CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM

Thread: Insulin Use

Amateur

Default Insulin Use

Shooting the breeze with a newcomer in our gym, says he went from 230lbs-292lbs using only insulin. I know the biggest pros use insulin with gh, is it the insulin that brings on the extreme growth? I know alot of guys that use gh but haven't got near the results this guy has. The thought of insulin use scares me, one mistake may kill you, but just curious.

National Level Bodybuilder

Yes insulin alone will make you gain weight...but it will be primarily fat. Its the combination of high androgens, GH, and insulin that results in mass gains. The gh creates hyperplasia or an increase in muscle (satellite) cells, the high androgens allow the cells to mature and the insulin acts as a super charger driving more nutrients into the cell. The problem is insulin should only be used if you arent making gains with the other two otherwise you will just add fat.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

Off topic, but in the light of this^, it make more sense to wait an hour PWO to take some carbs in, to allow natural GH to be release before spiking the insulin.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Yes insulin alone will make you gain weight...but it will be primarily fat. Its the combination of high androgens, GH, and insulin that results in mass gains. The gh creates hyperplasia or an increase in muscle (satellite) cells, the high androgens allow the cells to mature and the insulin acts as a super charger driving more nutrients into the cell. The problem is insulin should only be used if you arent making gains with the other two otherwise you will just add fat.
    P
    Well, he was sitting in front of me at about 235lbs. so he may have been very fat at 292. I'm sure he woul n't have lost so much if it was a muscular 292.

Muscle Bound

Insulin is the most anabolic hormone there is. A super charger is a great way to describe it because it pushes amino's and carbs into the muscle cells promoting growth. You can use it without GH quite easily, and you can do so without getting fat, but most won't. Especially if you're new at it. The key is to find your exact ratio needed to fill those muscle cells, prevent you from going hypo, and having no excess to be stored as fat. The average user can expect to put on some fat while using insulin, and the new user should expect to put on a fair amount of fat while using insulin. If you're even considering it, do months of research in advance. It is usually quite safe to use, but if you **** it up it can and will kill you.
    IronRobi

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by IronRobi View Post
    Insulin is the most anabolic hormone there is. A super charger is a great way to describe it because it pushes amino's and carbs into the muscle cells promoting growth. You can use it without GH quite easily, and you can do so without getting fat, but most won't. Especially if you're new at it. The key is to find your exact ratio needed to fill those muscle cells, prevent you from going hypo, and having no excess to be stored as fat. The average user can expect to put on some fat while using insulin, and the new user should expect to put on a fair amount of fat while using insulin. If you're even considering it, do months of research in advance. It is usually quite safe to use, but if you **** it up it can and will kill you.
    Personally, I would never use it for this reason. I have never even bothered with Gh. I like to keep if fairly safe and simple with a bit of Test E and a bit of Tren (very rarely).

Muscle Bound

Quote Originally Posted by scottlove View Post
    Personally, I would never use it for this reason. I have never even bothered with Gh. I like to keep if fairly safe and simple with a bit of Test E and a bit of Tren (very rarely).
    You have to think, there are nearly 30 million diabetics in North America. Is it really that unsafe? The key to using it is to not be an idiot about it. The people who do die, and it has happened, often take mega doses with no food and lay down to take a nap or go to bed for the night. But on the other hand, when taken properly it's something that can really change your entire physique and bring you to the next level.
    IronRobi

National Level Bodybuilder

Insulin is not as dangerous as its mad out to be...mostly by those ignorant of its use. If you have half a brain then you should be fine., The key is it is not for the beginner and as I said above...using it when you don't need it or incorrectly will make you fat...it is not a miracle drug!!!
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Bodybuilding Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Insulin is not as dangerous as its mad out to be...mostly by those ignorant of its use. If you have half a brain then you should be fine., The key is it is not for the beginner and as I said above...using it when you don't need it or incorrectly will make you fat...it is not a miracle drug!!!
    P
    100% agree. If you are smart it's not dangerous you just have to understand what you are doing and start with a minimal dose and increase gradually.

Also 100% agree that it's overrated and will make most people fat. Probably best for ectomorphs along with the other things Prae mentioned.
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
    http://www.hyperforce.net/ <---Team Hyperforce
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook