CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Default Supplements for Type 1 Diabetic

Hello Folks

Just looking for some guidance and opinions on any sort of supplements are are more Type 1 Diabetic friendly? I am just getting back into the scene and I have some hard work ahead of me given I am 5'11, 236lbs at 23.2% body fat. Given, I have had a time getting any sort of response to supplements that are diabetic friendly I was hoping to find some information here.

My primary goal is to shed about 28lbs and put on 8lbs of muscle - so I am looking for meal replacement and supplements that will help. Most of the people I know who compete have made recommendations, however not sure looking at ECA stacks, Clen etc are diabetic friendly - but would like to get some addition input.

Any help would be great or recommendations on supplements I can do some research on would be fantastic.

Cheers

National Level Bodybuilder

Clen and ECA are not really supplements they are drugs. Protein and creatine are probably the most common supps to use while trying to drop fat. After that a good diet is your best friend along with low intensity cardio. Also you arent going to lose 28lbs and gain 8lbs at the same time...if you can drop 28 then change your diet and start to add lean muscle you will be on the right track.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Twirp

Firstly you need to address your diabetes. I was type 2. Dr's wanted to put me on metformin then I read you could reverse diabetes with food. That is exactly what I did. You need to realize fake food or dead food is toxic to your body. Remove all processed foods from your diet. Start your day with warm water with lemon. My breakfast; Goats milk yogurt, cinnamon, hemp seed, flax seed, chia seeds followed up with a real celery juice and apple. It is a lot of work but there is a chance to rehabilitate your pancreas. Stay away from milk its poison. Humans cannot digest milk protein's efficiently. Goats is superior. Bread also poison. Be very selective if you eat it. You want your body to be at a 7.0 PH. Once you are alkaline you will build more lean muscle and lose fat. If you cannot pronounce it don't eat it. As for supplements they are just like an Advil, they will destroy your liver over time. If you must use a supplement VEGA is one of the few a would recommend. 1 Can of sardines is more anabolic and nutritious than any supplement at GNC.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by openlab View Post
    Firstly you need to address your diabetes. I was type 2. Dr's wanted to put me on metformin then I read you could reverse diabetes with food. That is exactly what I did. You need to realize fake food or dead food is toxic to your body. Remove all processed foods from your diet. Start your day with warm water with lemon. My breakfast; Goats milk yogurt, cinnamon, hemp seed, flax seed, chia seeds followed up with a real celery juice and apple. It is a lot of work but there is a chance to rehabilitate your pancreas. Stay away from milk its poison. Humans cannot digest milk protein's efficiently. Goats is superior. Bread also poison. Be very selective if you eat it. You want your body to be at a 7.0 PH. Once you are alkaline you will build more lean muscle and lose fat. If you cannot pronounce it don't eat it. As for supplements they are just like an Advil, they will destroy your liver over time. If you must use a supplement VEGA is one of the few a would recommend. 1 Can of sardines is more anabolic and nutritious than any supplement at GNC.
    OP has type 1 diabetes aka insulin dependent, that's not going away or going to be reversed. That's caused by genetics.

I would seriously speak to an endocrinologist before you take anything. Diabetes is pretty manageable but things can go bad real quick if you mess around.