CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Default Extremely Low Testosterone + E. Any good docs in Markham or Toronto? Suffering for Years.

Hello, I am new here. My first post. My name is Alex. I am 31 and from Thornhill Ontario (near toronto). Any doctors to recommend? I am having a really tough time with this. Previously two endos refused to help me in any shape or form.

May 25th 2015 blood test:
    Testosterone Total: 2.3 nmol/L range: 8 - 32
    SHBG 34 nmol/L range: 11-78
    Testosterone, Bioavailable (calc): 1.0 nmol/L range: 4-17
    Estradiol: <37 pmol/L range: 40-162

My results I think speak for themselves. I have extremely low motivation, energy, extremely poor irritable mood, depressed, low libido, much brain fog and poor memory. Reoccuring infections and inflammation. Body chills. Very dark circles under eyes and very unhealthy looking face. Low cortisol (adrenal fatigue) is also suspected as previous test results would indicate it.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated! I am really desperate at this point. The past year has largely gone to waste and it feels like this summer will as well.

I see my family doctor tomorrow and I know for a fact she will not give me anything. I need a doctor to suggest to her for referral. Please please help. I desperately want to get my life back on track and I have been suffering for YEARS. Endless SSRIs seem to be the only treatment plan from these horrible so called ''doctors'' I have experienced.

Twirp

Dr. Del Pozo. Located in Toronto. He is also my GP and he has a large patient base that he evaluates and will see if you are a candidate for HRT. I hope this helps.

Twirp

Thank you for the suggestion! He has some really bad reviews on a doctor rating site, such as him being old and losing his way, + very long wait times. But anything is worth considering at this point. I been trying to find some younger more new generation type doctors since my experience with every doctor north of 40 has been a disaster with only one exception. But I may need to consider anyone at this point.

I am seeing my old family doctor tomorrow (whom I will have to change later) even though I don't want to be there as I am feeling very terrible today unlike few days ago. Gladly I am getting a ride. I am trying to get an endo or urologist right now as my current family doctor will not be able to offer me anything other than that and if I am lucky she will agree to a few tests.

After that I will try to get a new family doctor in the coming weeks when I feel I can handle it. My brain fog and stress are coming back and it's difficult to manage let alone communicate with people.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by adam009999toronto View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion! He has some really bad reviews on a doctor rating site, such as him being old and losing his way, + very long wait times. But anything is worth considering at this point. I been trying to find some younger more new generation type doctors since my experience with every doctor north of 40 has been a disaster with only one exception. But I may need to consider anyone at this point.

I am seeing my old family doctor tomorrow (whom I will have to change later) even though I don't want to be there as I am feeling very terrible today unlike few days ago. Gladly I am getting a ride. I am trying to get an endo or urologist right now as my current family doctor will not be able to offer me anything other than that and if I am lucky she will agree to a few tests.

After that I will try to get a new family doctor in the coming weeks when I feel I can handle it. My brain fog and stress are coming back and it's difficult to manage let alone communicate with people.
    As mentioned in the other thread, you really should be seeing an endo. You didn't talk too much about why you think you have low test. Low test can perhaps be easily treated, however it is often not a condition, but a symptom of a whole wide range of things. Not always is treating the symptom the best way to go about 'fixing' the problem. This is why I say your doc shouldn't be treating those symptoms. An endo would be better able to handle this issue.

Being that this is a bodybuidling website, have you taken any supplements lately? Not necessarily AAS - but many things marketted as 'legal steroid alternatives' can screw up your test levels.
    Last edited by steve_d; 05-06-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Twirp

I can attest to the long wait times. That being said, he was the one that diagnosed me and got me on HRT. Nobody else took the time. I hope you get the treatment you need. It was a complete 180 in the quality of life. For me at least. Push forward and get the answers you deserve. Cheers.

Wannabe

Aside from the hormonal issues that you are obviously suffering from, what is your diet/lifestyle like otherwise? Under eating? Underweight? Undersleeping/Overtraining etc?