CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Powerlifter

**** genetics.

There is only hard work, dedication, and patience.

You have to train, eat, repeat, for years.

Wannabe

imagine it takes years to build a contest worthy physique using gear just imagine doing it natural from the start

Bodybuilding Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Vanco View Post
    **** genetics.

There is only hard work, dedication, and patience.

You have to train, eat, repeat, for years.
    100% agree. It's a sport of consistency and patience.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ianfxmen View Post
    imagine it takes years to build a contest worthy physique using gear just imagine doing it natural from the start
    It takes years to develop muscle. A contest worth physique is something you are born with. It sucks but it's true.

IFBB PRO

I think I have good genetics maybe not amazing but very good for sure. I was a really strong kid out benching all the grade 12 kids when I was in grade 9. I started training at 10 naturally for years. At 5 foot 6 1/2 I was able to compete over 170 without anything. I dont think I could get any bigger then I was at last years tested nationals no matter what. I figure there a better guys out there that could have goten maybe to 185 at my heigh completely natural but as steve said those with the best genetics rarely stay natural for ery long. Not many guys have the will power to stay natural after say 10 years of competing. At 5 11 maybe add on 30 lbs tops to that so 215 I think tops at say 5% bodyfat. At 5 11 at 215 with 5% bodyfat u would absolyutely destroy the best natural bodybuilders in canada and likely do ok at the non tested nationals.
    Kei green was in no way natural at 230, 198 sure 230 no way. if he was 230 clean hed be 300 by now on stage.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

When I point to genetics I'm mostly talking about muscle bellies, attachments, shape and symmetry. While strength potential is certainly genetically limited the potential is generally significantly higher than most people ever achieve in their training. Greg as a competitive power lifter and a bodybuilder is likely closer to being the exception than the rule. BUT...

Muscle mass and strength both take 5 years to get to good (80%) with proper training and the last (20%) takes another 10 years. At 20 there's simply no way that you've got 15 years of effective training under your belt.

An uninjured undrugged strength athlete should hit his stride in his mid twenties and peak in his mid thirties. Drugs should push this into the early 40's.

National Level Bodybuilder

I've been training for about 6 years now and I hope I havnt met my genetic potential yet as my training has only gotten really serious in the past 2 years and I'm just now startting to really know how to train and eat and be consistant. I hope I can still make some serious gains over the next few years but I'm only 19

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

At 19 you haven't even finished growing.

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by tiramisu View Post
    At 19 you haven't even finished growing.
    Yeah I'm probably still considered a baby in bbing to most of you guys on here lol Im 5'11 at 195-198 right now and still have 4-5 abs showing. Last year at the same weight I was faat. Shows how much diet and training can bring you. Especially this time last year I was eating everything in sight to maintain my weight upwards of 6000 calories per day. Now I eat in the range of 3000 cals all from clean food with lots of veggies and look much better. Metabolism change?

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by btufts View Post
    Yeah I'm probably still considered a baby in bbing to most of you guys on here lol Im 5'11 at 195-198 right now and still have 4-5 abs showing. Last year at the same weight I was faat. Shows how much diet and training can bring you. Especially this time last year I was eating everything in sight to maintain my weight upwards of 6000 calories per day. Now I eat in the range of 3000 cals all from clean food with lots of veggies and look much better. Metabolism change?
    Probably just reaching the point of grown. I wasn't kidding about still growing at 19. Keep up the good work. The muscle will go on a lot easier once your body is done growing. .... and I hate you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345