CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IFBB PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ubcpower View Post
    Very interesting log. I'm really impressed you are able to compete at the elite level with youngens around. I show my female friends your log at work and they are so motivated after!
    I'm so happy to motivate others!
    Most of the time I think I'm nuts for doing this! lol

But even though I have those "crazy times" at the end of it all your family is only happy when each individual in your family is happy. Competing (even though it carries many down sides and stereotypes) makes me happy. Happy Mommy happy family!

I like the goal, the feeling of accomplishment, watching my body change, and keeping in great shape. The competitive scene is not all good but not all bad, as with anything in life. We are all only here for a very short time I say do whatever makes you happy

IFBB PRO

11 days to go....

I've had my ups and downs. Unscheduled "cheats", moodiness (poor Steve), self doubt, all those things I like to refer to as the "crazy eyes". But all is coming together. I worked this year on my legs and lats and I think it has paid off. Now just trying not to shrivel up too much in the next couple weeks then show time!!!

I love getting all dolled up for shows, I always say it feels like a wedding day!

Kids are out of the house next weekend so my final week of this prep will be kidless. That will make things easier (on them mostly, lol).
    These next 11 days will seem like forever but fly by at the same time. Before I know it it will all be over so I'll try to just enjoy these final days.
    Not changing anything too drastically. Cal's a little lower and no cheat this week. Cardio pre bed, slow 45 t0 60 minutes max.

Here's a pic from earlier today. I am very pleased with my overall shape and improvement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front 11 days-1600.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	36592  

Twirp

you look awesome , good luck at the show. you will do well !

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Updates. Ange is 3 days out and looking amazing. Better than she ever has. We had a hurdle this week which put a downer but life happens! Coles notes version: we were dropping kids off Friday for a week with my folks, but our 2 year old got really sick with a stomach thing. By Sunday things were looking up so we took both of them, but while at my folks, (3 hours from home) she took another turn for the worse and just wasn't getting better. overnight stay at emergency, bypassed all the people waiting - lost 20% bodyweight - severe dehydration. no sleep for either of us. 12 hours IV to get her fluids back up. Even after the IV it took 2 more days to even act herself in the least. Competing was looking less and less likely. Our daughter is doing better now (thank god - its been almost a week now!)

Ange was ready, and since I don't believe in last week 'magic' it ended up a minor setback. And this is why I have all the admiration for my wife in the world. On Friday when the sickness started, off was 'fitness Ange' and on was 'mommy Ange'. No late night cardio, no final week 'must-get-to-the-gym' attitude. Family first. It was great to be at my parents because we still managed to get in some workouts in while they made sure our kids were okay. We made it back to Halifax, and enjoying this little mini vacation. Ange is all smiles, and you'd never guess she was doing a show in a few days from all the energy she has. Pics of her after last nights workout, lots of water, full belly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuesday night.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	36613

Muscle Bound

Dang it seems your last week out is often abnormally hard for you guys! 20% of BW is quite something, most I've lost was 15% and it was really hard. Anyhow, Angela look awesome as always, not a dent. GL with the show!

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

go get'em Ange
    I lost 20 pounds...How? I drank bear piss and took up fencing. How the **** you think, son? I exercised.

Amateur

Sorry to hear about your daughter, glad she is better now! Best of luck at the show!

-Primal

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Update of toronto pro show. We're back and settled in. I'm sure Ange will give some closing thoughts to the thread once she gets a chance. SHe placed an amazing 8th of 28 (I think this was one of the biggest figure line ups ever). Lots of big names in this line-up, 3 girls who won a figure pro show before, a few recent USA national champs, many Canadian girls doing their figure debut, and some seasoned competitors. She could not be more pleased with the results and has had some positive feedback all around.

I think this was the best she's ever looked. The focus was to get really lean, but not overly dehydrated. Some body types can suit less lean, but those are rare - particularly at a pro show. Ange learned that once you're really lean, water doesn't stick and nothing drastic needs to be done to get 'the water out'. She carbs up all week (tuesday right through the show). Basically near double daily calories all week with calories coming half from carbs and split between protein and fat. Water was never cut (until saturday morning essentially), and sodium only marginally reduced on friday. Even with all that, by saturday morning she was really dry.

Pics I attached are a call out shot (her 2nd call out where she was moved to the middle eventually with each round of posing). Another during prejudge I think and the one in our hotel just before night show.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014053.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	36630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hyve9azy.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	36631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_D8X0117.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	36632

Muscle Bound

Congrats!

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

IDFA Bodybuilding Competitor

Awesome. Congratulations!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast