CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by legaliz3 View Post
    i belive if you're gonna be natural you have no place using supplements... food and water...thats what natural means to me...

also training w/out creatine sucks ass... props to all the guys who can do it
    What? Only food and water? And yes training without creatine sucks ass...
    If consumer magazine claims to know what consumers want, how come they`re still a magazine?

National Level Bodybuilding Competitor

this kinda got me thinking...
    I consider myself Natural, however, in a natural setting, giving my own devices, I would not look the way I do right now... I mean, doing 4 sets of 20 or anything is not NATURAL... know what I mean?... (nor is taking a jug of processed protein to mix a meal or two)

That being said, I would consider Natural and Legal to be pretty closely related. Taking CLA and L-glutamine might help my physique, but it's not going to put me in the same form as someone with the same genetic disposition as me, who is using banned substances... which is why I am a supporter of tested events... let me play on a level playing field... know what I mean?

The other thing that makes me consider myself "natural" is the fact that nothing I put into me has any proven health related side effects that I know of. my conditioning was all cardio, with a sodium /potassium load at the end.. it seemed to work fine...

"ahhh but dryvrgrl... you are not a bodybuilder"

Ms Manitoba is (imo) natural, as she does not use any banned substances either.. as a matter of fact, we were pretty much on the same diet/supps through the winter. There is always ALOT of pressure to "cross over", and I admire anyone who isn't afraid to compete with the "big guys" while being a natural athlete. As a trainer of professional athletes (who all have to sign a waiver that they are NOT using performance enhancing drugs) it would be pretty hypocritical to be using said drugs...

I guess it's boils down to what you feel comfortable with... I am comfortable taking creatine and calling myself natural... if someone else wants to say I am cheating because of my choice to take creatine or glutamine or processed whey. maybe they just have to do that to ease thier own conscience

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo89 View Post
    they might as well just call it "legal" bodybuilding. Because thats basically what most of them consider it. "if its legal im not cheating" like give me a break. LEGAL and NATURAL are totally different. and no im not talking about things like tribulus, im talking more along the lines of H-50, Superdrol... things like that.
    I think most natural bodybuilders would agree with you here. Most natural bodybuilders (I would hope) consider prohormones and anything that has steroid like effects should be considered cheating.

If something can increase your bench by 50 pounds in a couple of weeks, it shouldn't be considered natural...Legal or not! Things like creatine and tribulus do not even come close to that effect. I just started taking creatine again after a long time without, and even that has only helped me 10 pounds at the most.

I like the term legal bodybuilding though....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    What? Only food and water? And yes training without creatine sucks ass...
    yeah.,. you want your creatine fix?? go eat a ****ton of red meat

want some tribulus in your diet?? go put them roots there in your salad

i ****ing hate it when my friends say "man, im not like you, im all natural"... while they pound 2 scoops of NO explode and complain when their ears buzzz

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by legaliz3 View Post
    yeah.,. you want your creatine fix?? go eat a ****ton of red meat

want some tribulus in your diet?? go put them roots there in your salad

i ****ing hate it when my friends say "man, im not like you, im all natural"... while they pound 2 scoops of NO explode and complain when their ears buzzz
    How much red meat does it take to get 5 grams?
    If consumer magazine claims to know what consumers want, how come they`re still a magazine?

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    How much red meat does it take to get 5 grams?
    Not sure. Maybe a couple pounds (but that's a total guess).
    War only has rules for the loser.

Muscle Bound

agreed.. pro hormones are not natural..also not legal in canada... i beilive any test product sold otc in canada has to be herbal only..my sup shop doesnt even sell 6 oxo anymore.. lots of companies have diffrent recipes for canada as well.

National Level Bodybuilding Competitor

i think you can be considered Natural if you don't have a CLUE what most of the stuff you are talking about is!! never mind taking it!

Twirp

Natural bodybuilding is just that, natural to the human body or earth. Products like tribulus are plant extracts and therefore are natural. Products like 6-oxo are banned from natural competitions because they are just that not natural herbs or extracts. The idea of natural bodybuilding is to use what you body has (ie. making hormone levels optimal, not substituting then for chemicals) Products like creatine are considered natural because they are already in the whole foods we eat (ie beef).

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    Natural bodybuilding is just that, natural to the human body or earth. Products like tribulus are plant extracts and therefore are natural. Products like 6-oxo are banned from natural competitions because they are just that not natural herbs or extracts. The idea of natural bodybuilding is to use what you body has (ie. making hormone levels optimal, not substituting then for chemicals) Products like creatine are considered natural because they are already in the whole foods we eat (ie beef).
    Testosterone is natural too...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast