50g fats

0 cardio
    Attachment 36203
    Excellent hamstrings

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMadsen View Post
    Delt King & TT Eric;
    Thanks for following, but I'm going to have to politely call BS on the carbs being the problem
    Unless you have some kind of disease.. If you get bloofy and fat, it's too much calories in general and/or estrogen is too high. Or possibly a short term reaction to inconsistent sodium levels.
    I'm with you here. Keto is great in its own way and so is low carbs.. But I can't believe many people who work and train hard would gain any amount of body fat eating under 3k calories a day consistently. 400 g carbs plus 400g prot and another 100 g fat is another story.

People will disagree with this I am sure though.

I can remember my first couple contest preps. I ate rice for about 80% of my calories. Cheese slices for about the rest lol. Got ripped and nothing to do with high metabolism

Muscle Bound

Well when I was in my 20s I was eating +5000cal a day no trouble, it was even insane how I could eat sometime.

But now in the 40s, it's not the same. Now I eat 300g of protein per day, about 100g of fat, so I have not a lot of space left for carbs 150-200g top, and I gain about 1-2lbs per month with that.

If I wanted to eat more carbs, I would either have to cut into the proteins or into the fats, which is a MUCH less healthier option for me. 150-200g of carbs per day is plenty enough for me to train hard and gain.

20s, 30s, 40s is not the same, the game change as you get older.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Well when I was in my 20s I was eating +5000cal a day no trouble, it was even insane how I could eat sometime.

But now in the 40s, it's not the same. Now I eat 300g of protein per day, about 100g of fat, so I have not a lot of space left for carbs 150-200g top, and I gain about 1-2lbs per month with that.

If I wanted to eat more carbs, I would either have to cut into the proteins or into the fats, which is a MUCH less healthier option for me. 150-200g of carbs per day is plenty enough for me to train hard and gain.

20s, 30s, 40s is not the same, the game change as you get older.

Eric
    It's all about what works best for you at the end of the day. I will always suggested a low-moderate protein/high carb/low-moderate fat approach - all within the confines of the proper caloric intake.

Twirp

I woke up at 171.3 lbs today. Close to 6% I believe, still looking to tighten up more.

This was my leg session from this afternoon. A little more volume than I've been doing lately.

leg extensions-4 sets 10 reps
    seated leg curls-4 sets 6-12 reps
    single leg press-4 sets 10 reps
    hack squats-2 sets 10 reps
    stiff-leg deadlifts-2 sets 8-10 reps
    bodyweight walking lunges-20 reps per leg
    decline crunches(pull from upper thigh, should feel like a sissy squat)-3 sets 10 reps

lightweights, constant tension, slow reps, feeling the legs through the movement and pumping as much blood as we can into the glutes/hams/quads

Putting 50 cals back in for today:

2925 cals
    176g Protein
    482g carbs (50ish g fibre)
    31g fats

Twirp

So I photo-documented my meals today. I've discussed this before but I use a Flexible Dieting approach, I've summarized the approach in a number of threads. Here is what today looked like for me, with all the numbers:

I wake up every day and have just have a protein shake (w/ cinnamon) then not much else for a few hours, so I call this Meal 1.5:
    Oats w/ cinnamon (cinnamon fanatic, for good reason) and calorie free caramel syrup, apple, yogurt, plus the protein shake that preceded this.. 39P/51C/3F, 8 fibre - 396 cals

Meal 2: Bagel w/ turkey/lettuce/Dijon mustard/fat free mayo + salad w/ zesty Italian vinaigrette.
    31P/65 C/6F, 5 fibre - 464 cals
    The bagel is an Everything Bagel from Tim's, because I'm not feeling the "food prep" thing

Meal 3: quick I'm in a hurry?! Oats/protein/cinnamon and blueberry syrup.. and out the door!
    28P/31C/4F, 4 fibre - 250 cals

Meal 4: fried turkey/potato/broc with salad and dressing + a banana while I cooked
    36P/72C/5F, 9 fibre - 458 cals

Meal 5: now the fun begins! Two mega bowls of low-fat cereal in almond milk 9P/150C/8F, 15 Fibre - 713 cals

Meal 5.5: DEM CARBS, apple+gummy worms and low cal waffles/zero fat cool whip/caramel syrup!
    8P/89C/3F, 8 fibre - 421 cals
    I basically just sit around and eat all night FYI

Meal 6: Last one! Protein oatmeal pancakes w/ strawberries and low sugar syrup.
    23P/33C/2F, 5 fibre - 227 cals

Today's totals:
    173P/490C/30F, 53 fibre - 2918 cals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meal 1a.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	36212

Twirp

Woke up 171.4 lbs

Trained Back/Bi's:

Lat pulldowns (I used an interesting approach for this like I've done for chest, the first 4 reps we're with my body straight up and down, the 2nd 4 reps we're leaning back a bit, and the last four reps was fairly low angled - this allowed my to flatten the strength curve to an extent and hit more of my back) - 3x8-10
    Seated Underhand cable rows - 3x8
    Chest Supported T-Bar Rows - 3x10
    SS: Wide Grip BB Curls - 3x8
    w/ Hammer Curls - 3x10

Will eat the same macros I have been.
    No cardio.

Twirp

I did 15mins of cardio the last 2 days, and yesterday I dropped my cals from 2925/day to 2875/day.

This morning I woke up looking my best in the morning so far. I usually don't like how I look in the morning, somehow I'm flat despite eating near 500g the day before.. 60% of which is consumed within hours of bedtime.

Today I woke up at 170.8 lbs. Hard, dry, and full.

Trained: Chest/Delts/Tri's
    Various Incline DB Press - Interesting technique employed here, I did 1 set at each angle of the bench starting at the top, 6 sets down to flat - 6x8-10
    Cable flyes, again varying angles - 4x10
    SS DB Lateral Raises - 4x12-15
    w/ Rear Delt Flyes on Reverse Pec Deck - 4x12-15
    Overhead Tricep Rope Ext - 3x12

Will eat:
    174g Protein
    486g carbs (50ish g fibre)
    28g fats
    2875 cals
    2200mg sodium

Today I started taking an Omega 3 supplement called Nutra-Sea. 1 tsp everyday get's me my EFA's necessary to stay healthy at sub 30g fat, at a low bodyfat. It's not ideal, and I look forward to getting my fats back up after the show.

Tonight's pic is following the Chest/Shoulders portion. I wanted to see what it would look like without an arm pump; I feel it's a less aggressive look which is to my advantage I think.

Name:	10 days out front back.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	36226

Name:	10 days out sides.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	36227

Twirp

Today I woke up at 169.2 lbs! Changes are happening so fast now.

Trained: Back/Bi's
    Lat Pull downs, varying angles throughout the set - 4x12
    Underhand BB Rows - 4x8-10
    Close grip cable rows - 3x10
    Assisted Pull Ups - 2x12

Will eat:
    163g Protein
    478g carbs (60ish g fibre)
    29g fats
    2805 cals
    3100mg sodium

I did my posing without the compression shorts to see if that was binding skin up. It looks like they were.

Name:	Oct 24 9 Days Out 169 22 lbs.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	36229

Muscle Bound

Looking great man!

BTW, is it just me, or you really look like Chris Pontius (Jackass movies) ?

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast