CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

As you can see, this is not high in calories, nor meats nor fat! So no worries about your health. I think part of the misconception about keto diets is that its 5000 calories of bacon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    As you can see, this is not high in calories, nor meats nor fat! So no worries about your health. I think part of the misconception about keto diets is that its 5000 calories of bacon.
    Yeah you are right Steve, the diet has waaay fewer calories than I was expecting it to have. I honestly thought that it would be a rotation of just chicken and ground beef all day long! Anyways, I don't know if you read some of my other posts but my stats are as follows:

18 years old
    202 lbs roughly
    6^4 tall
    Extremely ectomorphic

The diet I posted before had a total of 310 prot, and 102 fats with 'trace carbs' (whatever those are...). I know you and Prae stressed that I don't need to count calories but how will I know if I am getting adequate nutrition with these numbers? I've had to force feed myself in the past so maybe I might have to do so here as well. I guess I'll wait and see if Prae says there is somethings I can change about the diet but my question is, are you an advocate of eating to your hunger needs? Like, if its the next meal time and you only feel like eating half of your meal, would you say eat to what you feel like or force it down? I know some people who only eat to what their stomach can take at that given time and they say it is much better than forcing it down but I would like to hear you opinion on the matter. Thank you very much!

-Primal

Here is the diet revised for your body!
    Follow this diet and you dont need to worry about counting calories or if you are getting adequate nutrition.

P

MEAL #1

4 whole eggs; 4 egg whites

~50g Pro, 20g Fat

MEAL #2

SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

~55 pro 12g Fat

MEAL #3

“Lean Protein Meal”: 8oz chicken with 1/3-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

~50g Pro 16 Fat

MEAL #4

SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

~55 pro 12g Fat

MEAL #5

“Fatty Protein Meal”: 7oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

~45Pro 30Fat

MEAL #6

SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1.5 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

Wouldn't be a good idea to add either psylium or grounded flax in the shakes to help eliminate ?

Ted, what do you recommend to take instead of the almonds and peanut butter for those who are allergic ?

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Follow this diet and you dont need to worry about counting calories or if you are getting adequate nutrition.

P

MEAL #1

~50g Pro, 20g Fat

MEAL #2

SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

~55 pro 12g Fat

MEAL #3

“Lean Protein Meal”: 8oz chicken with 1/3-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

~50g Pro 16 Fat

MEAL #4

SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

~55 pro 12g Fat

MEAL #5

“Fatty Protein Meal”: 7oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

~45Pro 30Fat

MEAL #6

SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1.5 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites
    Awesome! Thank you so much Prae! About the 5th meal though, what can I have in the 'green salad' you said if I can't have tomatoes and carrots and such? When you said 'green' do you mean only green veggies? And also pertaining to Eric's question, would flax be necessary in my shakes? I got 5 lbs over reading week so I'm pretty stocked up. Once again, thanks a ton Prae, I really appreciate all that you've done for me!

-Primal

Yes green veggies...cucumber, onion, green beans, broccoli, asparagus.....measure it as 1 cup chopped. You will need to take some type of fibre because when you drop carbs low you also drop fiber intake and thus you may get constipated....i use 1 Tbsp ground flax seed(ground not whole) plus 1 teaspoon organic psyllium in each shake. You will also need to drink plenty of water and add sodium to your meals as when you are low carb your body will flush more water and hence electrolytes as well. Use condiments with sodium...but NO sugar or carbs....hot sauce, mustard, sugar free soya, etc

P
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*

Amateur

Great! Alright, I'll stock up and start keto on monday! Thanks Prae and everyone else!

-Primal

Muscle Bound

P

MEAL #1

~50g Pro, 20g Fat
    Meal #1, unless my math is no good, wouldn't be like 36-40g of protein ? Since a large egg is about 6g of protein or 7g for an extra-large one.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

28g plus 12g = 40g protein. For someone less then 200lbs you dont need 50g.

P

Amateur

28g plus 12g = 40g protein. For someone less then 200lbs you dont need 50g.

P
    Oh but I'm at about 202 lbs...

-Primal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast