CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gym "fashion"

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by natenator View Post
    Branch Warren can pull off the look. You can't.
    Lol. Duly noted.
    So no combat boots, tights and fanny pack on leg days?
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

Work boots, Nike sweat pants, and a XXL cotton tshirt, power belt, MP3 and noise cancelling ear phones...dressed for comfort and hardcore training ....ill leave the fashion to the skinny guys! Put it this way....fashion is used to attract attention...at 275lbs with abs i attract too much attention...hence the noise cancelling ear phones.

P
    Last edited by Praetorian; 25-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

I work in a gym and that is my office: I like looking pretty!

But hats are a no no!

There was this girl that wore a hoodie, sunglasses and booty shorts showing all her fat/celulitis. She did "cardio" only.

I talked to her 2X she was 100% cookie and a very nice person at the same time.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Work boots, Nike sweat pants, and a XXL cotton tshirt, power belt, MP3 and noise cancelling ear phones...dressed for comfort and hardcore training ....ill leave the fashion to the skinny guys! Put it this way....fashion is used to attract attention...at 275lbs with abs i attract too much attention...hence the noise cancelling ear phones.

P
    Ok but no curling 275 in the rack,you can pick that up off the floor eh.
    Last edited by cog; 26-01-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    I work in a gym and that is my office: I like looking pretty!

But hats are a no no!

There was this girl that wore a hoodie, sunglasses and booty shorts showing all her fat/celulitis. She did "cardio" only.

I talked to her 2X she was 100% cookie and a very nice person at the same time.
    Ok, I'm pretty good with the slang around with my generation... But what the heck does "100% cookie" mean??

Muscle Bound

Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by cog View Post
    Ok but no curling 275 in the rack,you can pick that up off the floor eh.

LOL i stopped heavy barbell curls years ago after tearing both biceps tendons...at my best I have done 315 for 5 decent cheat curls, and 275 for 10. If i tried that now I would need surgeons standing by.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    LOL i stopped heavy barbell curls years ago after tearing both biceps tendons...at my best I have done 315 for 5 decent cheat curls, and 275 for 10. If i tried that now I would need surgeons standing by.

P
    Jeez Prae, why haven't I heard of you in the Olympia line up before??

Muscle Bound

Dang Ted! What a slap in the face when I see what you were lifting, I thought I had a decent curl with 175lbs x6... but 315 make this so ridiculous.

You know, I use stronger people to help me drive more weight, but YOU, you set the bar so freaking high!!!

Seeing stronger people I think really help me move more weight over time, I try to focus on how easy should I lift X weight since someone can lift X more. For example when I do bench I'm like: 'COME ON TURNIP this is nothing, Ted can do 585lbs' or 'LET'S GO SHRIMP Ted can do 405x19' LOL. And now you just bumped Tom Platz out of my head who I was seeing doing curls with 255lbs (and had one bicep tendon tear with that weight BTW).

I use to have some realistic goals, like when I was young and saw a picture of Lee Hanney Rowing 225lbs (BB rows), it drove me and the day I was finally able to do it, wow I was so glad... but now, even thought your lifts help me drive more, they have annihilated the 'realistic' portion in my goals, I see now my goals as step toward the impossible.

You are in a complete different class as for strength and very few stand in that class. You should post a few videos of you lifting if you have any!

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Dang Ted! What a slap in the face when I see what you were lifting, I thought I had a decent curl with 175lbs x6... but 315 make this so ridiculous.

You know, I use stronger people to help me drive more weight, but YOU, you set the bar so freaking high!!!

Seeing stronger people I think really help me move more weight over time, I try to focus on how easy should I lift X weight since someone can lift X more. For example when I do bench I'm like: 'COME ON TURNIP this is nothing, Ted can do 585lbs' or 'LET'S GO SHRIMP Ted can do 405x19' LOL. And now you just bumped Tom Platz out of my head who I was seeing doing curls with 255lbs (and had one bicep tendon tear with that weight BTW).

I use to have some realistic goals, like when I was young and saw a picture of Lee Hanney Rowing 225lbs (BB rows), it drove me and the day I was finally able to do it, wow I was so glad... but now, even thought your lifts help me drive more, they have annihilated the 'realistic' portion in my goals, I see now my goals as step toward the impossible.

You are in a complete different class as for strength and very few stand in that class. You should post a few videos of you lifting if you have any!

Eric
    ^ Completely agree with this. I've don't think I've ever heard of a man so strong before! I've seen a few videos on Nasser El Sonbaty doing some heavy curls but I think they were only in the 200's. Please, please if you have any videos it would be awesome if you could post them!

-Primal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast