CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Default How to get TRT prescribed in Montreal?

Hi,

I suspected low test for like a year, but wasn't able measure my test levels as the doctors didn't think I had low test so didn't request it.

I just did a test level check at algopharm and got the result yesterday which actually pays you to do so, and my result was 21ng/ml (210 ng/dl ?). I think she said also 2.1 nmole/L?

In any case, this is pretty low, right? How can I use this result to get a doctor to get me on TRT or a similar treatment?

The 2 doctors I have talked to before checking my test levels in the walk-in clinic were pretty anti-testosterone, that they didn't give me a chance to even measure it and told me that I have high test. They only requested thyroid, hepatitis, etc, not test despite me asking many times to them. These didn't show any problems from the blood work.

Also the last walk-in doctor I talked to told me how older men should suffer the consequences because that's what the nature intended to be so it's not "right" for say a 50 yo to have the same quality of life as a teen. I am in my 20s but this showed his stance on the issue basically.

I don't have a family doctor. How can I do something about it so that I don't have my health ruined because of the sheer ignorance of some doctors.

Thanks.

National Level Bodybuilder

To get TRT prescribed in your twenty's will be a battle. Get blood work done..you will need to specify other tests then what is normally done ie free test and compare the lab results to what is considered normal for a male your age...ie the lab should actually show whether you are in range or not...do you have the results in hand? If not ask for them...legally they are yours. Even if you are low the Dr will most likely refer you to an endocrinologist and let him decide.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Twirp

Thanks. But that's the thing, I am not able to get blood work for test. The doctors say (2) your test is high without any measurement even when I mentioned low test symptoms. When the private clinic called me about my test level, I asked and they said I can get the results on paper if I pay $20. If I go with those papers, can I use them as irrefutable evidence to be referred to an endo in a walk in clinic?
    Last edited by lachdanan; 05-07-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Not sure what you mean by not able to get blood work for test...any and all blood work is available even if a your DR wont give you a rec you can pay for it and get it done and have the results in hand which can be used with any other DR. If yours isnt being cooperative go to someone else.

P
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*

Twirp

Thanks that's what I meant. The doctors I see at the walk-in clinic didn't allow me to get my test levels checked. They said no. I already have the test values from a blood work I did at the above clinic I mentioned. But how can I use this to get a referral to another doctor like an endo? If I just bring the paper, do you think the doctor would be like ok that seems low, and refer to me to an endo? I am pretty sure he might just say that's not high but still in the healthy range.

If I just show up at an endo office, I think they need referral like:
    http://www.jgh.ca/en/Endocrinology

Twirp

Why doesn't my reply show up?

Twirp

Ok reposting as my previous reply said "needs to be approved by a mod"...

Basically I asked for it but they didn't let me. Even a nurse told me how expensive these tests are so they can't just do any tests you want. Sad but true. They don't seem to care much about prevention.

I can do it in a private clinic which I did, but can I use this result back in a walk-in clinic to get further help? Like depending on the value, since it's low, maybe he would either do one himself, or send me to an endo? That is all I need.

Blood work is the same it doesnt have to come from a rec from a specific Dr...its still the same test and usually lab however it could be a different lab but they are all fine. The DR is the one that will either decide to give you a script for it or refer you to an endo....so you may have to go to a different doc.

P