CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM

Thread: Crrounnnch ?

Muscle Bound

Default Crrounnnch ?

That what I heard (heard, not felt) in my shoulder when I was doing close-grip BP... since then I have some pain in the shoulder, what is weird is that the pain will show up most when I'm inactive, like sitting or sleeping, but if I'm active/moving I don't feel the pain, so I have to keep myself busy so I don't feel the pain, I can train on it, but if I train the pain gets greater when I'm not moving, so it seems to aggravate, so I have to keep moving, but not too hard, so I've done almost every chore I could find to do around the house, lol.

A tendinitis is exactly the contrary, it hurts when you move, so you have to restrain from moving.

Any idea what it would be ?

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

National Level Bodybuilder

Could have been a tendon or ligament being stained. I would really suggest an ultrasound to check out the integrity of the joint...i had the same thing and eventually the bicep tore off the origin.

Dont wait...have it looked at/

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

Ok thanks!

Eric
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Muscle Bound

It seems I tore the labrum, doctor says he does not thing I will need surgery and I'm still waiting the hospital to call for a magnetic resonance.

Eric

Muscle Bound

Got my MRI result, labrum and bicep tendon are ok (Thank God), I asked why then I heard this ripping sound, had (and still have) pain and still limited in what I can do with this arm. He said 'I don't know, go to physio'. I took the report and from what I see everything is fine, a few things, but nothing serious:

Report says I have:

-Mild subscapularis tendinosis
    -Mild supraspinatus tendinosis
    -Mild infraspinatus tendinosis
    -Subchondral marrow edema
    -Tiny Subchondral cyst
    -The undersurface of the acrominion is flat
    -Mild fraying of supraspinatus tendon
    -Mild fatty infiltration of teres minor (darn cookies)
    -Excess fluid within the bicep tendon
    -Small quantity of fibrous material within the bicep tendon that raise the possibility of tenosynovitis
    -A torn redundant middle glenohumeral ligament
    -Small subchondrial cyst formation in the posterolateral humeral head
    -Small glenohumeral joint effusion
    -Synovial thickening superiorly, suggesting synovitis

That is after 2 months of being very smooth in the gym.

15 years of pressing seems to take a toll...

I'm only doing machines for the upperbody since the last 3 months, more sarcoplasmic training, higher reps, lighter weights, shorter pause... the response is good so far, did not loose mass. Strength is probably down the drain, but considering the state of this shoulder + all other articulations that are not super happy, I think at my age (46) I'll focus more on this type of training instead of the powerbuilding type of training I was doing, not sure If I will drop forever the bench, chins, dips, etc.. time will tell, but I don't see myself being able to do this in the near future.

Eric

Muscle Bound

Basically you have a F.U. Rotator cuff, some growth and resurfacing of the bones and issues with the fluid on it, too much/ too thick
    My non asked opinion to train around it: ditch the machines, work with dumbbells, slower eccentric, no full ROM yet.
    See a smart therapist and you may be able to have a lot of progress/get assymptomatic.
    Get well soon
    Last edited by warlock; 11-09-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Muscle Bound

Thanks warlock, I always welcome advices!! For now (pressing) machines seems to be the only thing working, I've tried dumbbells press light & slow with only 80lbs (I was usually taking 120lbs) and it hurts, fly DBs or machine hurt too, slow bodyweight dips (I use to add 100lbs) and cannot reach 90 degree without pain for now. Pretty much everything I tried outside a few selected machines hurts. The other day I was feeling very well and I tried the pullover machine, 6 plates of 45lbs for 10 slow reps and I didn't felt any pain, I was really happy, but then the night came and it began to hurt/ wake me up, at least pain went away 2 days later.

Good news is that I barely feel any pain all day (and night) long, if I stick with machines, so I give a little more on the legs.

For now my training is pretty simple, I train the whole body 3 times a week, I squat 3 times a week + hack-squat + GHR and calf work and then I do 1 or 2 machines for the chest (3x10 each), 1-2 machines for back (3x10-12) and same for arms 1-2 machines for biceps and triceps (2-3 x 10-12). All slow and precise, squeeze and all. I do more or less depending how I feel that day (1 or 2 machines). No shoulder work.

Eric

Twirp

I am facing the same problem. when I was training for my shoulder. but now its getting batter with the time. even I did not consult a doctor.. but unconsciously I was doing as warlock is suggesting you. anyhow now I will completely follow him

Twirp

you should have more training for a time period. then you will feel good.