CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Amateur

Default I'm Sick! What should I eat??

Hi everybody, I'm currently quite sick at the moment and have been since last week Saturday. I don't know what I have but it is debilitating. Last week was especially bad, I had gone out to a dinner with an old friend and ended up throwing up at their house several times. The symptoms are rather strange to me, I haven't been sick like this before. My stomach growls so loudly that people can hear it all the way across rooms, I have terrible nausea and have thrown up a few times. My body doesn't want to have bowel movements, and when it does, it is all diarrhea. Last week I went three days without having a bowel movement. I'm also quite lightheaded. I went and got some Gravol from the pharmacy and that has been helping but I am having a hard time getting down food when it wears off. Literally, last week if I didn't take the Gravol and ate afterwards I thought I would pass out (vision started going and ears were ringing). Now the strange part about this is that whenever I do any sort of physical activity be it going to the gym or even walking my dog, the nausea goes away! The lightheaded feeling stays but it does improve dramatically and I feel great for about an hour past (even without food I still feel good). But then, it is back to the nausea...

My question is, what should I eat? I have been eating terribly lately, but I need food with really high calories to keep me going as you can imagine. Also, if anyone has experienced symptoms like this PLEASE, PLEASE give me some advice on what to do. The doctors isn't open until Monday and that is also the earliest I can schedule an appointment. So basically I won't be able to see the doc until later this week (Thursday or Friday). I've already dropped about 5 lbs so I'd like to keep as many of my gains as possible as I combat this. Thanks so much for reading all of this! GO TEAM CANADA TOMORROW!!

-Primal

National Level Bodybuilder

Relax the weight you have lost is water from dehydration it will come back fine once you feel better. Have shakes with olive oil or a nut butter if you cant eat much...the most important thing is to get in your protein.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Relax the weight you have lost is water from dehydration it will come back fine once you feel better. Have shakes with olive oil or a nut butter if you cant eat much...the most important thing is to get in your protein.

P
    Ahh crap! I ran out last week! I was supposed to order some protein in but I forgot about it when I got sick. I think I still have a backup supply though, but it'll only last me a few days. Any other foods you guys would recommend? Thanks!

-Primal

National Level Bodybuilder

Protein!

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Protein!

P
    Hahaha! Ok, I get it Prae, protein it is! Thanks!

-Primal

Amateur

Quick update. Turns out I have the stomach flu! Hopefully you guys don't get it, I've been out of the gym for 2 weeks now (I'm not counting going out with my buddies over reading week) because of it!

-Primal

Wannabe

With diarrhea you should have lots of water to avoid dehydration.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rickerred View Post
    With diarrhea you should have lots of water to avoid dehydration.
    Thanks for the tip Rick! Yeah I've been trying to down as much water as possible. The problem is that I'm only having bowel movements about every 3-4 days... and they aren't pretty. The doc told me to get some stool samples so I'll let you guys know what's up after he gets it analyzed.

-Primal