CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Muscle Bound

Week #7. 184.0lbs, so -1.6lbs bumped morning walk from 50 min to 70min.

Also began to take calcium, since there is no dairies in the keto diet and very few calcium source overall, I just 'flashed' me how important it is to have calcium since it's involved in every muscular contraction. At first sight, the 2-3 last training were much better the usual, strength and energy wise. But it could also be DAA, it also make a difference for me, but not for long, it help for a week then goes back to normal, so I will take DAA for 5-7 days only per month.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Muscle Bound

Week #8: 183.8lbs ouuuuh big deal I lost 0.2lbs. A little reward for all the discipline it requires to eat a diet that leave you hungry and do the extra walking in addition to the training. I do not mind the effort, but it's disappointing when you do not have results expected.

Upping the walk +20 min per day, so 90 min. split in 2.

Plan to cheat over the course of ~4 hours instead of 1 hrs so I can't fit in more calories.

Eric
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Muscle Bound

Week #9: 183.6lbs -0.2lbs again. Time to party! lol Last cheat meal/day made me so sick, I could not eat for the 2-3 next days (was on protein shake, here and there) it turned into fever, so I just train and walked one day of the last week. I'm good now, so if my cheats don't make me sick again this night I should resume normal walking and training this week, so no adjustment for this week since I did barely nothing.

Eric

Amateur

You should try my weight gain program, Eric. I go to The Mandarin and gain 8 lbs. in 1 day!

Muscle Bound

Quote Originally Posted by scottlove View Post
    You should try my weight gain program, Eric. I go to The Mandarin and gain 8 lbs. in 1 day!
    When I was young I was eating a lot, now it seems as I get older, I can't do this anymore.

Eric

Muscle Bound

Week #10, 182.4lbs a 1.2lbs loss, +20 min walk per day.

Week #11 179.4lbs a 3.0lbs loss, no change (yes).

Being sick after cheat meal every week, heavy cramps/pain in the belly, fever, pain everywhere like a cold, etc.. I miss a lot of training/walk. I train 2-3 times a week, feel very weak, even walking is tough.

It's clearly that it's not only eating junk food that produce a fever and all the pain every week, I suspect something I eat that I react too, next cheat day I will see if my theory is valid.

I've shrunk a lot. Now I'm pretty much the same weight as last year when I finished my diet, but to my eyes I seems fatter then I was last year. I will post some pictures for comparison soon, when I'll feel better/have more time.

Eric

Muscle Bound

Week #12, 178.0lbs, a 1.4lbs loss, I will not do any change since I did not train neither walked this week. Being sick 4 week in a row really drained me, I pretty much stayed in bed all week. At least, I've discovered what was the cause of me getting sick, so I've had a cheat day yesterday without being sick (thank God), having fever and all the sh!t it comes with, I'm guessing it will give a break to my body and I'll be able I hope to go train and walk this week but not sure how it will go, still feel very sluggish.

Eric

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Week #12, 178.0lbs, a 1.4lbs loss, I will not do any change since I did not train neither walked this week. Being sick 4 week in a row really drained me, I pretty much stayed in bed all week. At least, I've discovered what was the cause of me getting sick, so I've had a cheat day yesterday without being sick (thank God), having fever and all the sh!t it comes with, I'm guessing it will give a break to my body and I'll be able I hope to go train and walk this week but not sure how it will go, still feel very sluggish.

Eric
    Just got over a fever a couple.

Hope you feel better now.

Muscle Bound

Thanks, actually can't train yet, I'm super tired, no energy. So I took a another week off. I think I'm pushing too much my body.

Over the last 60 weeks, I've dieted 32 of them.

Eric

Muscle Bound

Update.

I took a month off (trained once or twice), I really needed some time off, too many injuries and pushed way too much my body. When I started back, I decided to train more like a bodybuilder, with shorter pause between sets aiming for a good pump, not caring as much with the weight I use, incorporated more 'easier exercise' like machine and some isolation work, instead of only doing compound and neural demanding exercises. Seeking strength at this level of my life is not best, I'm not 20 or 30 anymore. Also I was really tired of fighting to get stronger and always make 2 steps ahead and 3 backwards.

Even though I'm still having a huge drop in strength (having 1min pause between sets instead of 4-5min make it even worse) I enjoy much more my training now, not as mentally demanding, articulations suffer less, have good pump feeling and it seems I'm getting some volume back.

I also train at a new gym with MUCH MORE and MUCH BETTER equipment vs GL gyms. I now have access to a GHR, flat hyper extension, old school hack squat, standing calf raise (yup none at my GL), pull over machine (first time I do this since the 80s), a machine that allow cross-over for the chest (not those that the handles are 5' apart), curl station (no need for a bench/squat barbell if I want to go over 110lbs), Atlantis machine, DBs up to 150lbs (no need to bring my duct tape anymore), ETC... Even though there is 11,000 members there, it always seems empty at any time.

I also train and eat more 'intuitively' like Steve recommended, I try to go with 3 working day on / 1 off, but I often throw 1 day off here and there. I eat when I'm hungry and not if I'm not hungry. I eat mostly fat and proteins during the day, for the carbs I take like before: some just before training and while I train and in the meal after the training. But I go with how I feel (but not stupid).

I'm still ~180lbs, pretty much as lean as 3 months ago.

My training look like this for now:

Day1
    A1 Close-grip BP 4x
    A2 Curl BB (EZ) 4x
    B1 Dips (4x)
    B2 Hammer curls 4x
    C1 Triceps extension seated on a machine 4x
    C2 Curl seated on a machine 4x

Day2
    Bench press DB incline 4x
    Chest press machine 4x
    Cross-over 4x
    Pullover machine 4x
    Close-grip pulldowns 4x
    Face pull 4x

Day 3
    Leg curls 3x (easy)
    Front squats 6-10x *
    GHR 4x
    Standing calf raise 4x

Day 4 Off

* I do the 185 reps squat workout (https://www.t-nation.com/training/185-rep-squat-workout) but with front squats, very humbling experience especially the last set of 30 reps.

No more regular bench press for now.

Since I move, I do not walk as much and I have to take my car to go to the gym now.

My son re-started to train with me, he seems more serious now.

That's pretty much it.

Eric

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234