CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    IFBB PRO

Default My Husband and I - Ange's PRO debut edition!!!

Here I go again, lol, 11 weeks or so out from the Toronto Pro Supershow!
    Never in a million years did I think I would be starting a journal as a Pro!

Here's a link to our past journals:
    http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/sh...-my-wife-and-I
    http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/sh...nals-By-ange_d
    http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/sh...-Coast-Edition!
    http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/sh...s-2013-Edition!!!

Cleaned up my diet last week and dropped a few pounds.
    I worked hard this year trying to build up my lower body, especially hams and glutes (of course - always my weakness).

Going to try to keep this journal updated with stats and pic's.
    I thought it was only fitting Steve and I both contribute to this thread as all our other journals have been done together!

Looking forward to this prep and stepping onstage with the best. Must admit it's quite intimidating and I am not expecting to place well. Just want to enjoy the experience and see if I have made any changes/improvements to my physique and/or presentation.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Best of luck.You have the discipline to make a good showing.

Administrator

Good luck Ange. Will be reading your log.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by ange_d View Post
    I worked hard this year trying to build up my lower body, especially hams and glutes (of course - always my weakness).
    You're glutes are MY weakness too...

The first time one of us competes without the other since 2007! I'll admit it's kinda sad since I've always had fun doing it side by side. This time I'll be able to be hopefully the most supportive one could be and make at least part of the prep as easy as possible. Ange has a crazy ability to make prep "easy" once she's made up her mind to do it. I put easy in quotes because it's never easy. But I know part of her successes is being able to enjoy almost every minute of a prep and not focus on the end result. I can tell she's extremely pumped about competing again.

Looking forward to reading this log.
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

Super Moderator
    National Level Figure Competitor

Looking forward seeing and cheering you on in TO!!!
    “The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.”

IFBB PRO

Ok...first progress pic's! I am jealous of the way bikini competitors stand from the back, I find it so flattering on me even with fat still to lose.
    10 weeks out and finally feel on track. Been a tough week with stomach flu in our house and I had a hard time sticking to a diet, which is weird for me. I guess I needed to see results in pic's as the scale is playing mind games on me! Time to relax and let the magic start happening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1620016-1600.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	36497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1620028-1600.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	36498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1620020-1600.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	36499  

IFBB PRO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140411_112147-1600.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	36527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140411_120631-1600.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	36528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140411_120617-1600.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	36529

7 weeks out now. Feeling kinda behind. I am really not following any diet plan and probably eating too much. So, time to write out a plan. Going to start some cardio this week to jump start this last 7 weeks.
    This is a harder prep than others. My 5 year old is too old and smart now to fool or distract. He is well aware Mommy's mood is changing . This will likely be the last prep unless it miraculously becomes easier (not counting on it!). Maybe now that the spring weather is here getting outside will help us all.
    Some pic's post gym today so that I can keep track of my progress. First one I took because I found some fun lighting in the gym .

IFBB PRO

5 weeks!
    Feeling on track now...that cardio before bed and not eating too much every 3rd or 4th day did the trick, (shocking, lol).

I seem to be in a grove now. Spending a lot of time on posing and presentation.
    Not that strong anymore but Steve assures me I have more than enough muscle, so lower weight-higher reps and burning cal's up in the gym.

Can't believe only 5 weeks, time is flying by! So 5 weeks to lean up bum and ham's.
    Funny thing is that my right glute and hip is way fatter than my right, it's always been like that. So weird. Oh well, plenty of time...

I am really looking forward to this event. I think I was feeling intimidated and a little scared to be on the pro stage but now I am back in the right mindset. I can't let nerves ruin my presentation. That is the only way I will be disappointed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140424_113912-1600.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	36554  

Super Moderator

I always say as long as someone can continue to improve, there is no reason to hang up the trunks! I also say it's rare for someone to noticeably change one's shape in a year but she's going to prove me wrong once again. A lot more width in the lats to create a larger v-taper and definitely some added roundness to the glutes. Just going to see how long she can keep that fullness.

It's funny, as a bodybuilder it's easy to say figure is "easy" in the sense that they might not need to worry as much about mass, and bodybuilders need to stay full but stay shredded, etc. But I think figure is harder to get the perfect balance. You have to get lean, but you can't be striated, you have to be full, but not round, you have to stay sexy but remain classy, have perfect symmetry left to right (in my opinion symmetry is probably the most important for figure of all the physique divisions). You can't just drop water, carb up and hope for the best. In bodybuilding if you carb up too much you might lose some definition but gain size... figure, not so much, eat too much you're bloated and you're out. Eat not enough and your scrawny and look too thin, out. pump up too much and you look round - out. You basically have to try to minimize all flaws. The ones with the least flaws usually come out on top.

I'm biased, but any of what I thought were flaws in the past are now her strengths. Keep on going Ange! Under 5 weeks and I see the passion coming in full gear. Once she has her mind set, nothing stops her! We've got the flights and hotels booked, now it's just a matter of going through the motions. Best Ange to date coming to Toronto...

PS: I'm going to try to get a video together of her in the gym soon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast