CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    waderow

Exclamation Subcutaneously administered steroids

There has been a lot of discussion about sub q steroids shots for years now, but nobody ever want to stray from the herd. Some big juicer says it doesn't work, and everyone takes it as gospel.
    There is no question that it will work. Is it going to get absorbed into your body or not? Answer is it will, but MAYBE not as fast. This will not matter though provided you stick with it. Blood levels will build to a stable level after a couple weeks.

================================================== =

Subcutaneous Administration of Testosterone
    These two articles shows that subc injections of AAS are quite viable alternative for IM injections.

Quote:
    STABLE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ACHIEVED
    WITH SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE
    INJECTIONS

M.B. Greenspan, C.M. Chang
    Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McMaster University,
    Hamilton, ON, Canada

Objectives: The preferred technique of androgen replacement has been intramuscular (IM) testosterone, but wide variations in testosterone levels are often seen. Subcutaneous
    (SC) testosterone injection is a novel approach; however, its physiological effects are unclear.

We therefore investigated the sustainability of stable testosterone levels using
    SC therapy.

Patients and methods: Between May and September 2005, we conducted a small pilot study involving 10 male patients with symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism. Every patient had been stable on TE 200 mg IM for 41 year. Patients were instructed to self-inject with
    testosterone enanthate (TE) 100 mg SC (DELATESTRYL 200 mg/cc, Theramed Corp, Canada) into the anterior abdomen once weekly. Some patients were down-titrated to 50 mg based on their total testosterone (T) at 4 weeks. Informed consent was obtained as SC testosterone administration is not officially approved by Health Canada. T levels were measured before and 24 hours after injection during weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 96 hours after injection in week 6 and 8. At week 12, PSA, CBC, and T levels were measured however; the week 12 data are still being collected. Results: Prior to initiation of SC therapy, T was 19.14+3.48 nmol/l, hemoglobin 15.8+1.3 g/dl, hematocrit 0.47+0.02, and PSA 1.05+0.65 ng/ml. During the first 4 weeks, there was a steady increase in pre-injection T from 19.14+3.48 to 23.89+9.15 nmol/l (p¼0.1). However, after 8 weeks the post-injection T (25.77+7.67 nmol/l) remained similar to that of week 1 (27.46+12.91 nmol/l).

Patients tolerated this therapy with no adverse effects.

Conclusions: A once-week SC injection of 50–100 mg of TE appears to achieve sustainable and stable levels of physiological T. This technique offers fewer physician visits and the use of smaller quantity of medication, thus lower costs. However, the long term clinical and physiological effects of this therapy need further evaluation.

Quote:
    Saudi Med J. 2006 Dec;27(12):1843-6

Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report.

Al-Futaisi AM, Al-Zakwani IS, Almahrezi AM, Morris D.
    Department of Medicine, College of Medicine & Health Sciences, PO Box 35, Postal Code 123, Al-Khod, Sultanate of Oman. Tel. +968 99475401. Tel/Fax. +968 24413419. E-mail: alfutaisi@squ.edu.om.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low doses of subcutaneous testosterone in hypogonadal men since the intramuscular route, which is the most widely used form of testosterone replacement therapy, is inconvenient to many patients.

METHODS: All men with primary and secondary hypogonadism attending the reproductive endocrine clinic at Royal Victoria Hospital, Monteral, Quebec, Canada, were invited to participate in the study.

Subjects were enrolled from January 2002 till December 2002. Patients were asked to self-administer weekly low doses of testosterone enanthate using 0.5 ml insulin syringe. RESULTS: A total of 22 patients were enrolled in the study. The mean trough was 14.48 +/- 3.14 nmol/L and peak total testosterone was 21.65 +/- 7.32 nmol/L. For the free testosterone the average trough was 59.94 +/- 20.60 pmol/L and the peak was 85.17 +/- 32.88 pmol/L. All of the patients delivered testosterone with ease and no local reactions were reported.

CONCLUSION: Therapy with weekly subcutaneous testosterone produced serum levels that were within the normal range in 100% of patients for both peak and trough levels. This is the first report, which demonstrated the efficacy of delivering weekly testosterone using this cheap, safe, and less painful subcutaneous route.

waderow

Today, in addition to my 1cc tesp prop, 1cc masteron, and 1 cc tren, I injected subcutaneously an additional 1/2 cc of Test Prop.

I want to test:

1. Is it going to irritate? welt? form oil pocket?
    2. Will it work?

Now without blood work, it will be hard for me to test if it is working or not. All i can do is subjectively comment on if i can feel it or not. Perhaps a little boost in libido? I don't know but we will see.

Long story short, is I am 100% positive it will be entering my blood stream, so the real question is answering the points in #1

canadianmuscle0803

shooting oil subq just doesn't sound right to me.. maybe you can be the test subject and try this out and get back to us, k thanks.

waderow

The initial sub q injection was painless, and in fact.......a pleasure.

took me about a minute to draw, and about 30 seconds to inject.

nothing to comment on regarding pain or irritation or colour.

Injection was at beltline on belly

waderow

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmuscle0803 View Post
    shooting oil subq just doesn't sound right to me.. maybe you can be the test subject and try this out and get back to us, k thanks.
    it doesn't "seem" right. why is that? HRT doctors are prescribing sub q oil injections now.

And i do not think you read anything I wrote, as I am being your guinea pig
    Last edited by waderow; 15-01-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by waderow View Post
    Today, in addition to my 1cc tesp prop, 1cc masteron, and 1 cc tren, I injected subcutaneously an additional 1/2 cc of Test Prop.

I want to test:

1. Is it going to irritate? welt? form oil pocket?
    2. Will it work?

Now without blood work, it will be hard for me to test if it is working or not. All i can do is subjectively comment on if i can feel it or not. Perhaps a little boost in libido? I don't know but we will see.

Long story short, is I am 100% positive it will be entering my blood stream, so the real question is answering the points in #1
    way to step up the plate my man LOL personally i already get irritation + oil pockets from intramuscular hehe and all my missed shots def give me that when it goes sub q. *thread subscribed*

waderow

it is a general concensus not to exceed 1/2 cc per shot, and space shots a couple inches apart.

tex

i'm up for it. feeling like a pin cushion after 10 weeks of daily im injects.....

Muscle Bound

Way to go with being the guinea pig! I'm more worried about abscesses but not taking stuff through international airports (no way into the US though).
    Say no to EO!

waderow

i also want to say that I am injection TRUE sub Q. Meaning, I am pulling skin, and injecting below the skin/fat layer between fat and muscle.

Injecting into fat may differ

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast