CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Question Supplement confusion

I am a bit...well...nervous posting on the forum, but I want to know, so here goes. I'm in the process of getting equipment together for Body Beast, which is a 90 day weight and cardio program. (put out by beachbody) I've done weights before, but without an actual plan, including food, which this has in great detail. And naturally they recommend their line of creatine, protein, testosterone and pre workout). I'm not much for spending several hundred dollars a month on this stuff, and even talking with my local GNC it would be around $200/mo (this includes a multi and fishoil as well). At least they weren't your typical pushy sales types. They recommended:

Nitrotech $49.99
    PharmaFreak Test Freak $63.99
    PharmaFreak Ripped Freak $59.99(this apparently would replace the Fuel Shot from Beachbody)
    GNC Fishoil $31.99
    GNC Multivitamin $39.99
    Membership: $10

I can see that there are sites on here that offer similar for vastly reduced prices. Trouble is, I'm a bit lost when it comes to creating the same sort of stack, as there seems to be a lot to choose. I know that whey isolate works for me (it doesn't hurt me stomach) and apparently creatine monohydrate is best bet for this type of program. I DO know that "at my age" fishoil and a multi is a good idea.

I know that 90% is diet and WHEN you eat (and the weights themselves) but I might as well stick to the program as closely as possible, which means the four supps above. Thanks for your time!

Muscle Bound

I don't know the exact training offered by body beast, but I would not put my money on those kind of trainings. Especially if you are on a budget, you don't need all those products. Creatine, whey, a high quality multivitamins/minerals and high quality fish oil is plenty enough to get good results.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    I don't know the exact training offered by body beast, but I would not put my money on those kind of trainings. Especially if you are on a budget, you don't need all those products. Creatine, whey, a high quality multivitamins/minerals and high quality fish oil is plenty enough to get good results.

Eric
    I did similar many years ago from a book and lost weight, so it works. And the fact I don't need a gym is a plus. And I paid half price for the thing on ebay, have it so going to use it. With the supps you listed, what specifically would you recommend (name, price, where to get), rather than what I've listed?

Muscle Bound

There is 4 sponsor here, myself I'm getting some of my stuff from true nutrition, like creatine (creapure) is pretty cheap: http://truenutrition.com/p-1047-crea...100-grams.aspx

Fish oil I and multi I'm getting them from Usana, very good quality.

And I get (at cost price) my whey Isolated from Genuine health, pretty expensive, but best taste I ever tried and it's hormone/antibiotics free.

For a very good price you can get everything from true nutrition:

Whey : http://truenutrition.com/p-1100-whey...1lb-milk.aspx?

Fish oil (I'm not taking those, it's supposed to be good, but I prefer to pay extra for high quality) http://truenutrition.com/p-1111-fish...-softgels.aspx

Another good add-on (and non expensive) is ZMA before bed, most people are lacking magnesium, it help having healthy hormones levels among many other thing: http://truenutrition.com/p-1095-zma-...capsules.aspx?

Eric
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Twirp

Thanks Eric! How much Creapure do you typically order? I'm wondering if it's worth it order enough to last 90 days? Is there a testosterone booster?

What's the difference between cross-flow, microfiltered and cold filtration?
    Last edited by cypherslock; 06-09-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Muscle Bound

Test boosters, and fat burning supplements are a scam. Caffeine pills are like 10$ a bottle and will do the same thing.

Muscle Bound

Order 10 or more, the price fall from 4.89$ to 1.79$, so one kg of creapure is only 17.90$.

Usual intake of creatine is about 10-12g per day, so a 100g pack is good for 8-10 days. Depending on how much you wanna stock it, 1000g will be good for about 90 days. The more you order the more you save on shipping. I prefer to order a big shipment once or twice a year, then often.

As for testosterone booster, most products are a waste of money, expensive VS little results. That being said, I have friends that had success with DAA: http://truenutrition.com/p-1134-d-as...100-grams.aspx but I never tried it, if you wanna try it, I recommend some DIM with it to control estrogen: http://truenutrition.com/p-1150-dim-...-capsules.aspx.

CFM, microfiltration and cold filtration are just different method they use to Isolate the whey from the other components like lactose and fat. They are all goods methods, CFM is the most popular and has virtually no denatured proteins.

Eric

Muscle Bound

I'll echo what Eric says here.

Creatine: Buy the cheapest creatine monohydrate you can find. You can usually pick up 1kg from any supplement place in the $15-25 range. It doesn't mix the greatest, doesn't have the fancy flavoring like some of the big name ones, but will work just as well. The last one I bought was by Allmax because it was on sale at the time.

Protein: Get yourself a good Whey Isolate. If there is a Costco near you, you can get 4.4lbs of Kaizen Isolate for like $48. It's a good budget brand, and tastes decent enough. My fav is Dymatize Iso-100. It's more $$$ but mixes even with a spoon and tastes incredible.

Test Booster: Pure marketing scam. 99.9% of them do absolutely nothing for your test levels and will make absolutely no difference in your training.

Fat Burner: If your diet and exercise program is in check, this likely isn't needed. If you really want to use a fat burner, go to GNC and buy a couple packs of 100 8mg ephedrine for $8 each, a bottle of caffeine pills for $5 then head over to the closest drug store and buy a bottle of asprin for $5. Home made ECA stack for 10% of the price of any over the counter fat burner. Will work real great as a pre-workout as well, give you tons of energy to train.

Multi: I happen to like the GNC multi, i've used it for 10 years + now.

The protein is really the only pricey thing here, and if you look at your protein shake as a meal it doesn't seem as bad. I'll use the Kaizen as an example. Each serving is 40g and gives 35g protein. There are 50 servings per bottle for $48. So for easy math, let's call it $1/meal. Where else can you go to buy a good healthy meal for $1? Seems pretty cheap to me at that point.
    IronRobi

Twirp

there is a product that has 5745 ORAC per serving, There's a new drink on the block that is a complete multi-
    vitamin mineral complex, is all-natural and contains no starch, wheat, or yeast, contains no artificial sweeteners or
    preservatives and is glycemic-friendly and gluten free, let me know if you are interested in this information, thanks

Twirp

Thank you guys! You've saved me quite a bit of coin, and I appreciate it! What's your take on beef protein from True Nutrition? Trying to avoid whey if I can.
    Last edited by cypherslock; 15-03-2015 at 04:02 PM.