CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Twirp

Default Am I a candidate for HRT?

Hi guys,

I'm 31 years old and just went for a full bloodwork panel (awaiting results). The last bloodwork I did was in Dec. 2015 which showed:

Bioavailable test: 4.2 (range of 1.6 - 13.2)
    Prolactin: 20 (range below 18)

At the time, I was sent for an MRI to see if I had a tumor in my pituitary causing the high prolactin. That came back negative so no tumor found.

Over the past year, I've made every lifestyle change possible including:
    - Focusing on testosterone-enhancing food (grass-fed steak, wild salmon, brocolli, eggs, grass-fed butter, avocados, eliminating any sugar / starchy foods (had very little to begin with)
    - Shooting for 8 hours of sleep and consistently hitting 7 hours high quality
    - Compound lifts in the gym (squats, deadlifts, etc)
    - Supplementing with magnesium, zinc, vitamin D, vitmain C, garlic, tumeric, cayenne, chloine, B vitamins)

Despite the above, the same symptoms I had in 2015 (low libido, low energy, difficulty putting on add'l muscle, poor erection quality) have not gone away.

A doctor recently gave me androgel to try out for a month (I'm on day 2 of trying it), but that sparked me to look into the idea of HRT. At age 31 and after having suffered these symptoms since my 20s, I am really considering taking the plunge (well aware that I would likely have to stay on it for life). But I think it would be better than the alternative of status quo.

I know it may be premature to ask, but let's say my bloodwork hasn;t changed much and I'm still at the low end of normal. Do you think I would be a candidate for HRT or am I likely to be booted out from doctor's offices? I was going to go specifically to an anti-aging clinic that specializes in HRT and supposedly has a really open-minded and knowledgeable doc.

Thanks.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 310717970 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm 31 years old and just went for a full bloodwork panel (awaiting results). The last bloodwork I did was in Dec. 2015 which showed:

Bioavailable test: 4.2 (range of 1.6 - 13.2)
    Prolactin: 20 (range below 18)

At the time, I was sent for an MRI to see if I had a tumor in my pituitary causing the high prolactin. That came back negative so no tumor found.

Over the past year, I've made every lifestyle change possible including:
    - Focusing on testosterone-enhancing food (grass-fed steak, wild salmon, brocolli, eggs, grass-fed butter, avocados, eliminating any sugar / starchy foods (had very little to begin with)
    - Shooting for 8 hours of sleep and consistently hitting 7 hours high quality
    - Compound lifts in the gym (squats, deadlifts, etc)
    - Supplementing with magnesium, zinc, vitamin D, vitmain C, garlic, tumeric, cayenne, chloine, B vitamins)

Despite the above, the same symptoms I had in 2015 (low libido, low energy, difficulty putting on add'l muscle, poor erection quality) have not gone away.

A doctor recently gave me androgel to try out for a month (I'm on day 2 of trying it), but that sparked me to look into the idea of HRT. At age 31 and after having suffered these symptoms since my 20s, I am really considering taking the plunge (well aware that I would likely have to stay on it for life). But I think it would be better than the alternative of status quo.

I know it may be premature to ask, but let's say my bloodwork hasn;t changed much and I'm still at the low end of normal. Do you think I would be a candidate for HRT or am I likely to be booted out from doctor's offices? I was going to go specifically to an anti-aging clinic that specializes in HRT and supposedly has a really open-minded and knowledgeable doc.

Thanks.
    Go to the clinic.

National Level Bodybuilder

Agreed!

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**