid type ingredient which the product will be clean of. That does not guarantee the
    purity or the quality of what is actually in there. The John Scotts Nitro company, which is now available in Canada follows WADA (World Anit-Doping Association) which is also guidelines and agency that CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport) uses. www.jsnitro.com . Its worth a look.
    You are right, this is something which we (the customers) must be concerned about. Not all of the companies test their products' quality. A company can test for banned substances but not the purity of the raw materials. Many companies also buy raw materials from China. I will give a look to JSNC products. I also want to know your opinion about these companies, not only you mate but everyone who wants to give an opinion.
    1) Pharmafreak
    2) Allmax
    3) Nutrabolics
    4) Magnum Nutraceuticals

Please no sponsored "opinions", only real reviews. These are the companies I usually use. Thanks in advance!

Twirp

I use both canadian and USA brand supplements. Just be sure to to use brands that have GMP facilities. I haven't had any problems

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by jack3d14 View Post
    I use both canadian and USA brand supplements. Just be sure to to use brands that have GMP facilities. I haven't had any problems
    GMP logo is not enough. We have seen many brands with cGMP facilities to have problems with quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast