CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Twirp

Default Cut water or not cut water?

I am competing in my second show in 11 days. Last time I cut water the last week to where on the Friday I was just sipping. On stage I felt a bit flat.

I am reading more and more how naturals dont really need to cut much water maybe just a bit but not drastic. What about taking a diuretic on the friday with a couple liters of water?

Here is a pic of my abs as they are now

To me I dont think I am holding much water as it is. Any thoughts?

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Don't take a diuretic, don't manipulate water. Just leave everything alone. Muscles are something like 70% water, it has to come from somewhere. TRUST!

Twirp

I just read this article:

http://www.californianaturalmuscle.o...One%20Peak.htm

Seems to make allot of sense. Currently I am doing low carb for 3 days and than a re carb day on the 4th day. I am thinking of just keeping this schedule right to show day. I look better now than when I stepped on stage last year so why would I risk anything by doing anything drastic right? My last carb up day would fall 2 days before the show, the Thursday. I am thinking if on Friday night I look a bit flat I might just eat some sweet potato. Not much just enough. Also about 45 mins before the pre judging in the morning I would also eat some sweet potato if looking a bit flat. Does this make sense? I will not add or deplete my sodium, I will continue to just take the same amount of water in everyday. I will also workout on the Friday before the show. I mean why not its what I have been doing all along and seems to be working. On the last week I would just keep it lighter to not overpump the muscles.

Does this sound right?

Everyone is different so I won't be the judge of what's right or isn't. It should be fairly instinctual. One suggestion that I found helpful is don't train your legs the week leading up to the show. Or at least give them 3-4 days. Otherwise it seems to effect conditioning.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by o_Hurley View Post
    Everyone is different so I won't be the judge of what's right or isn't. It should be fairly instinctual. One suggestion that I found helpful is don't train your legs the week leading up to the show. Or at least give them 3-4 days. Otherwise it seems to effect conditioning.
    Ya I am thinking my last leg workout will be Monday. I know that after a leg workout your legs are so full and not cut so they need more time to settle down. That one is a pretty common practice by all BB'ers. I will just be very vigilant in watching my body. If I feel I need a bit more carbs I will eat them. The last two days will be critical.

I wouldnt workout on Friday after carbing up your just going to deplete the muscle glycogen you just filled up.

What would be your reasoning of carbing up and finishing 2 days before contest day?
    Truenutrition.com ---> where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    5% discount code for Canadians---> CANADABB

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyO View Post
    I wouldnt workout on Friday after carbing up your just going to deplete the muscle glycogen you just filled up.

What would be your reasoning of carbing up and finishing 2 days before contest day?
    Good point. Last time I did the water depletion so I am just working on a new plan that will not include any of those drastic measures. I think you make a great point about depleting the glycogen levels. I will include this in my plan thanks for the tip.

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalBodybuilder View Post
    I am competing in my second show in 11 days. Last time I cut water the last week to where on the Friday I was just sipping. On stage I felt a bit flat.

I am reading more and more how naturals dont really need to cut much water maybe just a bit but not drastic. What about taking a diuretic on the friday with a couple liters of water?

Here is a pic of my abs as they are now

To me I dont think I am holding much water as it is. Any thoughts?
    You look very dry. As a natural competitor you will retain much less water than an enhanced competitor. For this reason do not use a pharm diuretic it will pull much too much water and you will be flat come saturday morning. Keep drinking water friday like usual just stop drinking at 8 pm. You also have to watch how much carbs you intake if you plan on carbing up...you do not want to pill over so i would suggest keeping carb intake to thursday and friday only approx 30g per meal. Keep sodium normal until Friday then eliminate any additional sodium...whatever is naturally present in food ie eggs etc is fine.
    Make sure if/when you carb up thursday and friday you also eat fats....you cannot carb correctly without them.

As for training your last leg workout shoudl be saturday or sunday a week out...just a regular leg workout ie squats etc. Then train the entire upper body split over mon-tues-wed....thursday and friday you rest, no cardio, no training. You cannot load if you are training...and you will blur your lines if you do.
    P
    Last edited by Praetorian; 17-06-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Twirp

If you have cut to make a weight class, i wouldn`t carb load until after weigh in. at weigh in i`ll be under 154, by 9am the next morning i`ll be 160 garanteed to be a big light weight
    Last edited by baldsamson; 22-06-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by baldsamson View Post
    If you have cut to make a weight class, i wouldn`t carb load until after weigh in. at weigh in i`ll be under 154, by 9am the next morning i`ll be 160 garanteed to be a big light weight
    Ya thats what I plan on doing. Weigh ins on Friday are at 6pm and I will be bringing some sweet potato with me to eat after the weigh in as well as some chicken. The drive home is an hour so I can munch on that while I drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast